Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Paul Johnson

Scunthorpe Scorpions 2016?

Would it not make sense to have the start time for the Glasgow match a bit earlier than 6.30 so Glasgow fans and any neutral fans heading north can get back home in good time. I think most of these fans will set off from the Cardiff/south wales on Sunday morning and I would guess it would take them 3-5 hours to reach Scunthorpe.

No thank you , i'll be leaving Newport by train on the Sunday morning , then it will be change at Bristol for one to Doncaster and then change again there for one to Scunthorpe . Taxi from the station to the Premier Inn , check in and a bite to eat in the pub there , before taxi to the track , so the more time I have - the better . So 6-30 is fine by me .

• Like 3

Has Josh been back on the bike yet? has he had any laps yet a big year for Josh before injury he was going quite well last year.I don't know what you Scunny fans think or expect from Josh this year, around a 8.80/9.00 average maybe? i think he will also have a decent EL campaign.

• Like 1

Reckon Auty will be looking forward to his early season trip to the OTA on 15th April.

• Like 3

By the time Klindt departs for his Polish fixtures , Holub will have an established average and no doubt there wil be scope for a new rider.

By the time Klindt departs for his Polish fixtures , Holub will have an established average and no doubt there wil be scope for a new rider.

As already discussed on this Thread...

2 x home and 3 x away scheduled fixtures for Holub to attain an Established MA before Klindt's Polish fixtures start - rain-off's and re-arrangements permitting.

Problem may be that the EMA is effective 7 days after the last qualifying Meeting and the home match against Peterborough on 10th April is only 3 days after the fifth match away at Sheffield.

Reckon Auty will be looking forward to his early season trip to the OTA on 15th April.

i recon its good night for turtle head tungate. or will he throw a sickie ?

i recon its good night for turtle head tungate. or will he throw a sickie ?

I think Josh should look ahead ok last years incident was bad a disgrace to be honest, but he needs a injury free year if he does that he will do well.

As already discussed on this Thread...

2 x home and 3 x away scheduled fixtures for Holub to attain an Established MA before Klindt's Polish fixtures start - rain-off's and re-arrangements permitting.

Problem may be that the EMA is effective 7 days after the last qualifying Meeting and the home match against Peterborough on 10th April is only 3 days after the fifth match away at Sheffield.

Who could they realistically sign? The return of Lyager maybe.

Who could they realistically sign? The return of Lyager maybe.

Andreas Lyager is in the same Częstochowa squad as Nicolai Klindt in the Polish League; so again it will depend how Częstochowa intend to use Andreas. He definitely has it in him to be one of the next up and coming Danish riders; just think back to how quickly he sized up the EWR in his limited appearances last season.

When Nicolai's Częstochowa commitments kick in the management will need to make a decision and I suppose someone like Andre Compton might be in mind ?;

But for me Andreas deserves a chance to prove we have another great young rider in our midst.

Edited by the outsider
  • Like 1

Nicolai Klindts season fixture seem to be confirming that he has no Scunthorpe commitments at this stage beyond Somerset away on 19 April.

Nicolai Klindts season fixture seem to be confirming that he has no Scunthorpe commitments at this stage beyond Somerset away on 19 April.

I'm reading it that Klindt won't be riding in the fixtures that are marked in red on his racing calendar, which means that, currently, he will ride for the Scorpions only in the League Cup matches:

on 17th March away at Ipswich;

on 20th March at home to Ipswich (he is missing his Polish club's challenge match at Zielona Gora on this date);

on 27th March at home to Sheffield. and

on 7th April away at Sheffield

He will miss Scunthorpe's match on 1st April away at Peterborough as he is due to ride for Leicester away at Lakeside and will not ride on 10th April at home to the Panthers as his Polish club are riding at Rzeszow. The PL match at the OTA on 15th April clashes with his SGP & SEC qualifiers in Denmark. His calendar then shows no further Scunthorpe commitments:

http://nicolaiklindt.com/fuld-kalender/

(EDIT: Just beat me to it eric i)

Edited by macca56

So when nicolai stops zeberdee should have his average, both on the 7th of april

assuming the weather stays fine.....
  • Like 1