Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
whistlegang

Kent 2016

Assuming Ben is going to go premier next season I would find the core of the team easy to build but if Ben wants to stay NL for another season there is a tough choice on which of the top 3 must go.

For me the core will be built around kent assets.

Shanes

Ayres

Thomas

Basford

Possibly Couzins

Although I fully expect we will only use 2 3 pointers next term.

I really like Ben Basford but if he can find a club closer to home whilst he is not scoring/earning massive amounts that has got to be a benefit.

Would be daft not to use the club assets providing they can be accommodated, however, the long tail of this past season must not be repeated unless we we have a 3 pointer we know should be running nearer 5.

That one hell of a trip Glasgow Sunday Kent Monday if that what he's doing.

Are Kent moving to Fridays?

• Like 1

Are Glasgow moving to Fridays?

Either way congratulations to Danny. Lets not forget that 2 seasons ago he didn't even have a NL reserve berth and now he has signed for the PL money men.

• Like 2

Only if/when we go elite league as I understand. That said we can run on either day with a 6.30 start the restriction being one meeting per week. Edited by teaboy279
  • Like 1

Press release on the BSPA website suggests that Ayres is confirmed for the Kings next year.

Press release on the BSPA website suggests that Ayres is confirmed for the Kings next year.

I wouldn't say confirmed until 3rd December when we know everything from AGM

I wouldn't say confirmed until 3rd December when we know everything from AGM

' GLASGOW have named Danny Ayres as their three-point reserve for next season.

Cambridge-based Ayres, who will continue with Kent in the National League, faces a 700-mile round trip to home meetings but was keen to race for the Tigers.

Kent co-promoter Len Silver added: I could not be more pleased. Danny's involvement with forward looking Glasgow can only help him move ahead in his career, and that ultimately means better scoring for the Kings, so it is a win-win situation. '

I'd say it's confirmed.

' GLASGOW have named Danny Ayres as their three-point reserve for next season.

Cambridge-based Ayres, who will continue with Kent in the National League, faces a 700-mile round trip to home meetings but was keen to race for the Tigers.

Kent co-promoter Len Silver added: I could not be more pleased. Danny's involvement with forward looking Glasgow can only help him move ahead in his career, and that ultimately means better scoring for the Kings, so it is a win-win situation. '

I'd say it's confirmed.

He won't put a press release up until the limit is sorted so he doesn't look like Eastbourne last year if it's not what he thinks. Until it's on the KENT webpage it's not a confirmed signing. Brad having a PL spot would improve his scores for Eastbourne doesn't mean he will ride for them! He will be confirmed at the awards night thing I bet. Edited by Alex2000

He won't put a press release up until the limit is sorted so he doesn't look like Eastbourne last year if it's not what he thinks. Until it's on the KENT webpage it's not a confirmed signing. Brad having a PL spot would improve his scores for Eastbourne doesn't mean he will ride for them! He will be confirmed at the awards night thing I bet.

That press release on the BSPA website says that he is back at Kent and there is also a comment on it from Len Silver, how much more confirmed can it be...

That press release on the BSPA website says that he is back at Kent and there is also a comment on it from Len Silver, how much more confirmed can it be...

oh yes I'm a bit thick but why haven't Kent said it officially Edited by Alex2000
  • Like 1

oh yes I'm a bit thick but why haven't Kent said it officially

Len Silver is Kent!