British Speedway Forum
Alex2000

Eastbourne 2016

Re all the comments on Facebook- yes it's harsh only after a week of the season but we cannot keep a team that is without a number 1, I think it would do hopwood no good if we kept him and put him at number 1 as it would lower his confidence being beaten by lots of strong number 1s.

I'm sure there is little if hard feelings between him and connor as he hasn't told him to "piss off" and Ben knows to well that this is part of the game of speedway and those commenting now saying it's awful will be the first to moan when we don't make the playoffs.

Has to be Boxall. The changes leave the Eagles stronger than they were going into their first meeting tbh.

Your right Boxhall also he is quite local as well, must be someone else then as i am not sure if boxhall is still racing or not.

Your right Boxhall also he is quite local as well, must be someone else then as i am not sure if boxhall is still racing or not.

Boxall, not Boxhall, will save you plenty of ink in your programme across the season ;)

• Like 1

Oh Boxall :t:, thanks for that but would he still be up for having a skid?

Oh Boxall :t:, thanks for that but would he still be up for having a skid?

Well he had a spot at Belle Vue Aces until about a month ago! So I assumed he wanted to ride this season.

Seems he rode in the spring classic at Plymouth in March and did okay.

http://www.plymouthdevils.co/match-reports.html

Line Up
1. Steve Boxall (Unattached) - 3, 3, 0, 2 = 8
2. Todd Kurtz (Plymouth) - 2, 2, 2, 3 = 9
3. Ulrich Ostergaard (Peterborough) - 1, 3, 2, 3 = 9
4. Matt Bates (Unattached) - 0, 0, 0, 0 = 0
5. Mikkel Bech (Wolves) - 3, 2, 3, FX = 8
6. Ashley Morris (Cradley Heath) - 2, 3, 1, 2 = 8
7. Jack Holder (Plymouth) - 1, 0, 3, 3 = 7
8. Ellis Perks (Plymouth/Isle Of Wight) - F, 1, 1, 0 = 2
9. Ben Barker (Glasgow) - 2, 1, 3, 2 = 8
10. Danny Ayres (Glasgow) - X, 0, FX, 1 = 1
11. Sam Simota (Plymouth) - 3, 2, 2, 1 = 8
12. Charlie Gjedde (Plymouth) - 1, 1, 1, 1 = 4
R1. Tyler Govier (Isle Of Wight) - DNR

Edited by stevec

Can Joe Jacobs fit in??...I was right about Perks.

could do but he's a bit low and would leave is under point limit

Steve was meant to be at Belle Vue, but they let him down with what they originally offered him.

TBH, Eastbourne with Boxall at their number 1 would have a number 1 who is as fast as anyone, especially at NL level.

He is one of the most exciting riders and I don't think you will find a rider who doesn't want to win as much as he does.

Personally I hope it's him.

Just read Facebook comments but don't own Facebook and have seen the comments by Paul wood, I hope you read this forum.

I agree with you saying it's harsh on Hopwood but to say this league is for bringing on new talent and dumping hopwood for perks is wrong I totally disagree with. Perks has a lot more to come than hopwood and is more likely to develop than hopwood. To say we have no young talent in our team is also wrong, Georgie wood and now Ellis perks shows we have some up and comings and we are working hard with Phillips and Powell.

At the end of the day you are right this league is for developing young riders and the team change has made our team better at doing that by introducing a young upcoming rider in his second full season. And it wouldn't be called a league of you weren't here to win it!

• Like 2

Just read Facebook comments but don't own Facebook and have seen the comments by Paul wood, I hope you read this forum.

I agree with you saying it's harsh on Hopwood but to say this league is for bringing on new talent and dumping hopwood for perks is wrong I totally disagree with. Perks has a lot more to come than hopwood and is more likely to develop than hopwood. To say we have no young talent in our team is also wrong, Georgie wood and now Ellis perks shows we have some up and comings and we are working hard with Phillips and Powell.

At the end of the day you are right this league is for developing young riders and the team change has made our team better at doing that by introducing a young upcoming rider in his second full season. And it wouldn't be called a league of you weren't here to win it!

Upcoming talent Hopwood who made his third tier debut in about 2006...

At the fans forum, Martin said that they were out to win it and wouldn't leave any stone unturned to achieve it. Big thanx to Ben though, all that poxy travelling and then to be let go. So who could it be. Joe Jacobs, Aces, Witches and Eagles, don't think so. James Sarjeant, Josh Bates, Lewis Rose, Lewis Kerr, Carl Wilkinson, Tom Perry, Nathan Greaves. Not sure out of that who is elegable. Steve Boxall seems to have gained some negative reports of not caring and turning up with poor machinery, then he was in to Boxing, not certain if he is the right bloke. How many points have we to play with and what happens when Kyle comes back. The book of National League regulations is a lovely read, not.

Upcoming talent Hopwood who made his third tier debut in about 2006...

Bang on what I mean!

At the fans forum, Martin said that they were out to win it and wouldn't leave any stone unturned to achieve it. Big thanx to Ben though, all that poxy travelling and then to be let go. So who could it be. Joe Jacobs, Aces, Witches and Eagles, don't think so. James Sarjeant, Josh Bates, Lewis Rose, Lewis Kerr, Carl Wilkinson, Tom Perry, Nathan Greaves. Not sure out of that who is elegable. Steve Boxall seems to have gained some negative reports of not caring and turning up with poor machinery, then he was in to Boxing, not certain if he is the right bloke. How many points have we to play with and what happens when Kyle comes back. The book of National League regulations is a lovely read, not.

Tom Perry and Nathan Greaves have NL spots. I'd say Jacobs too low. We thought knight would have bad machinery and if that is the problem with Boxall Eagles will give him the stuff. I thought Nielsen maybe or what about Ashley Birks?

Jacobs and Boxall are the only ones who are eligible and their average fits. Sarjeant, Bates, Wilkinson & Kerr all have PL averages too high to double-up, Rose has an NL average over 10 and too high and Perry & Greaves already have NL teams. You have 9.78 left.