Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Alex2000

Eastbourne 2016

Three meetings in three days face the Eastbourne IT First Eagles this weekend.

On Friday (September 21) they head to the Sittingbourne track of the Kent Kings for a four-team tournament.

On Saturday (September 22) they host the King’s Lynn Young Stars before heading to the Peak District the following day to take on Buxton.

This flurry of action comes ahead of a trip to Cradley’s Monmore Green track on Tuesday, September 27, for the first leg of the KO Cup semi-final before heading back to Kent on September 30 for the first leg of the semi-finals league plays offs.

Team manager Connor Dugard said: “It is really good that the boys are busy now we are coming to the semi-finals of the KO Cup and the play offs.

“We are on a roll and this will help keep it going. We don't want them going ‘cold’ at a crucial point in the season.”

Eastbourne are the defending Kent County Fours champions and will look to successfully defend that title on Friday.

“Of course, we want to win,” said Dugard. Winning is a good habit to have and we want to establish the upper-hand over Kent before the play off semi-final the following week,” he commented.

Team: Kelsey Dugard, Tom Brennan, Ellis Perks, Georgie Wood.

Dugard said the Young Stars had threatened at one stage to break into the play offs race but had come up short.

“They are a young team from a club where the emphasis is on bringing on riders to potentially step up to the Stars Elite League team.
“They have some good racers in their National League outfit and it will be a tough challenge for us, just at a time when we need some hard racing,” he said.

Eastbourne welcome back Adam Ellis at No 1 after missing last week's meeting while competing in meetings in the Czech Republic.

The racing starts at 7.30pm on Saturday at Arlington.

A challenge junior match between Reading and Weymouth will follow the National League and WILL NOT be held before, as had been advertised earlier in the month.

September 23: Kent County Fours – away
September 24: King’s Lynn (NL) – home
September 25: Buxton (NL) – away
September 27: Cradley (KOC s/f 1) – away
September 30: Kent (NL PO s/f 1) - away
October 7: Kent (NL PO s/f 2) – home
October 12: King’s Lynn (NL) – away
October 15: Cradley (KOC s/f 2) - home

Edited by David J Cox

Seeing the proposed fixture list, if as I hope we get to the playoff and koc finals only leaves 2 weeks of the season left, with Friday 21st taken up by the end of season do (always seems a strange time to have it! ) and Saturday 29th the stock car finale at Arlington looks to be leaving it tight again this year, and that's not allowing for a change for the worse in the weather, only need to have the semi finals run into trouble and it will be difficult! Really need to get the season started earlier, more meetings in the summer and the finals in September.

Edited by gazzac

Not having a home meeting next weekend could really backfire on the eagles if the weather takes a turn for the worse.

Not having a home meeting next weekend could really backfire on the eagles if the weather takes a turn for the worse.

It seems like we make the same comment every year about multiple clubs!

well what a turn up for the books i had a month on shift work were i could not make the weekends and bingo i was able to go to kent on friday and hope to get to Eastbourne this week,

the result at Kent was a blinding result seeing that we had not been close to them all year and to flip them over on there own turf was great.

Good rides from Perks a revolution this year for the Eagles, along with the likes of Adam and George, Knight looked to be away in La La Land but he saved us there last time we went so thats fair enough.

cant wait for friday night under lights at the arlington bowl. night speedway is the way to go what about sundays at night?

well what a turn up for the books i had a month on shift work were i could not make the weekends and bingo i was able to go to kent on friday and hope to get to Eastbourne this week,

the result at Kent was a blinding result seeing that we had not been close to them all year and to flip them over on there own turf was great.

Good rides from Perks a revolution this year for the Eagles, along with the likes of Adam and George, Knight looked to be away in La La Land but he saved us there last time we went so thats fair enough.

cant wait for friday night under lights at the arlington bowl. night speedway is the way to go what about sundays at night?

don't you dare suggest that mrs cb , i'd never get to see them :cry:

Sundays at night? No thanks. Saturday night is speedway night

Oh well it suited me as kids have football in the mornings and always a rush to get to the speedway, friday nights are a no go as to traveling for fans unless they are local, other clubs do it, Mondays is speedway on Tv so thats a no go, Wednesday is car racing at Arlington, so then its Tursday friday is Kent or Lakeside? so really its saturday night then. :rofl:

mmmm ok i have to ask to change the shift then for next season.

Oh well it suited me as kids have football in the mornings and always a rush to get to the speedway, friday nights are a no go as to traveling for fans unless they are local, other clubs do it, Mondays is speedway on Tv so thats a no go, Wednesday is car racing at Arlington, so then its Tursday friday is Kent or Lakeside? so really its saturday night then. :rofl:

mmmm ok i have to ask to change the shift then for next season.

i've got a better idea why don't you win the lottery and tell them where to put their shifts :t: or have a word with the IT1st people and get the kids in at brighton.

Hoping the Eagles make it through the Play-offs ...

Working in London + finishing work at 17.30 ; not a hope in hell of making it home to Surrey and then drive to the meeting. So no Play-Off SF for me the kids + missus will have to go alone.

Working in London + finishing work at 17.30 ; not a hope in hell of making it home to Surrey and then drive to the meeting. So no Play-Off SF for me the kids + missus will have to go alone.

Cant you drive straight to the track?

jump on the train to polegate from victoria. Takes about 75 mins.

jump on the train to polegate from victoria. Takes about 75 mins.

Theres an offer on the train and go home with the wife all winners or even get the wife to pick you up from Polegate station, even better ask if anyone else can pick you up from the station.