Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Alex2000

Eastbourne 2016

Here's a revolutionary thought. If you want to get your fixtures in don't take a whole month (August) off.

Too right but i just looked at the fixture list and nothing in August apart from stock car racing on 2 saturday nights and 2 GPs on the other ones and i assume they can use the stadium on sunday and did the sunday away fixtures. But a crazy world. Stockcars rule and own Arlington as they bring in more money then speedway i have been there for a stockcar meeting and you cant move for people. Hey ho in the playoffs does anyone have the dates for them?

Interesting meeting this Saturday. Again another ex eagle will return with Richard Andrews last week Ben Hopwood. Will be interesting to see how his form is as he has been struggling for the hammers in the last month.

I like Richard he always had time for me and the kids. Another good meeting on the cards

Hope the weather stays good, I'm coming 1,000kms to see this !

• Like 1

blimey i thought we were making an effort but we're only travelling 330 kms. there is rain forecast in the next few days but so far not on saturday until after the meeting. have a good safe journey and give adam our best wishes.

Can you resist the temptation to stay for two weeks? Four nail biting matches against the Brum going to the wire, has to be mouth watering.

On current form the Eagles might just be able to nick it against the odds.

Can you resist the temptation to stay for two weeks? Four nail biting matches against the Brum going to the wire, has to be mouth watering.

On current form the Eagles might just be able to nick it against the odds.

i'm all for positive thinking but i don't think cradley are beaten yet, and we have to get all six riders fit and well through the meaningless meeting at kings lynn tonight aswell so i for one am just crossing my fingers , for now.

I cant see Cradley being a problem.

Birmingham will be really tough through and we will need our top four on fire to make up for their reserves.

I would like to see someone in at number 2 rather than going with R/R and name Tom at number 8 (assuming Luke is riding).

I cant see Cradley being a problem.

Birmingham will be really tough through and we will need our top four on fire to make up for their reserves.

I would like to see someone in at number 2 rather than going with R/R and name Tom at number 8 (assuming Luke is riding).

The problem with the current rules is a number 8 can only take the RR rides. So as you said it would require both Luke & Charley at reserve with Tom @ 8 to avoid a dragged out meeting.

It's going to rain Saturday!

why if sat 22nd is in the fixtures as being reserved have they gone with 6.30 on sun 23rd for the first leg against the brummies , burkin frilliant !!!!!!

It's going to rain Saturday!

alex the forecast on the bbc website is better for saturday , yesterday it said rain after 10.00 pm but now says no rain.

I suppose it could be a reserve date if the Cradley match is rained off this Saturday although that looks unlikely at the moment, more likely the 'end of season do' is on Friday and didn't want to race the next day.

I suppose it could be a reserve date if the Cradley match is rained off this Saturday although that looks unlikely at the moment, more likely the 'end of season do' is on Friday and didn't want to race the next day.

i suppose that makes sense. i didn't connect the 2 as i don't attend the bash, just very disappointing as it looked like i'd get to see one final on 22nd as it was reserved, just didn't know it was reserved for hang-overs. roll on april for me then. good luck everyone.

• Like 1

Can never understand how you can have an end of season do and awards presented before the end of the season, but must be a reason for it somewhere!

Can never understand how you can have an end of season do and awards presented before the end of the season, but must be a reason for it somewhere!

It is actually in the rules and regulations that they are not held in season.