Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
whistlegang

Kent 2016

Interesting to see how people assess riders, that is life. However, promoters and managers have to try and blend rider styles to pairings and at this level an experienced rider as against an older (late starter) rider who will support another rider on track is worth possibly 2-4 points extra per meeting. 5-1's and 4-2's are required to win meetings and someone who can steer a partner home unselfishly is required. I have just finished the John Louis book which takes me back to the days when I marshaled at Eastern Centre events. A worthy read.

You do not see much genuine team riding these days,, The rider in front will occasionally look to help his partner but still wants to retain his position in front,,,Some teams do not even pay bonus points money,,,Also if your looking to make a higher grade it can effect the riders average....At reserve ..it really is dog eat dog as the stronger reserve on the night usually takes the others 4th ride,so though they are in the same team he becomes your main adversary... Should not happen, but it does..

Edited by waco
  • Like 1

You do not see much genuine team riding these days,, The rider in front will occasionally look to help his partner but still wants to retain his position in front,,,Some teams do not even pay bonus points money,,,Also if your looking to make a higher grade it can effect the riders average....At reserve ..it really is dog eat dog as the stronger reserve on the night usually takes the others 4th ride,so though they are in the same team he becomes your main adversary... Should not happen, but it does..

Completely agree especially with the reserves and how the rides are unbalanced so the rider in the number 7 jacket gets an easier night. Often the weaker of the reserves gets stuck at 6 so struggles further whilst the stronger can prosper at 7.

• Like 1

Oh No !! Not Mason and Verge again.

Looks like another wooden spoon for the Kings for 2016 with a three man team again - that is, if Ayres survives all those round trips.

Don't know about that, looks a good team to me, if Clifton repeats his previous form then they have a good top 5!

Could have had greaves for 0.12 more

That would have been a sensational move!

Could have had greaves for 0.12 more

Yes please

Hilarious! There are riders up and down the country chasing a full team place (many far better / more experienced than Locke).

If he has a better offer elsewhere then fair enough if not its a lucky escape for Kent if he/his family have come in with that attitude.

Does mean some other poor soul will get the pointless number 8 jacket now though.

Hilarious! There are riders up and down the country chasing a full team place (many far better / more experienced than Locke).

If he has a better offer elsewhere then fair enough if not its a lucky escape for Kent if he/his family have come in with that attitude.

Does mean some other poor soul will get the pointless number 8 jacket now though.

What I do not understand is surely you are TOLD your roll in the team before you sign a contract ?

There is more to this than is being published.

• Like 1

What I do not understand is surely you are TOLD your roll in the team before you sign a contract ?

There is more to this than is being published.

Possible rookie misunderstanding? Do you want to be part of the Kent squad?

Either way its a good record Rikki Mullins last year, Connor Locke this year..........its a risk that is always run when you sign riders with no proven level of commitment.

I see the admission to Central Park has crept up to £13 for the 2016 season. Does that make Kent the most expensive NL track in the country?

Typical Len Silver, half the reason I don't go to Rye anymore (or rarely) is the price. He doesn't seem to understand that lower costs and more offers might entice more people to go regularly..

• Like 1