British Speedway Forum
Paul Johnson

Scunthorpe Scorpions 2016?

Lakeside picked Lewis Blackbird as one of their draft riders, so they must think there is a good chance he will be coming out of retirement.

Lakeside picked Lewis Blackbird as one of their draft riders, so they must think there is a good chance he will be coming out of retirement.

Was it not Lewis Blackbird who was replaced at Lakeside when Lewis Kerr became available? Probably changed his mind again prior or after that happened

Just checking updates in oz qualifier and taylor poole not competing it says he wants a break from speedway,i would have thought he would have wanted as much time on a bike as possible can anyone shed any light on this

reading on seems maybe s dispute about pts money

Just checking updates in oz qualifier and taylor poole not competing it says he wants a break from speedway,i would have thought he would have wanted as much time on a bike as possible can anyone shed any light on this

reading on seems maybe s dispute about pts money

I have known Taylor's dad Mick pretty much since Gosford opened in the early 1990's. Mick had a desire to succeed and did his best to move his career forward until the unfortunate end when he crashed at the Wagga Long Track. I have always had doubts whether Taylor had the similar type of desire that his father possessed. He has also had a couple of injuries that would have dented the enthusiasm. Thus I am not surprised he has retired and I sincerely doubt it is a dispute about money. Not sure if he has a trade to fall back on.

I read somewhere that taylor had some bad injuries to his head and legs, he has been offered a good job,but will probably just ride now and again over in aus

To be fair I am with Taylor on this; you cannot come half way round the world half hearted about it or unsure. Its a fine line with this sport as we all know; and you are in it 100% (and even at that!) but certainly any less and it can bite back you back. So no; if he's not got that 100% desire I admire him for his honesty at this stage; and wish him all the very best for the future. This way we know now and can plan accordingly; I am sure that the management will be working hard to bring in a good replacement. As Rob has said; we might look back on this as being a key sign post along the road to achieving our ambitions in 2016.

Appears RJ is already signed with Polish side AZ Victoria Pila for 2016. Would seem to curtail as a Scunny option?

right then that's the end of that then cheers ..back to me Bumper Book of available speedway riders!

Edited by the outsider
  • Like 3

I have known Taylor's dad Mick pretty much since Gosford opened in the early 1990's. Mick had a desire to succeed and did his best to move his career forward until the unfortunate end when he crashed at the Wagga Long Track. I have always had doubts whether Taylor had the similar type of desire that his father possessed. He has also had a couple of injuries that would have dented the enthusiasm. Thus I am not surprised he has retired and I sincerely doubt it is a dispute about money. Not sure if he has a trade to fall back on.

Should have drank more Scottish Blend tea. :drink::t:;)

Edited by tyretrax

To be fair I am with Taylor on this; you cannot come half way round the world half hearted about it or unsure. Its a fine line with this sport as we all know; and you are in it 100% (and even at that!) but certainly any less and it can bite back you back. So no; if he's not got that 100% desire I admire him for his honesty at this stage; and wish him all the very best for the future. This way we know now and can plan accordingly; I am sure that the management will be working hard to bring in a good replacement. As Rob has said; we might look back on this as being a key sign post along the road to achieving our ambitions in 2016.

right then that's the end of that then cheers ..back to me Bumper Book of available speedway riders!

I agree it is unfortunate to make this decision now, but it does give Rob enough time to look for and sign a decent replacement. Taylor could have dithered for awhile longer, and ruined most peoples time, but he has done the honest thing and withdrawn. Wish him all the best in what ever direction he chooses to go.

• Like 1

how many matches till zeberdee gets an average? maybe ben wilson short term? maybe plump for andre compton then?

Edited by neck brace tony

How about Ashley Morris as short term until holub has an average then bring in andreas lyager in

Season hasn't started, so there should be enough time between now and the start of the season where Scunthorpe don`t need a short term signing as there is still enough riders out there who can do a good job next season.

Season hasn't started, so there should be enough time between now and the start of the season where Scunthorpe don`t need a short term signing as there is still enough riders out there who can do a good job next season.

Yep don't disagree was just chucking it out there and keeping the debate alive before Lewy comes and tells us something different

I think the point is that Holub's average is going to drop by 2-3 points so those points could then be used towards a permanent replacement for Poole.

• Like 1