British Speedway Forum
Alex2000

Eastbourne 2016

'Shameful?? In what sense? He can't ride more than a couple of matches this season otherwise we can't start him at reserve next season. Good management in my book. Well done Connor and Martin.

Looks as if they have played a good card with Tom, why destroy the kid before he has started, He can do 3 league matches then the 4th match would count on his average which could be quite high if he had a good run, but there is nothing to stop him doing KO Cup matches, Play offs if they make it along with any challange match as long as it does not say league on it. surprised they changed this weeks match with Kings Lynn to KO Cup as a few weeks later Tom could had done it?

Looks as if they have played a good card with Tom, why destroy the kid before he has started, He can do 3 league matches then the 4th match would count on his average which could be quite high if he had a good run, but there is nothing to stop him doing KO Cup matches, Play offs if they make it along with any challange match as long as it does not say league on it. surprised they changed this weeks match with Kings Lynn to KO Cup as a few weeks later Tom could had done it?

they are more likely to do better the second time around so the KO is more important the lose

But in the League they cant use Brennan unless they are going to keep him for the season? nice to see that Luke Harris is not shouting about it and that he is going to enjoy the 2 meetings maybe he will come and watch and cheer the boys on.

What I mean is Kings Lynn are more likely to lose on their first visit as they need to dial into the track

Eastbourne have switched the two dates round because they know the cup tie needs to get done. Rather than be selfish and just wait for Brennan, so they should be applauded tbf.

• Like 2

Eastbourne have switched the two dates round because they know the cup tie needs to get done. Rather than be selfish and just wait for Brennan, so they should be applauded tbf.

Agree, although would think we would beat KL at home by quite a margin in the league or KO cup to get the points or progression to the next round with the team we have at the moment anyway even if Tom doesn't participate in either match, saving him for the tougher matches.

Lets not get carried away. Tom is a wonderful prospect and a delightful lad, He always has a beaming smile when you talk to him but JPB and Jack Smith are a tough ask in your first League race. I can understand why Martin wants to see him against the best rather than some of the reserves we have seen this year.

What we don't know is Tom's times but I an sure Martin does. Tom always looks fast and smooth but is he near 59.0 or 63.0?

Either way it will be great experience for him but we must not expect to much. Lets hope there are no more injuries because this looks like being a really good match, particularly with Adam back and hopefully Tom Perry will be back because he goes well round Arlington.

I agree with you hunters but i also think that on his Birthday make a story that will draw a few more people, I think Harris will not get many points so i guess Tom will not get many either so nothing lost and nothing gained but a new young local lad back on the track as it was in the late 80s with Dugard, Tagg, Norris, Swain, Pitts, Masters, Grayling, Bruton, just to name a few.

I think Tom will do ok and if not then they can look and see if he is going to get an average, say he does 3 meetings and his average is way under 3 points they might think about running some more meetings. Maybe, Might, is upto the management and team.

Good Luck to Tom and his future as a speedway rider.

Ive only seen him pre meetings on his own and hes at least 2 seconds faster than either of the 2 reserves.

Replicating that in a 4 man race however is a different kettle of fish

Ive only seen him pre meetings on his own and hes at least 2 seconds faster than either of the 2 reserves.

Replicating that in a 4 man race however is a different kettle of fish

not if he gets round the first bend infront ;)

He is like a ticking time BOMB waiting to show us what he has got, i hope he is able to win a race and show that he can hold himself one good start is all the kid needs as we know he is fast, he just has to be fast in the right places. :rofl:

Looking forward to his first meeting, i heard that Brad was going to be on the spanners for his first meeting?

I think he will score decently. Just the occasion that may get to him. He was recording PL times at Glasgow

I feel for the lad tbf, all this hype and expectation and the kid ain't even had a race yet.

• Like 1

Yes we all know making starts are important. But to be honest nothing more exciting than watching Tom come from the back. A real racer never gives up & quite fearless for a little fella

what a confidence builder going into next week against the heathens and brummies. surely through to the next round even remembering the big defeat at lynn last season. well done on a real team performance.