British Speedway Forum
Alex2000

Eastbourne 2016

I think Reade had stopped because he broke an ankle while racing for stoke, so even a better reason for having stopped but could play into the Eagles books as his younger brother will be ready to race during the 2016 season, i guess everyone thought it was going to be the spiller boys but maybe its going to be Reade and Breanan, both with the same mum and English, took a bit of time for me to think of this one.

oh i am good 7.70 i think was his last average :) with a bit of a reduction might get it down to 7.50 and a 3 pointer leaves 6.6, hope someone from the club reads this as i could be onto a winner.

I think Reade had stopped because he broke an ankle while racing for stoke, so even a better reason for having stopped but could play into the Eagles books as his younger brother will be ready to race during the 2016 season, i guess everyone thought it was going to be the spiller boys but maybe its going to be Reade and Breanan, both with the same mum and English, took a bit of time for me to think of this one.

oh i am good 7.70 i think was his last average :) with a bit of a reduction might get it down to 7.50 and a 3 pointer leaves 6.6, hope someone from the club reads this as i could be onto a winner.

According to Connor all 7 are signed up.

Reade retired mid season while he was Plymouth's number 7 I believe, there's absolutely no reason for him to get an average reduction.

Reade retired mid season while he was Plymouth's number 7 I believe, there's absolutely no reason for him to get an average reduction.

Somethings clanging in my brain that makes me think he retired after a drop in form during the first year of the EL fast track?

Same fate that befell Lee Smart who could be in with an outside shout?

According to Connor all 7 are signed up.

if so why don't they just announce them instead of playing silly buggers?

if so why don't they just announce them instead of playing silly buggers?

To keep the fans on their toes, they want to be talked about, we wouldnt be talking about the team as much if all 7 were signed up and they know this, i expect the no.1 to be the last 1 announced maybe as a new year gift.

I don't see why people can't just wait. I think it's obvious the next signing will be announced around Christmas and then the other 2 after the new year

As I have said before, a club which announces the following year's team the minute the stuff is packed away for the previous year are wasting publicity opportunities.

Riders named, one at a time, and spaced out gets headlines and radio coverage.

And people on here ask promoters to promote and then fly off the handle when they do. Makes me smile.

• Like 2

Time to fantasise, Adam Ellis surely needs more than just No 7 at Poole to pay the bills. No 1 at Arlington?

With the riders we have + another 3 point reserve and Adam Ellis leaves 3.96 to play with. So it would work but only with 2 of our old team unless you call Powell or dare I say strudwick one of our old squad. Edited by Al3x200

When I first saw a mention of Ellis at Eastbourne I was relieved as I was certain he wouldn't fit. Now I know its possible im potentially scared. A Top 4 of Ellis, Hopwood, Wood & Knight would be devastating and even with 3 x 3 pointers in the side would be strong contenders.

Im going to cling to the hope Ellis wants to do more continental rides this year and the EL will be enough for him in the UK.

It's unlikely as we need another of our old team and I'm not sure Powell counts

Still think Hughes and Andrews will score more points home and away across the season than Ellis and a 3 pointer,and more Eastbourne like!

Now that would be amazing but wont happen. Could complete side with Ellis, Powell and Hume or Hunter!

Could have had:

Ellis 10.14

Andrews 5.18

Spiller 6.63

Wood 5.9

Knight 6

Powell 3

Phillips 3