British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
whistlegang

Kent 2016

Mark Baseby on 5.33 would be a better bet than his brother on just shy of seven.

Will the Kings go with two three point reserves again after their long tail cost them dearly this year? Thomas is nailed on, of the three main three pointers from this season Couzins is the only one who looks like he will be able to build on a three point average next year.

Shanes, Ayres, Chessell, M.Baseby, Thomas and Couzins would leave just over six points for a final rider.

Mark Baseby on 5.33 would be a better bet than his brother on just shy of seven.

Will the Kings go with two three point reserves again after their long tail cost them dearly this year? Thomas is nailed on, of the three main three pointers from this season Couzins is the only one who looks like he will be able to build on a three point average next year.

Shanes, Ayres, Chessell, M.Baseby, Thomas and Couzins would leave just over six points for a final rider.

Jack Kingston would fit on just under 6. That would definitely a team that would win big or fall trying.........probably the latter!

Jack Kingston would fit on just under 6. That would definitely a team that would win big or fall trying.........probably the latter!

That would be a very good team to watch though!

Edited by Islander15

Jack has not gone forward as would have been expected with Mildenhll. He needs to make a big step forward soon or will be considered an also ran. A good second string rather than making it to becoming a heat leader who could improve on that status.

• Like 1

I would be very happy with that Line Up, add Kingston or Johnson and not many sides would beat that team.

Be a very attractive team to watch too.

Sorry but if we are having 2 x 3.00 at reserve then it has to be Thomas and a new face, the others are not up to it. I would consider giving Verge another chance as he looked much quicker in the County Fours. In fact, if we'd had him in our lineup we would have won, and I don't ever remember saying that before!

Jack has not gone forward as would have been expected with Mildenhll. He needs to make a big step forward soon or will be considered an also ran. A good second string rather than making it to becoming a heat leader who could improve on that status.

I would love to have JK back but i believe that next season is make or break for him. He has taken too many nasty falls to just end up as a decent second string imo.

Sorry but if we are having 2 x 3.00 at reserve then it has to be Thomas and a new face, the others are not up to it. I would consider giving Verge another chance as he looked much quicker in the County Fours. In fact, if we'd had him in our lineup we would have won, and I don't ever remember saying that before!

I would love to have JK back but i believe that next season is make or break for him. He has taken too many nasty falls to just end up as a decent second string imo.

One swallow doesn't make a summer IMO, Couzins spent the majority of the season in the main team because he did better than the other three pointers, he looked a good little rider when he was at reserve, of course being in the main team for the majority of the season is no easy task. Verge has been about quite a while and just doesn't look to have any killer instinct in him, relying on his gating too much.

Kingston seems to have gone stale at Mildenhall, he looked a good prospect when he was a King, would seem beneficial to both parties for him to return if the chance arises.

Should not lose sight of Ben Basford being an asset.Whether he would really want to have all of the travel is another thing. He could be loaned out for a season no doubt if his average does not fit with the new numbers!

Pretty sure Ben Basford will be a reserve next year good rider getting better every meeting

Pretty sure Ben Basford will be a reserve next year good rider getting better every meeting

Ben seemed to tail off a little once he was fully signed however I agree he is worth another go. Not going to give Kent a powerhouse reserve duo but definitely capable of hitting 3/4 each which was better than this years crop!

• Like 1

That bottom end (all three spots) need to be capable of building on their starting average which should not be too much to ask if (whoever they may be) they are serious about racing for a league team. The middle order likewise and then it becomes onwards and upwards. Sadly declared averages then mean it is most unlikely that the same septet would be able to stay together for a second season. As such it is the teams supporters who suffer and many fickle minded people then drift away. Perhaps the points limit should be nearer the 45 mark!

Ben seemed to tail off a little once he was fully signed however I agree he is worth another go. Not going to give Kent a powerhouse reserve duo but definitely capable of hitting 3/4 each which was better than this years crop!

Pretty sure he was carrying a few injuries but wanted to ride and not let the team down

• Like 1

I'd give Basford another go provided his machinery is more reliable, he spent a fair bit of time on the centre green.

Edited by whistlegang

I'd give Basford another go provided his machinery is more reliable, he spent a fair bit of time on the centre green.

Shame as he has two bikes in the pits. Like all situations with machinery there is nothing says when it will fail and maintenance does not come cheap.

Is Daniel Spiller available and if so could he be a King?

Shame as he has two bikes in the pits. Like all situations with machinery there is nothing says when it will fail and maintenance does not come cheap.

Is Daniel Spiller available and if so could he be a King?

Kim Spiller said he liked Kent and Coventry. But I expect we will want him for another season. And after all Len silver was the one moaning about him coming over so if he was to go and use him in his team he would look a bit of a twit.

Edited by Alex2000