British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Poland 2016 Season Extraleague News

what is public transport like in Poland, how is it using the trains and buses?

Very cheap. The trains are not the fastest but I've not been let down by them reliability or punctuality wise, although we always get to hear the horror stories. Since Poland has been getting more and more German rolling stock "hand me down's" things have improved from the olden days. There are more inter-city coach options now too. Check out the PolskiBus web site. Inter-City coaches are often quicker than trains between destinations, so if the timetable suits, that is well worth looking at. Car hire is also very cheap over there. I've had weekend deals for £55-£60 or so which when there are a few of you traveling together and sharing the cost, can be a good option.

Any experiences of the best way to get to Zielena Gora via UK airports?

Not particularly keen on driving in Poland.

I see Poznan will be hosting Wroclaw meetings too, easy access from the airport?

Apologies if this is up already maybe someone can show me where. is there a list of what airport is best for getting to all Polish tracks and train links etc . I wanna do a few fixtures this year and would appreciate any info from those that know or regulary go..

Great idea

Any experiences of the best way to get to Zielena Gora via UK airports?

Not particularly keen on driving in Poland.

I see Poznan will be hosting Wroclaw meetings too, easy access from the airport?

Great idea

Poznan airport is the nearest to Zielona Gora- buses leave from airport to Poznan regularly. trains from Poznan to ZG take about 1hr 50 mins.

Poznan airport is the nearest to Zielona Gora- buses leave from airport to Poznan regularly. trains from Poznan to ZG take about 1hr 50 mins.

Thanks. Not the easiest of trips then.

What's wrong with driving in Poland? It's no problem.

Agree-and the poster on some of the GP threads has done plenty of driving abroad-also if driving Berlin would be an option for an airport for Zielona Gora.

• Like 1

I've driven the round trip from Poznan to Gorzow (SGP) and on to Zielona Gora (Sunday league meeting) and back to Poznan, and I'd say that there's nothing to worry about. The roads are in good condition, and traffic is moderate at worst and light most of the time.

I've even driven to Zielona Gora from Szczecin and back in a day, and again, it's one long road, (OK, I picked up passengers in Gorzow on the way) and no problems incurred on that trip either. Szczecin may not be an obvious airport to think about, but there are some cheap flights to be had there. So if you don't mind driving in a straight line for a couple of hours, then it's worth considering.

Very cheap. The trains are not the fastest but I've not been let down by them reliability or punctuality wise, although we always get to hear the horror stories. Since Poland has been getting more and more German rolling stock "hand me down's" things have improved from the olden days. There are more inter-city coach options now too. Check out the PolskiBus web site. Inter-City coaches are often quicker than trains between destinations, so if the timetable suits, that is well worth looking at. Car hire is also very cheap over there. I've had weekend deals for £55-£60 or so which when there are a few of you traveling together and sharing the cost, can be a good option.

Thought we had a horror story to tell MB!!! Jeez!

Thought we had a horror story to tell MB!!! Jeez!

Ok, so the Gorzow to Poznan train was a bit full...A victim of it's own popularity lol. Maybe so many Stal fans traveling home? Perhaps? But despite all the people getting on and off, it still arrived in Poznan on time!

Ok, so the Gorzow to Poznan train was a bit full...A victim of it's own popularity lol. Maybe so many Stal fans traveling home? Perhaps? But despite all the people getting on and off, it still arrived in Poznan on time!

You've forgotten our Poznan to Gorzow train stop-more-than-go, baking ride? lol

You've forgotten our Poznan to Gorzow train stop-more-than-go, baking ride? lol

Er yeah...lol...Every day was baking that trip though.

That's one to think about when going to Poland. Temperatures there can be higher than in the UK. 30c-35c is common in the summer. And it's humid. Don't skimp on aircon when booking hotel rooms.

Er yeah...lol...Every day was baking that trip though.

That's one to think about when going to Poland. Temperatures there can be higher than in the UK. 30c-35c is common in the summer. And it's humid. Don't skimp on aircon when booking hotel rooms.

Oh god yeah, definitely ask for air con in your room if it's likely to be hot, a fan doesn't work! lol

Something all Polish teams seem to do better than the British teams. - Here's some photos of Stal Gorzow doing something similar - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.947708788599484.1073742065.119682784735426&type=3