Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Paul Johnson

Scunthorpe Scorpions 2016?

If I didn't like something I'd hardly be encouraging the manager of the team I support to do the same.

I am sure you wouldn't be complaining about it, if the circumstances had happened with your team , it's just that nobody expected a 3 point reserve to up his average so much. The lad has been brilliant and fully deserves to be. in the top 5. And as for him previously averaging over 4 for Somerset and then being given a 3 point starting average that is not a fault of Panthers management , just an astute decision to sign him by Ged Rathbone.

I am sure you wouldn't be complaining about it, if the circumstances had happened with your team , it's just that nobody expected a 3 point reserve to up his average so much. The lad has been brilliant and fully deserves to be. in the top 5. And as for him previously averaging over 4 for Somerset and then being given a 3 point starting average that is not a fault of Panthers management , just an astute decision to sign him by Ged Rathbone.

In that case, you should be forced to track another British three pointer at 7. If Ged Rathbone is as astute as you claim, he'll have no bother finding another.

• Like 1

In that case, you should be forced to track another British three pointer at 7. If Ged Rathbone is as astute as you claim, he'll have no bother finding another.

Ha ha ha, he doesn't need to thank you

Whats the betting Wilko re sits his 11 plus cant get time off and Watt comes in?? :)

Arse, judging by your previous posts, he will be sitting next to you. Just remember to get to the exam in good time, and do not forget to bring a crayon. :wink:

• Like 2

Just driven passed the track on the way to work and saw 2 Council "for sale " boards right next to the track... 1 just before the roundabout and the other near the entrance... im guessing the land would be adjoinging the track? but looks like its the track.from where they are positioned...

Edited by neck brace tony

neck brace tony

Posted Today, 10:17 AM

Looks like Ryan Douglas will be No1 from the 1st of July

And Toft to Reserve

Edited by bez
  • Like 1

isnt that 39.4 team average :o

Come on Rob, spend those 3 pts and get us a proper #1, would change the whole balance of the team... imagine facing some of the teams who are tracking 43-44 pt averages with our present team!

I see in speedway star that Godfrey has bought a new club house, while I appreciate his investment in facilities I can't understand why there isn't enough money for a number one rider. Two very tough home matches coming up against a strengthened Ipswich team and then Glasgow, I wouldn't be surprised to see Scunthorpe lose both these matches with the current team.

I can't understand why there isn't enough money for a number one rider.

Low attendances, lack of funds?

Low attendances, lack of funds?

We can afford a club house why not a number one rider.

• Like 2

We can afford a club house why not a number one rider.

In simple terms, a club house should make you money and a number one rider will cost you money.

• Like 6

In simple terms, a club house should make you money and a number one rider will cost you money.

I take your point but last year the promotion were threatening closure due to the crowd levels not being high enough. This year I see the team struggling badly at home and the crowd starting to drop, with the likelihood of further home defeats I would have thought the promotion would be more concerned with surviving the season than investing in future facilities.

Extra income during Stockcar meetings too, don't forget.

• Like 1