British Speedway Forum
Alex2000

Eastbourne 2016

Ellis Perks is after a team place after IOW dropped him.Could do a lot worse than sign him..

Tis what I thought to.....

Have to say massive well done to Jake Knight tonight absolutely flying this evening could be the best signing (which is saying a lot and not saying much at the same time). I'll give hopwood the benefit of the doubt after blowing his good engine at practise the other day but hope to see him bounce back real quick. Absolutely gutted for Hughes as I'm sure he was going through the card at home. Andrews unconfirmed but if correct massive shame also really won't help the lads if he's out.

Now the reserves need some work really. There were brief moments at Kent where they looked ok at best before totally cocking up or being passed and I hope if we don't see change mr Dugard sticks to his word.

I can see replacement for Hughes being Jacobs or perks and do they keep Andrews in as r/r or dump him off to? Could Owen be coming back earlier than he expected after all we could be looking at a re structure!

We will let you have this one Kent but we will be back ;)

• Like 1

Right, been thinking what to say really, been to both meetings today and am not convinced this is a title winning team. The 1 to 5 arent that bad they are going to take time to gel, its such bad luck that we have lost our no.1 and captain to horrific injuries but i have no doubt connor is already sorting the problems. The real problem is the reserves they signed powell expecting another georgie but he quite clearly is nowhere near that doesnt look comfortable at all. As for phillips at kent tonight he was oversliding the bike almost everytime that bad that he sliding sideways on the straight.

As for replacements im not sure what 3.00s there are out there. As for hughes/andrews they could go more solid or go for aroumd what they have now theres a few they could sign as a big no.1 Stefan Nielsen, Steve Boxall, Paul Hurry, from what i understand jacobs doesnt want to do NL so rule him out. Perks never looked any good at arlington last year so wouldnt sign him i dont think. Maybe marc will come back, kelsey would of been ideal replacement for andrews had he not signed for IOW today. Definately big problems atm for the ITfirst Eagles.

As for monday best we can hope for is a rain off, try get some new riders on board.

Well what can I say, Eastbourne we pants today, home meeting was OK a little bit of bad luck but could have a lot of bad luck but there you go. Hughes crash was similar to Dugards last year where he went through the fence but Hughes flipped it over.

But Eastbourne was out paced by a better side. After a great year last year this start has been a thump in the ribs. Let's se if the management have the backbone to flip the team around and give us another fresh start. Out some big names as they are not big enough for me.

Hurry is getting on a bit isn't he? Nielsen sounds good to me or Boxall.

Much as i loathe Eastbourne sorry to hear of Kyle Hughes and Richard Andrews injuries i've always liked Hughes and his riding style; speedy recovery to both riders.

• Like 1

Hurry is getting on a bit isn't he? Nielsen sounds good to me or Boxall.

But if hurry ended up coming in on something like 6 anyone be stupid to turn him down surely.

Hopefully and most likely a rain off on Monday to give Connor time to shuffle the back. Luckily the season is marathon not a sprint!

All the best to the injured Eagles, be a shame if Hughes is out for any period of time, was kicking on again last season at Rye, was expecting big things from him this year.

• Like 2

Anyone got an up day on team for Mondy. Seems very quite since Friday.

Connor said on Twitter he's been scratching his head since heat 11 Friday so either that or the paper work hasn't gone through

Connor said on Twitter he's been scratching his head since heat 11 Friday so either that or the paper work hasn't gone through

Maybe he's caught nits.

• Like 1

Maybe he's caught nits.

hadn't thought of that lol.

He says he's spoken to 6 potential number 1s but no joy yet!