British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
whistlegang

Kent 2016

Owen is good at Kent, 2016 is a huge year for his career of he is going to progress in my opinion, he'd be a very good signing for the Kings.

Glad to hear James is concentrating on improving his gating..If he gets that sorted he will be formidable at this level...Whatever happens his style will continue to make him a fans favourite.but to move on to a higher level quick gating is vital....

Maybe he needs some tips from his namesake Mr Sarjeant now there's a lad who can gate and IMO from what I've seen the vast majority are down too good timing.

• Like 1

I don't recall any hand signals from Marc apart from when he waved after him and spiller beat your number 1 :D

Don't want another 3 pointer, and tbf after the hand signals Marc Owen gave kent fans on more then one occasion this year I can't see him being popular with the faithful.

Ritchings would certainly do a job. Think he has peaked somewhat but could certainly hold his own at 3 or 5.

No worse than Danny Ayres in the last meeting of 2015 guesting for Cradley then. or was that his dad? I don't recall anything rude. But Brad and Daniels celebrations were something special there :lol:

Opinions can soon change once a rider is wearing your colours, it's the same in Football!

Definite missed opportunity with Mark Baseby signing for IOW. Owen & Ritchings are both the same in that they have the potential but never seem to kick on each season and remain a steady number 3 level rider. That said maybe a little consistency is what Kent needs but if we are going down that route then id expect Aaron Baseby back.

Opinions can soon change once a rider is wearing your colours, it's the same in Football!

Just to clarify I would be more then happy to see another entertainer like Marc in our side, I know some other fans took exception to him last term.

I have been made aware my post has offended Marc Owen and I have offered my apologies as none was intended.

Think anyone who stands with me will testify I always stay behind to cheer the winning team home or away side and I consider everyone who rides a bike as a hero. Having had every opportunity to race when I was younger being brought up in a speedway family, after dropping the clutch once on a junior grass track bike I suffered serious "valve" issues. So I have respect for anyone who races.

Moving on, last night I started to compile a list of available riders and their starting averages to work out who I would sign. Blimey it's pretty tricky when you take into account all the riders who have taken time out, riders who were unattached last year and riders from the premier looking to step back down. Will have a go again tonight once little Un has gone to bed.

• Like 2

Well I was miles out after mentioning Bacon,M.Baseby,Kingston for the Kings.

I have no idea the riders that are going to the Kings.

What is concerining is that with Clifton`s 3.50 average Kent will have to sign another 3 pointer.

If Kent do get Morley back will this again leave the team with a weak lower part of the team. :nono:

Well I was miles out after mentioning Bacon,M.Baseby,Kingston for the Kings.

I have no idea the riders that are going to the Kings.

What is concerining is that with Clifton`s 3.50 average Kent will have to sign another 3 pointer.

If Kent do get Morley back will this again leave the team with a weak lower part of the team. :nono:

Seeing as all my team wish list appears to be signed elsewhere and im getting a little nervous im going to list a few more I "hope we sign"

Danno Verge, Jamie Cousins, Tom Wooley, Sam Woods, Luke Harris, Harvie Banks, Adam Sheppard, Adam Kirby. :rofl:

Kirby , Woolley and banks not riding this year

Only knew Kirby was taking a break. Thought Wooley was on the tba list and nobody wanted Banks.

• Like 1

sam woods is worth another shot.

3.27 average.

So not possible.

3.27 average.

So not possible.

Why not possible, there is no rule about having to have two 3 pointers in the team, I believe there used to be a rule but that no longer exists.