Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Alex2000

Eastbourne 2016

Not a fan of the play offs but i guess its kept the league open for fans to follow other wise it was all over in August, Ask Belle Vue about the pain but it was good for the sport and good for the fans but not everyone is going to win.

Looking forward to this one tonight but cant get there so will listen to it on the radio live tonight.

Can someone remind me what radio station its on?

Guest GiveusaB

Great to hear such sportsmanship amongst Brummies/Eastbourne fans.......much more mature than the squabbling Elite league bunch !!!

Anyone know who's guesting for Birmingham on Sunday ?

Great to hear such sportsmanship amongst Brummies/Eastbourne fans.......much more mature than the squabbling Elite league bunch !!!

Anyone know who's guesting for Birmingham on Sunday ?

James Shanes

That rather puts the tin hat on it, Shanes was and I think still is the only man to beat Adam Ellis here this yearbarring falls and Engine Failures. He will take points off the top 4.

Max Clegg beat him last weekend, twice I think!

Shane's could be a very good guest and great to watch. He was flying when Kent we in town last. My gut feel is that he wont do as well this time round.

Shanes can be good at Arlington but at the same time nothing special. If memory recalls he went unbeaten in his first 3 last time but then trailed by about 1/4 of a straight in the last 2 races

Shanes can be good at Arlington but at the same time nothing special. If memory recalls he went unbeaten in his first 3 last time but then trailed by about 1/4 of a straight in the last 2 races

That my whole point, unbeaten in three would take a load of points off our top four making an even bigger mountain to climb for the reserves. If James gets 9 in any manner on Sunday the Brummies will be delighted and it would be a big improvement on Davey's 5 on Wednesday.

We always knew it would be tight over 2 legs, but although Shanes will probably score twice as many as Davey did, even if the Brummie reserves take the reserve races won't score anywhere near the amount they did at home. Lining up nicely for both competitions, reacon both second legs will be a catch up for the home side, hopefully we can have a bigger lead to take to Birmingham for the league than 6,may guess is 49/41. Must say I find James Shanes the most exciting opposing rider to watch,so bodes well for a cracking meeting.

Can't think Brennen and Harris will only score 1 point between them, so if the top end do the business again think it'll be a similar score. Will be quite tight at Arlington as well,but if we can restrict it to a 4 point loss again at Perry Barr, think we'll have taken a bigger lead than that to the second leg . Should be 4 cracking meetings in the 2 competitions as it's too close to call home and away.

Did I really say that !

Edited by gazzac

So then who won rider of the year ect last night? Or more to the point who remembers last night?

So then who won rider of the year ect last night? Or more to the point who remembers last night?

Which last night was that :)