British Speedway Forum
Alex2000

Eastbourne 2016

Is edging your bets what them cockerney types that karnt speak the Queens English proper do like?

are you recovering from a stroke ?

• Like 1

For what its worth, I reckon the 2016 all conquering Eagles will have a line up a bit like this.

Bradley will stay, because of his NZ status I believe he has to enter the Premier League on a 7.00 ave, NO Premier League promoter will take that chance, several NL riders have dabbles in the PL this year, NONE of them with much success. So BWD at No 1.

Georgie has so many friends from Kent that follow him to Eastbourne and has a few local sponsors which after his first year in the sport will be difficult to pull away from, so Georgie at No 2.

I think it would be sensible to say a big thank you to Ben Hopwood for 2015 and all his efforts, but it is fairly impracticable to drag someone from Manchester for home meetings on the south coast, can see him at Buxton next year. And Marc Owen never seems to stay at one club very long so despite being club captain I think he will be on the move to Rye House or Kent for 2016.

So step up Dan Spiller, I reckon he will be back, he has had half a season and I think is a lot better than we all thought he would be, so he should move up to heat leader at No 3.

Richard Andrews has had a great season I reckon, apart from his Mildenhall appearances !!!!, not his favourite track obviously. He has come on in the latter part of the season and despite that horrible drive back and forth to Exeter I think he will be with us and hopefully not the Isle of White.

So Rich at No 4.

Kelsey seems to be a mixed up kid, don't know him at all, buts it my reckoning that perhaps having to dance to his father and his brothers tune all the time is tough. We all fought with our brothers more than anyone else, didn't we. If he can rise to the occasion, and I'm sure he has the technical nonse and skill to progress in the sport, he is still young remember. I would start Kelsey at No 5.

So reserves, wouldn't it be stupid for Dan to travel all that way and leave his brother at home doing his homework. I think Ethan will be brought in to start at No 6. And to stick with our current grass track theme, I think it would be worth taking a chance with Charley Powell, and hope he progresses the same as George and Rich.

So,

1, Bradley Wilson-Dean

2, Georgie Wood

3, Daniel Spiller

4, Richard Andrews

5, Kelsey Dugard

6, Ethan Spiller

7, Charley Powell

Now some clever git will say that lot adds up to 50 something points !!

Just my thought and maybe a few talking points amongst them.

Anyone having trouble with Kup Bilet in Poland. They are a nightmare to try and get hold off. Eventually got my ticket for Warsaw 2016 through Viagogo, but still trying to get a ticket for the Sunday meeting too. Flights and Hotel sorted.

Shame the Eastbourne club or Eastbourne supporter could not arrange a group to go to some of the GP's. If you hav'nt been, GO. Copenhagen, Warsaw and Prague are fantastic. Only Cardiff is the overated, overpriced bad apple of the bunch, £180 for a night under dog blankets, yeah

right o !!.

From the last issued BSPA average they equal 39.6 but with our average doctoring last meeting it may be lower :rofl: Wouldn't put Kelsey at number 3 I would give him a go at 2 or 4 then put Georgie or Richard at 5

Edited by Alex2000

Bradley will stay, because of his NZ status I believe he has to enter the Premier League on a 7.00 ave

Because of his NL status he has to enter the PL on a 3 point average unless there's an unprecedented change in the rules.

Neither of you are right, brad has said he would be a 5.00 if he was to go PL.

Thanx guys, my thought was that "I believe" not that it was nailed on. But I still ca'nt see a Premier League promoter taking that chance even at 5.00.

Im hoping rye house take a gamble with him then can follow him regurlarly in the PL. Someone will sign him though.

No, just taking the piss out of the ignorant that don't know the difference between hedging and edging....

Woooooosh

thats good coming from you who can't string a sentence together.

BWD probably could cope with a 5.0 in the PL. Times around Arlington this year have had a lot of 60.0 to 60.3 with BWD and Ben Hopwood going into the 59's. Ben had the NL track record at 59.0 until towards the season end when Adam Ellis did 58.3 and had he not fallen in heat one when flying might well have broken into 57's.

The relevance of this is that I have just come across a program from July 2014 and was surprised to see the times. Bjarne Pedersen did 58.5 twice and Niels Iversen did 59.2 and 58.4. The fastest time was 57.9 by Iversen and Woodward. I would have expected the difference between Division one and three to be much greater.It is a bit surprising that Branford and Morley did not do better in the PL this year but with all teams having a NL rider next year the averages should go up. The experience will be valuable and in 2017 who knows. Look at Josh Bates this year.

The other interesting thing from that programme was that Adam Ellis guested for Lewis Blackbird and won heat 9 in 61.2 so in one season he is nearly 3.0 seconds faster in similar conditions.

Don't think they will go with Morley if he gets pl spot as will miss too many fixtures maybe Hopwood step up to #1?

I overheard a conversation at the last meeting saying no room next year for BWD, Hopwood & Dugard an that there gonna go with Morley

Why not Dugard? He's not exactly got a high average. Morley is more of a number 1 than hopwood would be so I don't mind that.

If BWD goes into the PL on an assessed 5 next year then other NL teams should be outraged that he was allowed in the NL this year. If he's not British he's not eligible. If he is racing as a Brit then he should be eligible for a PL spot on a 3 point average next year.

Not sour grapes at all btw, think he's a good rider but rules are rules and all that.