British Speedway Forum
Alex2000

Eastbourne 2016

Exactly solrac think we won't volunteer Alex to be a promoter lol

I will be going to 1 maybe both meetings but surely it would be tight in one day as I can see a few accidents occurring at Arlington for the new comers! I don't know how to promote anything really

During the season I kept a running record of the eagles averages this year. Their may be slight variations with the official figures when out because I don't know the effect on Hopwood, Owen, Andrews & Bates of matches prior to joining the eagles. The others were all new this year and should be the same. They make interesting reading and the figures in brackets are their average including the three cups which do not count for GSA.

BWD 9.83 (9.78)

BH 8.07 (7.37)

MO 7.25 (7.08)

DS 6.63 (7.15)

GW 5.90 (6.28)

RA 5.07 (5.66)

KD 4.49 (4.50)

MB 4.86 (5.02)

The four that I think are definite starters next year DS, RA, GW, & KD only managed 5 points between them yesterday. I was surprised how much this changed their averages with an overall drop of 1.51 which will have a real effect on next years team building, perhaps the conspiracy theorists are right. Individually the changes were DS 7.14 to 6.63, RA 5.56 to 5.07, GW 6.31 to 5.90, KD 4.59 to 4.49.

I thought it must be wrong but then reralised that it was down to the number of matches. DS rode few league matches mostly cups whilst GW missed a lot of league matches with injuries.

These four (subject to Andrews final figure) will use up 22.09 points, add in Powell on 3.0 and we have almost 13 or 15 to find two more riders at either 38 or 40 limit.

I would go Hopwood and Bates at 13 or BWD and Bates at 15. Either way complete continuity with this years spirit and full of potential for another good year.

• Like 1

Would you go bates though? he scores reasonably at home but not so much away. Tom Brennan is also a possibility!

Tom will not be 15 until July, difficult for his Mum to reign the young lad in thereafter and expect him to make the odd appearance when a reserve is missing.

Ethan Spiller is eligible but unlikely I would think to make more than an occasional appearance next year although it would be convenient to travel with his brother.

I go with Bates because after a late start to the season he looked to be establishing himself and at his average in a watered down league next year he will be good value. He is a friend of Richard Andrews and had already adopted the club culture before his accident. That team spirit and the way they all looked after each other played a major part in the success this year it is worth a point or two a match.

Well all i can say in a few months time when Eastbourne put another good team together not one person will even think of the last meeting of the season, Just means that someone is thinking a head, If averages have been dropped then well done for playing the rule book.

Well done to all the riders and mechanics and everyone involved at the Club, also all the club sponsors and people that have made it a great season for the Club and everyone who has supported club during the 2015 season.

Just checked Kent website and says there is a two legged meeting between Kent and Eastbourne on the same day 25th March. Seems a bit early to announce that.

not really alex, both clubs know they're running n.l. so no point keeping us waiting. good to see both clubs can't wait for next year.

not really alex, both clubs know they're running n.l. so no point keeping us waiting. good to see both clubs can't wait for next year.

I know I know but things can change over the winter...

Personally all that needs to change for me is the stadium having a clean up lick of paint everywhere rip the top bar out and new toilets freshen the place up a little

Personally all that needs to change for me is the stadium having a clean up lick of paint everywhere rip the top bar out and new toilets freshen the place up a little

Please, please new toilets. The current one behind bend 1/2 are a disgrace.

lol, the ole toilets debate again.

I would rather see money spent on the team and maybe the training track

• Like 1

Looks like Matthew Bates has packed up da sport man! Good guy sad too here

Looks like Matthew Bates has packed up da sport man! Good guy sad too here

Where did you see that? I liked him

Facebook, great guy wish him well with his future

Shame could have fitted next season. Was his injury part of it?