British Speedway Forum
Alex2000

Eastbourne 2016

Couple of things from todays meeting : the extraordinary events in heat 14 when Dale Entwhistle failed to put the warning lights on quick enough and both Tom Stokes and Ellis Perks approached a prostrate Shane Hazelden lying on the track at almost full speed. It was remarkable that no-one was injured and Entwhistle should be censured for it.

Secondly, on a hot and windy day I thought the track staff did an excellent job. True, there was a blue line and dust but it was nowhere near as bad as I had expected.

Big win for Eastbourne against a poor Young Stars side.

Big disappointment to see them throw the towel in, putting Kinsley, who never looked like scoring a point all afternoon, in heat 15. Would have thought Greaves or Stokes would have at least tried to get something to keep the arrears down for the second leg.

By coincidence the programme records how many years ago in a similar fixture the Stars suffered a 36 point first leg loss but overturned it at Saddlebow road and went on to win the replay.

Good result by the boys well done i am sure it will be enough fingers crossed, cant wait to see the meeting against Birmingham its going to be a tough. But i cant wait.

Couple of things from todays meeting : the extraordinary events in heat 14 when Dale Entwhistle failed to put the warning lights on quick enough and both Tom Stokes and Ellis Perks approached a prostrate Shane Hazelden lying on the track at almost full speed. It was remarkable that no-one was injured and Entwhistle should be censured for it.

Secondly, on a hot and windy day I thought the track staff did an excellent job. True, there was a blue line and dust but it was nowhere near as bad as I had expected.

Big win for Eastbourne against a poor Young Stars side.

Too much of this happening this season. Not sure if the refs have been told to keep races running but its going to end in a biggie somewhere. Probably seen a dozen occasions where a rider is down and clearly not going / able to get up and yet the race runs on until it gets too close for comfort.

It might not be popular but i would much rather races stopped as a precaution than watch someone injured by letting it continue.

Looks like Tom could be in longer if they decide to keep in him and run him till charlie is fit, I cant wait for the Weekend really looking forward to it, Charlie collarbone looks a big mess on the ITFIRST Twitter page.

Hope the weather is good for the weekend.

Kind of hope weather is bad so it gives us time to get sorted and maybe have perks available

From july 1 perks av is only 5.88 as well , a drop of nearly 2 points, completely stuffed for a guest as well

Blimey is perks unavailable too? Everything falling rite for brum

I believe he is in Berwick. i mean hes doing nothing in the PL and NL would benefit him more... wonder how much groveling it would take.

Just heard that Zac is not gonig to be there but i have looked on the Sommerset speedway page and seems they dont have a meeting on the Saturday so no reason he cant be there unless he is abroad racing but again not sure if what i heard was true.

I believe he is in Berwick. i mean hes doing nothing in the PL and NL would benefit him more... wonder how much groveling it would take.

Think they have got a rule out now to stop that happening as they did with Dan Bewley and Belle Vue and Edinburgh. so if he has a PL place it will always come first over NL no matter what happens unless its rained off up North

• Like 1

Think they have got a rule out now to stop that happening as they did with Dan Bewley and Belle Vue and Edinburgh. so if he has a PL place it will always come first over NL no matter what happens unless its rained off up North

That rule has always been there tbf. Just BV & Edinburgh ignored it.

if that's true not having Zac could be a tactical move although they will probably win anyway if our team is still depleted

Zac is away with James Shanes on the european grass track meeting this weekend, but i am sure there will be a good guest around for him somewhere.?

Halsey is in for Zach so i guess thats an little bit of advantage for us.