British Speedway Forum
Alex2000

Eastbourne 2016

It is actually in the rules and regulations that they are not held in season.

As you know that only applies to some clubs in speedway,just like the rest of the rule book !!

Maybe it the regular season they cant hold them in. I would imagine there is a date set at the beginning of the year.

Season usually officially closes last couple of days of the october.

Edited by teaboy279

Season usually officially closes last couple of days of the october.

The official end of the speedway season is 31st October - that doesn't change from year to year although the official start date of the season may vary.

I suppose it could be a reserve date if the Cradley match is rained off this Saturday although that looks unlikely at the moment, more likely the 'end of season do' is on Friday and didn't want to race the next day.

No because yourselves or Cradley are due at Perry Barr next wednesday for the final of the KOC.

I sometimes find they are more interested in the party than the racing... no need for the glitz IMO. Pretty sure last season rider of the year was out before BDJ was dropped. If only they upsold the actual meetings as much as they do the party (that they might not be able to get to tipsy at anyway) Don't get me wrong there's alot of effort put in to get meetings on every week so that we can watch speedway, Just this part of the season should be all about those Playoffs and KO cup finals with the party following after that!

Edited by Al3x200
  • Like 3

Any news on the Arlington date for the KO Cup Final? What options are open for it?

Any news on the Arlington date for the KO Cup Final? What options are open for it?

Clue is in the reserved dates on the club website

No because yourselves or Cradley are due at Perry Barr next wednesday for the final of the KOC.

Only if the semi final is completed one assumes!

It is actually in the rules and regulations that they are not held in season.

Is it, which regulation ?

• Like 1

Is it, which regulation ?

I just had a look at the rule book online and i can see in the index "NO PARTY" i cant see it anywhere saying you cant have a social life during the season the biggest one i look forward too with a lot of the riders is Cardiff. Wonder if Jayne can give me the rule number for it saying not party during the season or awards before end of October?

I have a question- What happens if the KOC S/F VS Cradley get postponed on Saturday? As Birmingham are due to host the winners on Wednesday in the first leg of the KOC Final. Would the meeting get re-arranged for the next day? Would this mean no Eastbourne or Cradley representatives at King's Lynn for the pairs. Three questions in one, let's hope in doesn't rain Saturday.

It's going to rain Saturday!

met office backs you up now alex , hopefully it'll change again by tomorrow.

that could come back to bite the eagles, tom bacon outscored ben hopwood in the lge encounter , i wonder what he'll score with a practice a week before.

Edited by gee jay

met office backs you up now alex , hopefully it'll change again by tomorrow.

that could come back to bite the eagles, tom bacon outscored ben hopwood in the lge encounter , i wonder what he'll score with a practice a week before.

It does I just checked, although it doesn't look like it will last too long!

Shame Ben hopwoods season has finished in the same way it started... now he's only suspended will he be at Eastbourne tomorrow

can't see it myself, with all the travelling the riders do in a season , i think he might find something else to do as that's one hell of a trip from the manchester area when he's not riding and with a dodgy forecast. might still make the trip myself if i'm not too tired , the forecast improves and i've stopped sulking over missing the finals. hope it's a good day for everyone at arlington either way.