British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Poland 2016 Season Extraleague News

Actually 3 days for 1st 2 rounds-Friday,Saturday and Sunday- great for us TV/stream viewers, all the matches shown(4) in each round. Happy days !!!!

We'll see. hope for the best.

Is NC+ or nSport+ still broadcaster?

Thank you. In installments apparently. Anyone with a 3-day InterRail ticket for Poland will have a whale of a time on the weekend of 8-10 April. The rest though, we'll have to wait for.

Friday 8th April = Leszno v Stal Gorzow

Saturday 9th April = Grudziadz v Tarnow

Sunday 10th April = Ribnik v Torun & Mickey Mouse v Sparta Poznan Wroclaw

Just been looking at flights,hotels etc -although I would hire a car in Poland. I would need to be home on Monday morning so Ryanair Stansted to Wroclaw-out Friday morning back Monday morning would work with taking the Rybnik match on the Sunday (long drive from Grudziadz to Rybnik on Sunday however ! )

We'll see. hope for the best.

Is NC+ or nSport+ still broadcaster?

Contracts not changed as far as I know - so N sport+ are showing. TVP have agreed to cover the new div 1 - I only watch on streams so hopefully no clampdown on them !!

Just been looking at flights,hotels etc -although I would hire a car in Poland. I would need to be home on Monday morning so Ryanair Stansted to Wroclaw-out Friday morning back Monday morning would work with taking the Rybnik match on the Sunday (long drive from Grudziadz to Rybnik on Sunday however ! )

Slightly less hectic and more holiday-like :drink: for those further away from Stansted (or not wanting to get up at 1am in the morning to catch the oh Christ hundred hours flight) would be the Ryanair flight to Bydgoszcz from Birmingham on the Thursday, then using buses and trains to and from the end destinations, returning from Bydgoszcz to Birmingham on the Tuesday after a leisurely touristy day of R & R :drink::drink::drink: in Torun on the Monday. :t:

Actually 3 days for 1st 2 rounds-Friday,Saturday and Sunday- great for us TV/stream viewers, all the matches shown(4) in each round. Happy days !!!!

And like with yourself, for the speedway tourist, this will be mana from heaven.

That said, this is all at the whim of the TV companies. IF they want something else on the Friday instead of the speedway, the meetings will get shifted just as readily as the start times get shifted around to fit in with the TV schedules. Bear in mind this is Olympic year and there's some Association Football event going on in Europe, there will be plenty of options for a sports broadcaster to fill their schedules with.

Am I right in remembering (and interpreting the Google translation correctly) that the Poznan track does not have any lighting yet so the Sparta Wroclaw home meetings will have to be early afternoon so that it doesn't get too dark for the TV cameras?

If that's the case, and if the lords of the TV schedules play ball, it could be possible to get to a Wroclaw meeting in Poznan in the early afternoon and then drive down the road to Gorzow for the evening meeting.

Flying into / out of Poznan offers the opportunity, for instance, of something like 3rd June - Torun v Rybnik, and on 5th June - Wroclaw v Mickey Mouse followed up by Gorzow v Leszno.

This does rather prove that even with large gates and plenty of income it's still possible to thoroughly screw-up speedway.

What is screwing up speedway in Poland is not large gates, but overseas riders' payments demands and Polish bosses agreeing to it.

Signs are, that this will not go on forever.

• Like 3

What is screwing up speedway in Poland is not large gates, but overseas riders' payments demands and Polish bosses agreeing to it.

Years ago when I ran the USA team we agreed to a 3 match Test Series.....my guys were not cheap, but the PZM agreed...but could not do a deal with the Polish riders.

However I am hearing the usual high/rediculous signing on/points fees...but at the end of teh day how many acdtually get the money initially agreed...few I understand....

However I am hearing the usual high/rediculous signing on/points fees...but at the end of teh day how many acdtually get the money initially agreed...few I understand....

I think that most of overseas and some of danish riders get paid this rediculous fees in time. No probelms for them.

Look, I presume that you are not working in your first language but you (and those liking your post who really have no excuse) are failing (I do hope accidentally) to understand my post.

It is absolutely ludicrous to interpret my post as blaming the problems on big gates. I said EVEN WITH big gates that it's possible to screw-up speedway. Of course excessive payments are the problem.

Let me try again and perhaps the three of you might understand.

Despite big gates Poland is managing to screw up speedway by paying out far too much to riders.

There, will that do or can you find some some petty point to latch onto and please ukmartin and iris123 or can we talk about speedway?

At least a fan of Polish speedway can see that things aren't as perfect as others choose to think for some odd reason.

Edited by rmc

Look, I presume that you are not working in your first language but you (and those liking your post who really have no excuse) are failing (I do hope accidentally) to understand my post.

It is absolutely ludicrous to interpret my post as blaming the problems on big gates. I said EVEN WITH big gates that it's possible to screw-up speedway. Of course excessive payments are the problem.

Let me try again and perhaps the three of you might understand.

Despite big gates Poland is managing to screw up speedway by paying out far too much to riders.

There, will that do or can you find some some petty point to latch onto and please ukmartin and iris123 or can we talk about speedway?

At least a fan of Polish speedway can see that things aren't as perfect as others choose to think for some odd reason.

In my view the time has come for some kind of Rider control in Poland- the Leszno top 5 for 2016 in Pedersen,Sayfutdinov ,kildemand, piotr pawlicki and Zengota is frankly ridiculously strong. yes they have the minimum number of Polish riders quota and the U21 Polish reserves-but I think the time has come for a points limit for the top 5. We might see a reduction in the quality of the teams overall-but if the points limit was set right cost savings could happen.

Slightly less hectic and more holiday-like :drink: for those further away from Stansted (or not wanting to get up at 1am in the morning to catch the oh Christ hundred hours flight) would be the Ryanair flight to Bydgoszcz from Birmingham on the Thursday, then using buses and trains to and from the end destinations, returning from Bydgoszcz to Birmingham on the Tuesday after a leisurely touristy day of R & R :drink::drink::drink: in Torun on the Monday. :t:

And like with yourself, for the speedway tourist, this will be mana from heaven.

That said, this is all at the whim of the TV companies. IF they want something else on the Friday instead of the speedway, the meetings will get shifted just as readily as the start times get shifted around to fit in with the TV schedules. Bear in mind this is Olympic year and there's some Association Football event going on in Europe, there will be plenty of options for a sports broadcaster to fill their schedules with.

Am I right in remembering (and interpreting the Google translation correctly) that the Poznan track does not have any lighting yet so the Sparta Wroclaw home meetings will have to be early afternoon so that it doesn't get too dark for the TV cameras?

If that's the case, and if the lords of the TV schedules play ball, it could be possible to get to a Wroclaw meeting in Poznan in the early afternoon and then drive down the road to Gorzow for the evening meeting.

Flying into / out of Poznan offers the opportunity, for instance, of something like 3rd June - Torun v Rybnik, and on 5th June - Wroclaw v Mickey Mouse followed up by Gorzow v Leszno.

what is public transport like in Poland, how is it using the trains and buses?

Look,i was liking his post for the fact that he said that signs are that bosses won't go on agreeing to high rider demands and absolutely nothing to do with anything you post mate.If you can understand this,i find it great that bosses at sometime will come around to thinking we can't go on like this forever.That is it,full stop.I don't really care for most of your posts and my liking of the post had absolutely zero to do with you :blink:

Edited by iris123
  • Like 5

In my view the time has come for some kind of Rider control in Poland- the Leszno top 5 for 2016 in Pedersen,Sayfutdinov ,kildemand, piotr pawlicki and Zengota is frankly ridiculously strong. yes they have the minimum number of Polish riders quota and the U21 Polish reserves-but I think the time has come for a points limit for the top 5. We might see a reduction in the quality of the teams overall-but if the points limit was set right cost savings could happen.

Points limit is the worst possible answer. I dont want to see riders losing on purpose to manipulate their average... If they want control a salary cap could work.

In speedway squads are much more sensitive to injuries than any other team sports so a strong top 5 doesnt mean immediate championships or even playoffs.

Apologies if this is up already maybe someone can show me where. is there a list of what airport is best for getting to all Polish tracks and train links etc . I wanna do a few fixtures this year and would appreciate any info from those that know or regulary go..

• Like 1

Apologies if this is up already maybe someone can show me where. is there a list of what airport is best for getting to all Polish tracks and train links etc . I wanna do a few fixtures this year and would appreciate any info from those that know or regulary go..

I will do my best, however you will need to do a bit yourself.

1 check out where Ryanair and Wizzair fly to in Poland- and Easy jet fly to Krakow

2 the internet will tell you what airports are nearest to which towns

3 I find http://www.bahn.de/p_en/view/index.shtml best for train times in Europe.

Certainly you have plenty of choice with Wroclaw riding in Poznan. Torun and Grudziadz not far from Bydgoszcz. Gorzow and Zielona Gora near each other in the west of the country. Leszno near Poznan/Wroclaw and Rybnik and Tarnow in the south.

Edited by racers and royals
  • Like 1

Points limit is the worst possible answer. I dont want to see riders losing on purpose to manipulate their average... If they want control a salary cap could work.

In speedway squads are much more sensitive to injuries than any other team sports so a strong top 5 doesnt mean immediate championships or even playoffs.

Salary cap have been tested in Sweden and it was too easy to circumvent since some teams used "hidden" payment were the riders salary were paid from the

sponsors rather from the team. So while the teams on paper looked like they were below the salary cap, they were in reality far over it.

Salary cap works well in i.e. NHL but the players are not freelancing consultants like the speedway riders are:

They players have a fixed employment with the (only) team (franchise) they are playing for, the salaries are public information and very few, if any,

players have private sponsors in the same way as speedway riders do.

How are you going to control a speedway riders payments? How do you determine which/how much money are private sponsorship and how much is "hidden" salary?

• Like 1