Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Brummie Kev

Birmingham Brummies 2016

BIRMINGHAM Speedway are delighted to announce the return of talented teenager Zach Wajtknecht for next season.

And the move means the 17-year-old has completed an amazing rise from reserve to top spot in the Surestop Brummies side within a year.

The signing is sure to be greeted warmly by Perry Barr fans as he joins Tom Perry and exciting reserves Jack Smith and Jack Parkinson-Blackburn.

And he said: "After the way last season went, Birmingham was the only club I really wanted to be with in the National League and I'm over the moon to be back.

"The supporters are brilliant, I love the track and I'm loving the look of the team for next year so far.

"I know there's a lot more expectation on me next season, but I'm determined to prove I've got what it takes to stay at No.1 and be one of the best riders in the league."

Team manager Graham Drury is equally delighted to have 'the little grasshopper' back on board.

"Zach was always another priority when building the team for 2016 and I'm so happy to have him leading from the front next season," said Drury.

"It will be a totally different sort of pressure for the lad next year but I have every confidence that he will have another fantastic season and score plenty of important points for us over the course of the season.

"Zach is one of the most exciting young, British talents we've seen for a while and another successful season could potentially push him on to much bigger and better things in 2017 and beyond.

"The four lads announced so far get on so, so well together and we will hopefully be able to unveil our fifth rider as we head towards next weekend."

I'd expect Wajtnecht to average about the same, Perry could put half a point on to form a very potent threat at the Brummies' top end. With good reserves too they will have a similar style team to the Heathens so out meetings with coming season could be thrillers.

No real surprise that Zach has signed. I expect Sam Chapman to be signed too. What's of real interest is who the remaining two riders will be.

One thing to tantalise though is the #3 race jacket in the press photos. I wonder why it wasn't a #1?

looks like Tom Bacon then as Coventry cant fit him in ...

Bacon , JPB and smith will be the key to this season and should improve there average . when you look at other reserves i cant see a match for these two guys . I would like to see jake knight join as heat leader also but unsure on what hes doing as the young stars have completed without him

Any team who signs Bacon will have a major trump card. JPB is clearly quality and Smith has loads of potential and couldn't have better backing. Blast am I talking up Brum?

If Kings Lynn could sign Hume along with Cupitt that would be a pretty potent reserve pairing also.

lynn have completed with kinsley starting at reserve .i think think lynns order could change alot over the course of the season but still will always have someone useful at reserve

lynn have completed with kinsley starting at reserve .i think think lynns order could change alot over the course of the season but still will always have someone useful at reserve

Whoops forgot about Campos signing. Not many teams will be starting with a 5 pointer at reserve. That said it will put a lot of pressure on their HL's. Something that Cradley & Brum need not worry about.

• Like 1

looks like Tom Bacon then as Coventry cant fit him in ...

Cradley could fit him in? As mentioned above Bacon will be a great signing for the team that secures his services

That said all there riders can improve on there average maybe not campos so much . Where as i think tom and Zach will struggle to improve on there average