British Speedway Forum
Brummie Kev

Birmingham Brummies 2016

any chance you could post a link to the article in the local paper PLEASE ?

It's on one of the wire racks in W. H. Smith's. Grab a copy and don't forget to pay your 60p on the way past the till.

• Like 1

He rode for Buxton a few years back. I think the poster was just naming names rather than anything concrete.

Got the 'when' already then,,, :lol:

• Like 1

What average do people think Zach Wajtknecht will hit this year?

Good luck to the guy, and I hope that he can improve on last year...

Now the reality check. He's in at #1. He'll be facing other #1's much more often. Last year he got the bulk of his points against #6's and #7's at the start of the season, then brim full of confidence from that he did well in the main body of the team after that. This year, with the infamous "second year syndrome" he has to hit the ground running against the big boys of the league, otherwise he'll be in unfamiliar territory, and that could well be a test of character.

He also needs to show that his talent means more than just gating well and holding his position, or in just being in the right place when other riders make mistakes. He needs to create and execute his own passing maneuvers out of being better and quicker than the opponents not just more fault-free.

It'll be hard for the guy, but I wish him all the best in achieving his successes.

• Like 2

It's fair to state it'll be a much tougher season for Zach but I believe he's the real deal at this level. That's not to suggest he can't progress beyond it, just that it's yet to be proven one way or the other. I didn't go to every B'ham meeting but saw Zach have some terrific from the front and the back last season. I've not done it but if you made a list of the likely top heat leaders next season Zach would probably be somewhere in the middle. If that comes to fruition then there's nowt wrong with that in just his second season.

• Like 1

I have a feeling that Zac is going to struggle this year mainly on the confidence front, Having to go to PL tracks and being at reserve will help but it does mean he will be racing against BWD even though he is in his own team along with the likes of Newman, Ellis just to mame a few will make it be of a reality check.

To go to places and expect to score well then again to go to the NL and be a number one takes a special kid and we forget he is very young.

But good luck to him he is a nice kid and wish him well.

He'll be fine, regardless of where he started last season he still had his fair share of races against other top line riders and finished on an impressive average. He's going on to the track to race, just as he did last season, there's too much stigma attached to the number on a rider's back IMO.

In the PL he will be fine, there are a fair few number seven riders who are not as good as him and he's got the ability to mix it with the other reserves too I'd say, if not better.