British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
whistlegang

Kent 2016

i do think there are some riders about who need to realise that they are not cut out for speedway, no matter how many rides they have.

Very true, but not all riders are in the sport to make money

i do think there are some riders about who need to realise that they are not cut out for speedway, no matter how many rides they have.

I definitely agree. There are some who are slow burners and some who just need assistance and as seen at Kent this year some who just do not have what it takes. My biggest irritation is a rider who just goes through the motions and just doesn't care. Passion and determination go a long way with fans.

• Like 1

Sounds like a reflection on last season Whistlegang. I remember a young Kiwi who came to these shores and failed miserably, then went home to reflect and then came back and became a real class rider who gained every accolade the sport has to give. Now what was his name? Ivan Mauger I believe who sadly is now rather ill back home. Perhaps we should not write them all off and yes I agree that as long as they try get behind them. Some thoughy have met their pinnacle at development league status. Still have to admit that they have more guts than me.

Edited by rebel1
  • Like 1

Kent have signed Shanes no suprise there.... Will he be number one as he says that he's "looking to establish myself as a number 1 in the cgnl next season".

• Like 1

Good news he's back, surprised he hasn't been chosen as a PL 3 pointer yet

Would be a great number 1

Good news he's back, surprised he hasn't been chosen as a PL 3 pointer yet

Would be a great number 1

There's still time...

The one that deserves to be back. Danny and James both hoping to up their points tally and young Jack looking to do the same means four more looking to do the same are required. The unknown is Ben, could he be fitted in? All depends on the new points limit.

Good NL signing is James Shanes, however there is one thing that will stop him developing past being an exciting NL Heat leader, and thats his gating yes its possible to come from the back against NL second strings and maybe one heat leader, but when you have to do it week in week out against PL riders its a darn lot harder, just look at Rob Branford and your own Ben Morley who i consider to both being better riders in the NL at this moment in there careers than James Shanes, they struggle to get points in the PL James would struggle even more, but he is an exciting NL rider of that there is no doubt.

3 point signing of the season so far. Kent Kings welcome my cousin Luke Clifton after 12 years lost to the sport.

• Like 1

If Luke gets back into the groove quickly he will be a bargain on 3 points remember him being quite usefull in his previous short spell in the sport... James shanes will struggle at number 1 without considerable improvement in his gating.,, Danny Ayers however is improving fast and if he is at Kent will soon take over the number one spot and go on to be a really good rider especially now he has a place in one of the strongest sides in the Premier League Glasgow.,,James is a great entertainer, but was not effective against the top riders from last season,,however many of them could be ruled out if the points limit is not raised considerably,which in my opinion it needs to be to keep the more competitive riders in this league..

Edited by waco

Danny ayres is confirmed already Waco. So far 4 Riders with potential to up their averages already.

3 point signing of the season so far. Kent Kings welcome my cousin Luke Clifton after 12 years lost to the sport.

Good luck, can not say i've heard of him.

Have a look on my Facebook there is a video of his first go on a bike in 12 years. Most impressive, with an attractive style.

Can't say the name rings any bells either, but good luck, probably what Kent need after last season

Got to be said though, that should National League sides be allowed to bring in riders in their 30s as reserves at the expense of young riders

Though Kent aren't breaking any rules by doing it, wish him all the best

Interesting signing for the Kings, no doubt Clifton would have had some time in the PL by now if he'd carried on so it depends how 12 years out will have impacted him. Should be able to pick up points just by staying on the bike in a reserve berth and that bit of experience he has could see him end up in a second string role.