British Speedway Forum
Alex2000

Eastbourne 2016

since when ? every time there's a difficult track everyone says it effects the home team. do you ever get from behind your computer and watch any speedway.

Just to let you know you know all i've been to all of the Brummies meetings home and AWAY bar one----have you done that for your team; hmmmm still congratulations on winning the NL and KO Cup rain or not as over 2 legs your home advantage will be the deciding factor.

The fact still remains we are the best team in the League this year and i have been there to see it all and will be at all our remaining fixtures win or lose.

Just to let you know you know all i've been to all of the Brummies meetings home and AWAY bar one----have you done that for your team; hmmmm still congratulations on winning the NL and KO Cup rain or not as over 2 legs your home advantage will be the deciding factor.

The fact still remains we are the best team in the League this year and i have been there to see it all and will be at all our remaining fixtures win or lose.

Gotta agree with you on one thing. You were the best team this year and should be champions.

Love the way you are gearing up and ready to blame out home track advantage if Eastie win but if you have really followed your team home and away, you would know that you are the best team to push us at home. I would suggest your riders dont agree with you on the hime track advantage as they were the ones that pushed us the hardest at home in the league this year and personally, the only team I fear over two legs.

As for a wet dodgy track giving an even better home track advantage, I gotta say, that the first time I have heard that in speedway. Normally words like 'leveller' are usedas home track advantage is often wiped out.

Can you not just look forwards to two meetings with two cracking teams?

And yeh, if you lose I and many other Eastbourne fans would feel your pain. After all, we were the first team that ;lost out' in a playoff final after topping the league! That still hurts!

• Like 3

Gotta agree with you on one thing. You were the best team this year and should be champions.

Love the way you are gearing up and ready to blame out home track advantage if Eastie win but if you have really followed your team home and away, you would know that you are the best team to push us at home. I would suggest your riders dont agree with you on the hime track advantage as they were the ones that pushed us the hardest at home in the league this year and personally, the only team I fear over two legs.

As for a wet dodgy track giving an even better home track advantage, I gotta say, that the first time I have heard that in speedway. Normally words like 'leveller' are usedas home track advantage is often wiped out.

Can you not just look forwards to two meetings with two cracking teams?

And yeh, if you lose I and many other Eastbourne fans would feel your pain. After all, we were the first team that ;lost out' in a playoff final after topping the league! That still hurts!

At last someone with a level viewpoint--i would suggest at the Eastbourne Awards Night GeeJay and Richard Weston go up for the Best "One Eyed Fan" award.

It's refreshing to hear a balanced viewpoint although i don't agree with everything you said.

But it's finely balanced now and i believe your track advantage will decide it and most Easty fans are in denial if they don't thinks it's a factor---thanks again for your balanced comments :t:

Edited by Brummiestormer

Love the way you are gearing up and ready to blame out home track advantage if Eastie win .....

Gearing up......!!!

Go back to post No 214, December 2015, the record has been stuck since then.

I said a month ago that Birmingham should take the home leg first if they were to beat us. Take away our enormous home track advantage , surely the best team in the league should be able to achieve a decent enough lead at home (as we're used to riding a 50p piece must give you some advantage) and class riders should be able to defend a good lead even on our track . If we run it close away, to be honest although I don't like the playoffs we deserve the win overall. Think Birmingham made a mistake not having the first leg of the playoffs Wednesday,the ko cup just gives us practice for the main event.

A few things for our announcer to work on -

Please can we have the team line ups announced before the first heat?

If that isn't possible please can you let us know who is riding in the first heat? Last night 2 of the riders in heat 1 were r/r - there was no announcement of who was taking these rides - imagine our surprise when Luke Harris came by for Eastbourne, he wasn't even named in the programme!

Enthusiasm to be 'one of the lads' is getting in the way of professionalism.

Oh and apparently we have a rider named Tommy Bee ..(he wasn't in the programme either)

Edited by woofers

Thought the same at the Kent match, too much chat not enough info. I like his enthusiasm but just needs to alter the balance slightly . Supposed we were spoilt a bit with Kev Coombes.

Edited by gazzac

I went to the meeting last night, as a neutral. We drove through a lot of rain to get there, with no great expectation it would be on. We arrived at about 6.15 and, given the improving forecast, went in. I was pleasantly surprised that the track looked better than I thought it would. Then it rained for the next hour, and quite heavily at times. I thought that was it - so when it was announced at 7.45 that racing would start at 8.15 I was even more suprised. Half an hour later, with sawdust liberally applied and graded racing did start, and was very good in the circumstances. A huge credit to both teams and to Eastbourne for getting it on.

It would have been helpful to have had a couple of announcements leading up to the scheduled start time just to let us know what was happening,but that's a relatively small criticism.

I liked the enthusiasm of the announcer. I thought he did announce the r\rs for the first heat. I wasn't familiar with the riders but wrote the right names down! I managed to work out who Tommy B was without too much trouble. Perhaps over time he'll get the balance right, but he'll do for me. The music seemed a bit more up to date that at some tracks - not entirely my taste,but I didn't hear too many complaints.

Over all,a much better night than I had expected, racing more than acceptable (and I have seen plenty of worse meetings in the dry), but most of all congratulations to all for just getting on with it. The national league often just get on with it.

Edited by Sir Sidney

Good to see Richard Andrews back to where I thought he belonged but a happy face and a fantastic personality does not score you points. Richards unfortunate crash at Kent was a blessing in disguise for the club. I was hugely disappointed by the way it was handeled on social media seemed to a bit of a mess but also that Richard had been replaced.

last night watching Harris and Brennan both beating him and Richard falling off twice in one race proved that As much as I am a Richard Andrews fan I rather win matches then loose them and I thought that Richard would have Scored 7 or 8 points last night to prove to the Eastbourne management that they had made a big mistake by letting him slip through their fingers. (Wrong)

Funny to see BWD there but he seemed a bit lost until they got him to do the jackpot draw.

Good meeting for what I have to say a meeting that I never thought would go on if it was the EL or PL they would have waked away that's why I love the NL.

since when ? every time there's a difficult track everyone says it effects the home team. do you ever get from behind your computer and watch any speedway.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Now there's the words of someone who obviously doesn't know who he's talking about. The number of miles that Brummiestormer rattles up following the sport around the country and abroad too is equaled by few other fans anywhere.

... you are the best team to push us at home. ...

Correct me if my memory fails me, but wasn't that s below par Eastbourne team on the day, with a guest, R/R and a reserve that had to withdraw after heat 2? Hardly circumstances that are likely to be repeated again in the next two fixtures are they?

Your memory doesn't fail you.

But nor does it recall that Birmingham had Dan Halsey riding at No 1, and he scored only 3 pts from his rides.

Yes, Brennan was making his debut, which ended in heat 2 and we had Ben Hopwood in place of Eliis Perks.

Birmingham led from heat 4 through to heat 14, and it was only when Jack Smith fell in a points scoring position in Ht 14 that gave Eastbourne a life line. With hindsight it was the two 5-1's in heats 13 and 15 that saved Eastbourne.

Brums reserves are stronger, and as in many speedway meetings, can make a significant impact on the result.

Then again, so can r/r, which Eastbourne have utilised virtually all season (only ridden 2 NL matches with 7 riders!), something which is obviously within the rules but probably outside the spirit - but that doesn't seem to count in any sport these days.

Your memory doesn't fail you.

But nor does it recall that Birmingham had Dan Halsey riding at No 1, and he scored only 3 pts from his rides.

Yes, Brennan was making his debut, which ended in heat 2 and we had Ben Hopwood in place of Eliis Perks.

Birmingham led from heat 4 through to heat 14, and it was only when Jack Smith fell in a points scoring position in Ht 14 that gave Eastbourne a life line. With hindsight it was the two 5-1's in heats 13 and 15 that saved Eastbourne.

Brums reserves are stronger, and as in many speedway meetings, can make a significant impact on the result.

Then again, so can r/r, which Eastbourne have utilised virtually all season (only ridden 2 NL matches with 7 riders!), something which is obviously within the rules but probably outside the spirit - but that doesn't seem to count in any sport these days.

I cannot agree strongly enough with the last sentence woofers.

• Like 1

With the rider replacement thing, you make it sound like an advantage but I see it as the opposite. I would rather see someone signed or at least a guest.

Even at home we have only been scoring 4 or 5 with r/r so not really an advantage

At the moment it looks as though we will be going into these matches with r/r and a guest unless Danyon Hume manages to get himself fit. Not exactly ideal.

Luckily the way brums side is set up rr is no disadvantage at all.

They are clear favs to win play off and cup like theyve been since start of season.

The reserves are just too good to be reserves in the nl, fair play to drury getting them on board early doors

• Like 1