British Speedway Forum
Brummie Kev

Birmingham Brummies 2016

So with Ellis moving upto the Premier League and Adam Kirby taking a year out, who would Brummies fans like to see at Perry Barr next year.

Zach Wajtknecht

Tom Perry

Sam Chapman

Jack Smith

Jack Parkinson Blackburn

Zach has got to be first name on the team sheet for next year, Tom is a Cradley Asset but we dont know what is happening with the Heathens yet. Tom has been a great captain this year and is always box office to watch. I would give Chapman another go as I believe hes a rider that can still improve to become a solid heat leader, hes just been unlucky with injuries this year. Jack Smith has something to offer, he was scoring points regularly towards the end of the season. JPB may well be elsewhere but he has something about him imo and a nice riding style.

It all depends on the points limit as to who the last two riders would be but another heat leader would be needed

Could get greaves at a bargain if he's still 6:06?

Aren't the Brummies promotion unsure at this stage which league they'll be operating in during 2016?

I'm sure they'll be a fair bit of pressure on them to move up to the PL at least.

Alex if you are suggesting that Nathan Greaves is on a 6.06, dream again my friend. He is on a GSA of 7.08 and could be at Cradley if we are at the tapes in 2016. But then what do I know!

Edited by berniev123

Alex if you are suggesting that Nathan Greaves is on a 6.06, dream again my friend. He is on a GSA of 7.08 and could be at Cradley if we are at the tapes in 2016. But then what do I know!

oh right I read that he was 6:06 somewhere else on forum. Anyway doesn't matter to me he won't come to Eastbourne

So with Ellis moving upto the Premier League and Adam Kirby taking a year out, who would Brummies fans like to see at Perry Barr next year.

Zach Wajtknecht

Tom Perry

Sam Chapman

Jack Smith

Jack Parkinson Blackburn

Zach has got to be first name on the team sheet for next year, Tom is a Cradley Asset but we dont know what is happening with the Heathens yet. Tom has been a great captain this year and is always box office to watch. I would give Chapman another go as I believe hes a rider that can still improve to become a solid heat leader, hes just been unlucky with injuries this year. Jack Smith has something to offer, he was scoring points regularly towards the end of the season. JPB may well be elsewhere but he has something about him imo and a nice riding style.

It all depends on the points limit as to who the last two riders would be but another heat leader would be needed

Agree except for Sam nice bloke though he is he doesn't seem to have any fire in his belly considering he gates well most of the time he gets out thought and out battled on the track for me---i'd like to see Ryan Blacklock here tbh

Agree except for Sam nice bloke though he is he doesn't seem to have any fire in his belly considering he gates well most of the time he gets out thought and out battled on the track for me---i'd like to see Ryan Blacklock here tbh

You obviously weren't at the last match at Mildenhall :party:

I think Sam is your archetypal second stringer, he's never going to set the world on fire but he's always good for 5 or 6 points pretty much wherever we ride, doesn't seem to venture too much either side of that, I think he's useful to have from that respect and I'd certainly keep him.

Would agree with those 5, you'd suspect then you're going to need another 3 pointer (barring a huge rise in the points limit) and then the final rider depends on what the limit ends up being, if we're NL.

You obviously weren't at the last match at Mildenhall :party:

One swallow does not a summer make--i'm basing my thoughts on the season as a whole---and i only missed 3 away league matches so i'm entitled to my opinion thanks! :t:

Edited by Brummiestormer

Expect to see Parkinson-Blackburn at Buxton, if the Brummies line up with him and Smith at reserve though then that's probably the best reserve pairing in the league for next season.

Aren't the Brummies promotion unsure at this stage which league they'll be operating in during 2016?

I'm sure they'll be a fair bit of pressure on them to move up to the PL at least.

Graham Drury said in a radio interview last week he would be "very very surprised" if we went PL. Tony Mole more or less said we won't cos of the problems in that league with a few clubs in trouble.

Expect to see Parkinson-Blackburn at Buxton, if the Brummies line up with him and Smith at reserve though then that's probably the best reserve pairing in the league for next season.

I overheard the father of one of our 1-7 say to the father of another one of our 1-7 on the terraces a couple of weeks ago that he'd be coming to Birmingham next season, but it may have been a case of Chinese whispers.

... it may have been a case of Chinese whispers.

Did you hang around long enough to catch the delivery of two portions of King Plawn Cully with Flied Lice and Plawn Clackers, that these two dads had ordered? :t:

Graham Drury said in a radio interview last week he would be "very very surprised" if we went PL. Tony Mole more or less said we won't cos of the problems in that league with a few clubs in trouble.

Thanks for the update.

I have to say I find that a strange reason for Tony Mole to give, especially as all the 2015 teams are now confirmed starters next year. I'm also disappointed as Birmingham, Eastbourne, Kent, Stoke, and Mildenhall all have, in my opinion, a lot to offer the PL.

Look back into the archives and you will find that this time last year Graham Drury was saying how much he was enjoying his retirement and had no plans on returning to speedway. Things change!