Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
whistlegang

Kent 2016

When you think about it the management haven't really done much so far. We have resigned 2 assets, confirmed Thomas (who we knew had a place anyway) and signed somebody who has been out of the sport for many years (no offence to be taken, good luck to Luke, I think he will turn out to be a great signing).

I would have a small wager on the last 3 being Bowen, Widman and Woods. I wouldn't be surprised if Mason and Chapman were in the lineup, and wouldn't we just love Owen?!

BYW

Edited by whistlegang
  • Like 1

When you think about it the management haven't really done much so far. We have resigned 2 assets, confirmed Thomas (who we knew had a place anyway) and signed somebody who has been out of the sport for many years (no offence to be taken, good luck to Luke, I think he will turn out to be a great signing).

I would have a small wager on the last 3 being Bowen, Widman and Woods. I wouldn't be surprised if Mason and Chapman were in the lineup, and wouldn't we just love Owen?!

BYW

Bowen or Brandford would be great signings. Widman & Mason lovely but gone nowhere over the past couple of years, Woods or Chapman definitely no thanks.

Agreed no real effort expended by the management so far. Resign last years top riders, sign a lad who dropped in front of Len and had one good meeting on a terrible track and a gamble on a recommended returnee. Not exactly pulling up any trees!

Bowen or Brandford would be great signings. Widman & Mason lovely but gone nowhere over the past couple of years, Woods or Chapman definitely no thanks.

Agreed no real effort expended by the management so far. Resign last years top riders, sign a lad who dropped in front of Len and had one good meeting on a terrible track and a gamble on a recommended returnee. Not exactly pulling up any trees!

Unless they pull a surprise either Kent or Eastbourne are going to be in trouble. They both need a No 1 and the list of likely candidates looks to be down to just Kyle Hughes. If they have completed their sides they should put us out of our misery, never mind the publicity.
  • Like 2

Unless they pull a surprise either Kent or Eastbourne are going to be in trouble. They both need a No 1 and the list of likely candidates looks to be down to just Kyle Hughes. If they have completed their sides they should put us out of our misery, never mind the publicity.

Should be fine. Hughes to Eastbourne, Bowen to Kent. Both clubs have very different approaches to promotion but I wouldn't worry as I feel you are in much safer hands.

Oh and on a side note with Sam Woods left out of the Rye House side it paves the possible return to Kent....whoopee!

Should be fine. Hughes to Eastbourne, Bowen to Kent. Both clubs have very different approaches to promotion but I wouldn't worry as I feel you are in much safer hands.

Oh and on a side note with Sam Woods left out of the Rye House side it paves the possible return to Kent....whoopee!

If Kent go for Bowen/Baseby +3 pointer they will be well below 40 ?

Woods ? Surely not.

If Kent go for Bowen/Baseby +3 pointer they will be well below 40 ?

Woods ? Surely not.

Don't know what Bowen would come in at but 8.35 or less would allow for him and Marc Owen. That would be a good top 4.
  • Like 1

Don't know what Bowen would come in at but 8.35 or less would allow for him and Marc Owen. That would be a good top 4.

It would but I believe Bowen will be 8.52.

If the rumours are true and Danno is coming back that could give Kent one of the worst reserve pairings in the league.

If its Bowen & either Baseby or Mason to round out the top 5 then that would be a very good top end providing they can all team ride / get along. I know the reserve places across several teams this year look soft but I can still see Kent shipping loads of points in those positions.

I agree that it looks like lessons haven't been learnt regarding a strong top 4 but weak bottom 3. However the bottom 3 aren't as weak as last year and I think overall Kent should have a better season as a team, but astute management would've made sure that Clifton started at reserve and a stronger rider than Verge dropped down once he moved up.

• Like 1

I agree that it looks like lessons haven't been learnt regarding a strong top 4 but weak bottom 3. However the bottom 3 aren't as weak as last year and I think overall Kent should have a better season as a team, but astute management would've made sure that Clifton started at reserve and a stronger rider than Verge dropped down once he moved up.

The bottom 3 isn't as weak solely because of Clifton. If he had started at reserve and a stronger rider than Verge signed then Kent would constantly have at least one solid reserve at any time like Birmingham & Kings Lynn will.

As it stands no team has signed two strong reserves so we might get away with it but its definitely a missed opportunity any if any other teams does they will be in a very strong position.

It's important to not get carried away about Clifton I feel, there are no guarantees he will go well. It is likely he will hold his own but he is as much of an unknown quantity as the other new three pointers coming into the league.

It's important to not get carried away about Clifton I feel, there are no guarantees he will go well. It is likely he will hold his own but he is as much of an unknown quantity as the other new three pointers coming into the league.

That's why I feel it's a must to run him at reserve. Takes the pressure off him to settle back in but also will be massive for Jack Thomas to have a strong partner all season.

If Danno is back next term who is to say it's not as number 8.

That's why I feel it's a must to run him at reserve. Takes the pressure off him to settle back in but also will be massive for Jack Thomas to have a strong partner all season.

If Danno is back next term who is to say it's not as number 8.

He said he has 2 meetings in 1 day so unless he was going as the number 8 I would imagine he is in the team. Since I said this on here he has removed the post but It won't have changed what he said.

Bowen and Mason me thinks, sadly forget Baseby as feel he is not going to ride. Would have preferred Owen as better away from home than Mason but average does not fit. Danno in as far as I know but not all signed and sealed as a few permutations to change remain with available riders still on the sidelines, expect a domino effect when Eastbourne get sorted.

Jacobs is being mentioned on Eastbourne link, no reason why he couldn't be in the mix for Kent?