Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
gee jay

N.l.knock Out Cup Final

I left at 9:15 knew what was going to happen, the track was in a really bad state and they just seemed to be making is worse! Shouldn't have been on and it's time to make call offs more acceptable and easy to make! That track was shocking from the off and dangerous as it proved with the crashes we had tonight!

Should have finished at heat 8 and we should have give it another go cause it's only fair for us heathens after 6 years of support!

Brummies Season Finished and they just left the track a state for us is in the final! Never seen anything like it here....tractor out after two heats and again after 4!

Ruts everywhere. I know it's been wet but it looks like clay on the outside!

No track expert if someone could correct me if its the best it can be in these circumstances then I apologise.

And Heathens have ran out of riders to call upon cause the guys at reserve are not up to much standard! Here at the Heathens tonight and just listening to BBC WM and Just been said that the management will meet after half term next week with interested parties and he said they have had intrest. They are all confidential and we won't know just yet!

Maybe worth listening to after if your are not able Ad if it's in Iplayer!

Can I just a say this has been difficult with the track and twice heathens have been a 5-1 and a eagles have fell and got up straight away! Brilliant stuff from the away team![/quote

Last meeting at Perry Barr was Heathens semi against King's Lynn!!!

Even if we are back next season that farce tonight will keep some away.if we are not back I can honestly say I won't miss it.tonight was ridiculus.il be at Eastbourne Saturday but that could be it for me.won't go to brum next year and not sure I can start going regular to monmore again especially at 18 pound.think il travel round to see tracks I haven't been to before

To all who say any kind of racing is better than no racing.you wouldn't say that if you'd been there tonight.big respect to the riders tho,they shouldn't have to put up with that

• Like 1

Brummies Season Finished and they just left the track a state for us is in the final! Never seen anything like it here....tractor out after two heats and again after 4!

Ruts everywhere. I know it's been wet but it looks like clay on the outside!

No track expert if someone could correct me if its the best it can be in these circumstances then I apologise.

And Heathens have ran out of riders to call upon cause the guys at reserve are not up to much standard!

Here at the Heathens tonight and just listening to BBC WM and Just been said that the management will meet after half term next week with interested parties and he said they have had intrest. They are all confidential and we won't know just yet!

Maybe worth listening to after if your are not able Ad if it's in Iplayer!

Can I just a say this has been difficult with the track and twice heathens have been a 5-1 and a eagles have fell and got up straight away! Brilliant stuff from the away team!

Wasn't it Dudley that rode the track last Wednesday Edited by zlata prilba
  • Like 2

pretty poor tonight from the Cradley promters. Four quid for a prog at NL is excessive.

They also failed to get a proper racing surface ready. Not sure of who does the Perry Bar track but the buck stops with the promters. They are responsible.

• Like 2

I left at 9:15 knew what was going to happen, the track was in a really bad state and they just seemed to be making is worse! Shouldn't have been on and it's time to make call offs more acceptable and easy to make! That track was shocking from the off and dangerous as it proved with the crashes we had tonight!

Should have finished at heat 8 and we should have give it another go cause it's only fair for us heathens after 6 years of support!

I left after heat seven.Don't know why I waited so long.

A few weeks ago Birmingham cancelled the first leg of the gold cup semi V Cradley after a night of rain similar to the flood dumped on Perry Barry Tuesday night this week. The Brummies management took an early decision to postpone and were roundly criticised for this.

I would suggest that the Birmingham management got it right.

A few weeks ago Birmingham cancelled the first leg of the gold cup semi V Cradley after a night of rain similar to the flood dumped on Perry Barry Tuesday night this week. The Brummies management took an early decision to postpone and were roundly criticised for this.

I would suggest that the Birmingham management got it right.

Lots of people, myself included, were, either publicly or privately, very critical of the Birmingham management at that time - having witnessed last nights event, I would agree with GA, Brum made the right call. Edited by Graham C

didn't i read in the speedway star last week a promoter saying that the most important thing for 2016 was thinking of the fans first..? glad i missed this having been at the Coventry 10 heat rip-off

Edited by Mike.Butler

Worst bit was all that dead time was filled by Porky's inane ramblings

:cry::nono:

Edited by arnieg

Well what a joke last night turned out to be, Yes the track was looking a bit dangerous but the Eastbourne boys seemed to be having a go at it, Cradley boys were struggling but i guess if it was the other way around they would have left the track as it was.

Cradley were out classed up until the interval which was the track conditions the early interval was the fault of the tractor driver who collected the kick board with the grader, An early interval was agreed by both teams, the ref had no back bone as i heard when he was asked what was going on he said he had no idea? 50 minutes went passed with nothing to tell us what was going on all you could see what the track staff just blading off the track.

The cradley management really sold the sport to the someone who is looking to take over the, a good crowd with a team that was under performing, A load of track staff that had no instruction, A team Manager that had no idea what he was doing as he never been in this position, you could tell when you arrived that the Cradley management had given up and just wanted out the season.

I feel as if I was robbed, I looked at the programme £4 what a joke, but I guess it’s a bit of history as last meeting, talking to some riders in the pits after the balls up of the meeting and they had told me that they could not wait for the season to finish also they had not been paid for a while, maybe it was all a plan for them to delay the meeting, they still had a 1/3 of the meeting to run this ment they did not have to pay the next 5 races to the riders?

Someone like Max who didn’t have the best of nights only scoring a 0,3,3 he may have earnt £150 for his score, it was really was not worth him turning up and only doing 2 rides, Same as BWD the poor guys have to wash the bike and get ready for the next meeting, They will take a day to wash everything, If you pay the riders for £4 and hour that still does not cover the time to wash the bikes and get ready let alone what they race for.

Congratulations to Eastbourne as not one of the riders in their team said a bad word towards the track of the running of the meeting, a lot of unhappy Cradley riders and Management in the pits at the end of the meeting.

A Joke of a last meeting, the way it was run tonight I feel I have been robbed with my entrance fee and then a programme and if I was a cradley fan I would have second thoughts of going back to support them where ever they race. Complete mess and no consideration to to the Fans, Someone should be held responsible for this and I want some money back?

Nigel, Gary, Chris and Will all 4 of you, seems as if you have managed to drag the last drops of speedway out of cradley and that’s unfair on us fans.

Edited by catinthehat
  • Like 3

From the Cradley WEB SITE

THE management of Cradley Heath Speedway wish to apologise for the unsatisfactory manner in which the Knockout Cup Final 1st Leg with Eastbourne at Perry Barr was staged.

(Meaning they didnt suceed in getting the meeting being rerun as they were behind by 8 points at one stage)

The meeting was abandoned after 10 heats with the scores level at 30-30 which means the result stands going into Saturday's second leg.

(Because they crashed the tractor into the fence, then they tried to take all the wet dirt off the track and left it in front of the airfence which is more dangerous)

There were several aspects of the meeting which were, in our opinion, handled badly – some of which were taken out of our hands - but as a management team ultimately we have to take responsibility.

(Not informing the fans of what was going on, Reason being they didnt know, and why worry as they are out of speedway at NL about 2 minutes past 10pm :t:)

We would like to offer our sincere thanks to all supporters who were patient during track work as well as the riders for giving it their all in less than ideal circumstances.

(but never offered a refund for missing a 3rd of the meeting so a £4 programe was really only £1.50 as have 5 blank races.)

We wish both teams good luck on Saturday at Arlington Stadium and hope the travelling Heathens fans making the journey enjoy the evening whatever the result.

(More like Enjoy your speedway elsewhere as we cant provide it for you)

A further update on the immediate future of the club will be issued when and if there is something to report.

(Why would you want to look at running a club that cant run itself, The last meeting should have been a Show Case not a unorganized Flop, KO Cup Semi Final, 3 years in a row maybe have been champions and in the record books)

Big disaster for everyone one involved and its ment to bring speedway on, why not turn the screw a little bit harder and then snap the head off so no return.

Edited by catinthehat

Is that Grumpy Cat In the Hat?

Can't disagree with much of your assessment though! It was a disaster. The track was unfit from the start and it should have been called off (preferably before everyone set out). If I'd driven up from Eastbourne for that I would have been grumpy too.

Still the 90 minute interval was put to good use by many of the fans saying their farewells for the season and hoping that this would not be the last time we met up with some good acquaintancies.

At one stage I thought we wouldn't get the 10 races in before 10 o'clock.

To try and keep things in context, let's remember that we've had a great 6 years under Nigel, Chris and Gary and we all owe them a great debt of gratitiude for bringing the Club back. At the end of the day it's still the biggest regular social event in the Dudley Borough. If only the Council would recognise that. Potentially another great sporting loss to their eternal credit!

Good luck for Saturday lads.

Edited by Ommer Mon
  • Like 2