British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Poland 2016 Season Extraleague News

Anyone know when the fixtures r announced??

Going to plan a trip to one of the Polish European Championship rounds & hoping it will be on a weekend where there is League action.

Disappointing these days that there never seems to be Extraliga fixtures the day after a GP so hoping it changes for the Polish Euro round!!

I doubt they will announce a fixture list until all clubs' financial issues have been sorted and they've been granted licences again (or not?).

I doubt they will announce a fixture list until all clubs' financial issues have been sorted and they've been granted licences again (or not?).

Yeah I think we can assume that there won't be any fixtures list until PZM knows which teams that goes to which league.

We will know in two weeks time which teams that will be allowed to continue.

Can anybody please make a long story short and tell us how did they managed to cock up ZG?

I'm away this weekend, cant do stuff I could or would do at home.

Can anybody please make a long story short and tell us how did they managed to cock up ZG?

I'm away this weekend, cant do stuff I could or would do at home.

If you look at this Polish report on corruption under Sport,you will find speedway mentioned.Maybe that answers your question ;)

http://www.batory.org.pl/doc/Jak_walczyc_zkor_EN.pdf

Torun waiting til Monday for a reply from Greg Hancock!! Looks likely they will go without Jason Doyle, which might explain Darcy Ward's tweet that he is 'stoked' at Chris Holder's news!!!!

http://sportowefakty.wp.pl/zuzel/562734/ekstraliga-w-zagranicznej-telewizji-przetarg-zakonczony#

One wonders if this may finally signal the awarding of the contract for the management of international TV rights to an agency that actually does want to sell Polish Speedway to a UK broadcaster instead of doing the SlowSpeed International tactic of acquiring the rights in order to block the transmission of the spectacle to the British public in order to protect the image of the British speedway on Sky.

TRANSLATED by Speedway Star's Polish correspondent...

November 23 was the date when the auction for the international TV rights for screening Polish Extraleague in 2016-2018 finished. It is possible that the top tier will be broadcast live by a foreign TV channel.

So far the Polish Extraleague campaign has been shown only in Poland by nSport+ channel . Nevertheless, it might change in the forthcoming season. This week the PGE Ekstraliga board of directors launched an auction for international rights for broadcasting the top division meetings. A number of agencies acquiring such rights on usual basis took part in the auction.

Wojciech Stepniewski, the PGE Ekstraliga CEO, told SportoweFekty.pl: “We have received a few offers and the auction is over now. For the time being I am not supposed to reveal many details because Extraleague clubs need to be acquainted with the relevant information.”

Eventually, international rights for showing the Extraleague will belong to one agency that will later be able to sell them to a foreign TV station.

PGE Ekstraliga CEO admits screening the division’s meetings outside Poland would enable a further development of the product. It is believed such transmissions could attract many viewers in such countries as Denmark, Sweden or Great Britain. Stepniewski adds: “Showing Extraleague meetings outside Poland would be a fantastic promotion of the top Polish league. The problem is that in many speedway nations Sunday, when Poland stages its league meetings, is a typical football day, which would definitely attract bigger numbers than our speedway.”

So,does that last sentence mean they are looking at changing the race day to avoid a clash with football?