British Speedway Forum
Alex2000

Eastbourne 2016

interesting call by the club they must think Tom is worth that sort of engine, i did see he had a team suit last year also, well fingers crossed he might make the team this year as his birthday is half way through the year i think.

well still need to see the boys on the track interested in the new guys,

Fans forum is not going to happen at the moment? but i guess when the first practice session is on will be when they have it as that would make sense, as long as i am told when it is i am going to put my name forward to help this year, would be nice to get to know the club a bit more.

Edited by catinthehat

I been told that Rye House have changed the shape of the track removed all the banking and made it flatter? is that for stock car racing or to make the just like Kent, all there home advantage has now gone, seems a bit silly to me.

But i guess the Eastbourne boys will get to grips with it pretty soon.

If that is true then its barmy! The banking is one of the strong points of the Rye track and something that most venues are trying to add rather than remove!

If its true then I probably wont be making as many trips to Rye House this year which is a shame as the NL for a tenner seems good value, tried Mildenhall several times last year but the journey got a bit gutty and the dominance of Eastbourne failed to provide the spectacle in most matches so not sure where to watch this year?

But the first turn at Hoddesdon is rubish imo, banked on the inside then flattens off meaning only the inside half is useable.

2 changes I would make would be to bank all the way to the fence, and put more shale on. Those two things alone in my opinion would transform the place.

• Like 1

But the first turn at Hoddesdon is rubish imo, banked on the inside then flattens off meaning only the inside half is useable.

2 changes I would make would be to bank all the way to the fence, and put more shale on. Those two things alone in my opinion would transform the place.

The first bend reverse camber is nowhere near as bad it was before the air fence, but if you've made it that far then you might as well give up anyway.

Niall could not catch me if he was trying his best, the smoke from my fag and the wind in my face i would ride away into the distance to the finishing line. cant wait to see what happens in practice, now Niall is not an Eastbourne rider does that mean he wont be allowed to practice, as i am sure that the Eastbourne boys alone will be the only riders on the track this year up until the season starts.

Does any one know when there might be practice at Eastbourne or where i might find out when they might have one coming up soon.

is that right Niall is a post man? i though he worked for UPS, thats why he had been away to the USA and taking in some parcel training and lucky enough to have a practice in the USA USA USA USA.

Iv had an idea for this charity boxing event, 3rd fight - catinthehat v niall ? ;)

• Like 1

The first bend reverse camber is nowhere near as bad it was before the air fence, but if you've made it that far then you might as well give up anyway.

The adverse camber meant that half of the track was unusable - what is the use of that? They need a track where the skilful and brave can go round the ouside by the fence to overtake.

Another Sunday, another wet day in Sussex. Will this rain every stop? Arlington must be soaked. A pre-season skid loooks a long way away as it stands.

Hoping the weather dries up soon.

I hope so otherwise the riders may not have the home track knowledge like last years team

Nice and dry in Pratts Bottom this morning now onto Sittingbourne, maybe we can see a practice in the next few weeks?

Edited by catinthehat