British Speedway Forum
Brummie Kev

Birmingham Brummies 2016

Birmingham Speedway ‏@BrumSpeedway · 6m6 minutes ago

WE are delighted to confirm that Tom Perry will be back as club captain for the 2016 campaign

Is Waj gonna return, means going top heavy again

You would have thought the would have Zach over Perry if they didnt want a top heavy team. I expect they will wait until agm before announcing him

Going to be intresting when the points limit is announced! Perry I expect to be your number one!

I reckon we'll be top heavy again with Zach & Perry, we had years of teams with strength through the order that always fell short, sometimes agonisingly at the final hurdle, often turning victory into defeat from heat 12 onwards, IMO it's no coincidence the top heavy side assembled by Phil Morris was the one that finally got us over the line and I think that has given GD plenty of food for thought, certainly this method of team building has done Poole no harm at EL level often being a 2 man team with Holder/Ward.

Yes that means there's likely to be a weak link in the middle order, but no one is truly solid through 1-7, and being able to swap them with the likelyhood of strongly performing reserves gives some options if that does indeed happen, I doubt the like of Kirby & Wilson will feature next year.

Is Waj gonna return, means going top heavy again

Perry says he wants to end the season as number 1, doesn't that infer that he won't start as number 1...

You more than likely have the best reserve pairing in the League, Tom will do a solid scoring job in the NL as he always has done, he definately wont be your No1, I'm expecting Zach to take on that role, Kirby has said he is taking a year out. I'm thinking Brum will have a good top and bottom end, and to that end The Judge will be looking to sign 3 middle order riders on an average that will mean two of them can drop to reserve occasionally, and the other can fill in as the 3rd heat leader.

With 12 teams virtually certain the points limit is almost sure to be 36 and that should eliminate the 9+ point riders. If Zach is included it leaves 11.91 for three riders, something like Chapman as third heat leader and two 3.0 second strings? If I was a Brummie supporter I would say no way.

I am hoping the Eagles don't bring BWD back, much as I like the guy, unless the points limit is at least 40 and that is not going to happen.

Buxton have jumped the gun a bit with Greenwood they may live to regret it.

Makes for an interesting AGM with probably Birmingham, Eastbourne and Cradley pressing for a high limit and the others screaming blue murder if it is not low.

Makes for an interesting AGM with probably Birmingham, Eastbourne and Cradley pressing for a high limit and the others screaming blue murder if it is not low.

Without being disrespectful, how realistic is it for others, to get near those mentioned regardless of points limit ?, I think us and Eastbourne giving Cradley some competition has certainly upped the ante in the NL, which helped to attract Belle Vue IMO, even if IOW were coming back regardless.

Also there's a risk of many heatleaders being left in limbo with a low points limit, remember last year we got Adam Ellis pretty much because PL clubs were turning their nose up at him, what happens if they do the same to the like of BWD, Greenwood etc and NL clubs say they are too high to fit ?.

I thought Zach would have been annouced today and I wasnt sure if Tom would be back bearing in mind hes a Cradley asset. Still very pleased Mr Entertainment is back for 2016 and I suspect Zach will be the number 1.

I dont have any problems with us being top heavy next year, we was last year and won the league!. We currently two of most promising 3pters around in Jack Smith and Jack Parkinson Blackburn so its hardly gonna be a poor bottom end. I'm not 100 per cent sure Sam Chapman will be back esp if the points is reduced.

Simple - Cradley will get Matt Ford in as a guest representative for them, just to make sure that what they want, they get. (as is usual with Matt Ford)

Would love Tom Bacon and/or Aaron Mogridge but don't see either happening

Edited by Brummie Kev

I was thinking Johnson.