British Speedway Forum
Alex2000

Eastbourne 2016

I just had a look at the rule book online and i can see in the index "NO PARTY" i cant see it anywhere saying you cant have a social life during the season the biggest one i look forward too with a lot of the riders is Cardiff. Wonder if Jayne can give me the rule number for it saying not party during the season or awards before end of October?

Its in the rules and regulations book(formerly known as the promoters guide) which is issued to all promoters. Despite its title it is not the same as the speedway regulations (commonly known as the rule book) which is available to download via the SCB website.

• Like 1

Its in the rules and regulations book(formerly known as the promoters guide) which is issued to all promoters. Despite its title it is not the same as the speedway regulations (commonly known as the rule book) which is available to download via the SCB website.

So a rule that we can't check and one that's in a promoters guide that does not apply any more. Mmmmm think some ones making a rule up to suit.

So what happened when Somerset had the mid season ball? Is that not allowed. As that's the same as end of season awards. And Cardiff and Nigel and kelvin fans zone. Mmmm let me think smells like a little porky pie to me.

Edited by mrscambelt

So a rule that we can't check and one that's in a promoters guide that does not apply any more. Mmmmm think some ones making a rule up to suit.

So what happened when Somerset had the mid season ball? Is that not allowed. As that's the same as end of season awards. And Cardiff and Nigel and kelvin fans zone. Mmmm let me think smells like a little porky pie to me.

Dunno why you are fighting against common sense? If there isn't a ruling on this then there should be one created. Say today is rained off and the only date both teams are available is the 22nd not only does it mean double spend out for fans on one weekend but also the riders can't enjoy any more than a half pint of shandy and the promotion will have to spend the time running up to the party at the track...an end of season party is to celebrate what you have achieved this season not to celebrate what you might achieve. Edited by Al3x200
  • Like 1

Anyone know what's happening regarding the Spiller brothers? And will they return to Eastbourne next year?

Anyone know what's happening regarding the Spiller brothers? And will they return to Eastbourne next year?

No they won't Daniel has just started lectures at uni... Ethan will be doing his exams soon I doubt if they ever come over again it will be until 2018 at least Edited by Al3x200

No they won't Daniel has just started lectures at uni... Ethan will be doing his exams soon I doubt if they ever come over again it will be until 2018 at least

That's my thoughts of a team for next year wrong already then!

Edited by gazzac

Become a promoter then you can check or alternatively ask one of your promoters to show you. I'm not in the habit of making things up and have far better things to do with my time and I didn't say the promoters guide didn't apply, I said that it had changed its name.

This meeting now should be off, shambles even trying to get the meeting on.

was a decent meeting in the circumstances.

This meeting now should be off, shambles even trying to get the meeting on.

Events proved you totally wrong.

full respect to max clegg tonight , no bitching about the weather , track or if the meeting should have been run at all , just beaten by a better team on the night. no wonder he's so well thought of.

Had to smile Dugard saying they can race in those conditions--of course you can it makes the home track advantage even more and the away riders even less confident unless they are top riders like the one who scored well but hey ho

Had to smile Dugard saying they can race in those conditions--of course you can it makes the home track advantage even more and the away riders even less confident unless they are top riders like the one who scored well but hey ho

there's a special order for rain next Sunday as well!

since when ? every time there's a difficult track everyone says it effects the home team. do you ever get from behind your computer and watch any speedway.