British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Poland 2016 Season Extraleague News

Holta was not the only one, it was a problem in Sweden with many sports that the sponsorship money or pay was paid in such a way that the taxman got upset. Many Finnish ice hockey players for example had to pay hundreds of thousands of tax years after the fact.

But my moral (questionable or not) dont see a problem in a side deal that states me having to find a sponsor for a rider in order to get his signature.

Holta was not the only one, it was a problem in Sweden with many sports that the sponsorship money or pay was paid in such a way that the taxman got upset. Many Finnish ice hockey players for example had to pay hundreds of thousands of tax years after the fact.

But my moral (questionable or not) dont see a problem in a side deal that states me having to find a sponsor for a rider in order to get his signature.

Holta was not the only one, it was a problem in Sweden with many sports that the sponsorship money or pay was paid in such a way that the taxman got upset

Yes that is right. The tax authority didn't considered the sponsorship money to be actual sponsorship but a form of indirect salary.

The difference is that sponsorship money is tax deductable (at least to some extent) while regular salary is not.

So it was considered that Holta (and i think also Jason Crump) had received the sponsorship money is such a way that it was an attempt

to escape taxes. It can also be used as a way to circumvent salary cap even if there isn't any salary cap in use any more.

Edited by Ghostwalker

Dreadful skullduggery!!! Just as well that doesn't exist in UK speedway!! :nono::wink::wink::D:shock:

• Like 1

Yes that is right. The tax authority didn't considered the sponsorship money to be actual sponsorship but a form of indirect salary.

The difference is that sponsorship money is tax deductable (at least to some extent) while regular salary is not.

So it was considered that Holta (and i think also Jason Crump) had received the sponsorship money is such a way that it was an attempt

to escape taxes. It can also be used as a way to circumvent salary cap even if there isn't any salary cap in use any more.

They are both tax deductable. But if I would hire you to my company and paid you 10k a month, I'd have to also pay for your insurances and other which would actually mean you would cost me around 15k a month. This is pretty accurate on how it works in Finland at the moment. But if I were to sponsor you with 10k a month, you would only cost me 10k a month and all insurances and taxes would be your problem.

Such deal is not a problem but...

If such point would be in one contract between Hancock and Rzeszów club together with another details - it is OK. But they signed one "official" contract which was sent to PZM and second deal according this "sponsorship" money. That is the problem.

How is it best to get tickets in Poland? In Zielona Gora last year we ordered them before hand and collected them from the shopping centre. If going to Leszno in April which would be the best way to get tickets? Any help would be much appreciated.

Edited by Gaz

When i went to Poland last year i just bought the tickets before match at the stadium i arrived maybe 2 hours before start and wait in line to get it was short basically arrive early is my advice.

• Like 1

How is it best to get tickets in Poland? In Zielona Gora last year we ordered them before hand and collected them from the shopping centre. If going to Leszno in April which would be the best way to get tickets? Any help would be much appreciated.

Leszno is such a big stadium that there is bound to be tickets available on the day-they have several windows selling tickets.

• Like 1

How is it best to get tickets in Poland?

Just to be safe a bit of homework is advisable. Some matches, notably those between Stal Gorzow and Falubaz Zielona Gora and some other local derbys are habitually sell-outs. If there is a likelihood of that, then a nice e-mail to the club explaining you are coming from the UK etc etc,...usually does the trick.

• Like 1

Whilst these amendments to the NICE league have generated certain uncertainties with TV dates scheduled for some Fridays and Saturdays, the scrapping of the 4 Wednesday dates removes all the fixture clashes they created for riders riding in both the NICE league and the British Elite League.

July 13th and 20th are now looking much better for Poole. Friday 5th August does however remain a potential headache, as does Sunday 11th September.

Edited by ballinger