British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Poland 2016 Season Extraleague News

So,does that last sentence mean they are looking at changing the race day to avoid a clash with football?

Just cant see them abandoning the paying public in favour of tv audience... Which is probably what they will do... :rofl:

How big is Sunday Football in Sweden and Denmark?

Don't think their football is that big in Denmark,although they do play on sunday.The big problem for Sweden,Denmark and a lot of countries is they watch English or Spanish football on sunday.English football at least is very big and there are lts of fans who even travel over for the games.So I guess it gets big coverage.The trouble is really which day doesn't clash with football now?Even the Bundesliga want,to protests from the lower league,to play on Mondays for tv money

I have the Cmore package, Canal+ in other countries. There isn't a day without UK footy being on it. Pubs show skysports over here and on weekends there's a live match every 120 minutes.

UK has no football from mid May to Mid August, so clash would be limited.

june to july next year are the Euro football finals.Ok Denmark didn't qualify,but more importantly Poland did........as well as Sweden.Not sure about Finland though :rofl:

In Sweden Viasat/Tv10 have/had the rights for Polish EL but this season they only bothered to show the semifinal and the final.

TRANSLATED by Speedway Star's Polish correspondent...

November 23 was the date when the auction for the international TV rights for screening Polish Extraleague in 2016-2018 finished. It is possible that the top tier will be broadcast live by a foreign TV channel.

So far the Polish Extraleague campaign has been shown only in Poland by nSport+ channel . Nevertheless, it might change in the forthcoming season. This week the PGE Ekstraliga board of directors launched an auction for international rights for broadcasting the top division meetings. A number of agencies acquiring such rights on usual basis took part in the auction.

Wojciech Stepniewski, the PGE Ekstraliga CEO, told SportoweFekty.pl: “We have received a few offers and the auction is over now. For the time being I am not supposed to reveal many details because Extraleague clubs need to be acquainted with the relevant information.”

Eventually, international rights for showing the Extraleague will belong to one agency that will later be able to sell them to a foreign TV station.

PGE Ekstraliga CEO admits screening the division’s meetings outside Poland would enable a further development of the product. It is believed such transmissions could attract many viewers in such countries as Denmark, Sweden or Great Britain. Stepniewski adds: “Showing Extraleague meetings outside Poland would be a fantastic promotion of the top Polish league. The problem is that in many speedway nations Sunday, when Poland stages its league meetings, is a typical football day, which would definitely attract bigger numbers than our speedway.”

I was wondering what Terry Russell had been up to?! :D

Edited by Skidder1

june to july next year are the Euro football finals.Ok Denmark didn't qualify,but more importantly Poland did........as well as Sweden.Not sure about Finland though :rofl:

Maybe that tells everything we need to know about your footy knowledge, moron! :lol:
  • Like 1

I know Scotland beat Finland in the Euro Curling semi-finals.And the bronze was Finlands first ever medal :P

I know Scotland beat Finland in the Euro Curling semi-finals.And the bronze was Finlands first ever medal :P

Wow!! I thought the team never recovered from M15's retirement. Good for them! :approve:

According to this article, the city of Rzeszów's financial support to the speedway team was not enough for Stali Rzeszów to pay all their bets and therefor bankruptcy is becoming more likely.

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=sv&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fsportowefakty.wp.pl%2Fzuzel%2F563648%2Fdramatyczna-sytuacja-stali-rzeszow-miasto-nie-pokryje-calosci-dlugu&edit-text=

Over and out for ZKS Ostrovia as they are bankrupt and resigned from the league. Probably Wroclaw will stage their meetings there.