British Speedway Forum
Alex2000

Eastbourne 2016

Seems like we are going to run a squad this year of about 10 riders, Dugard, Spiller boys, Cottham, and i am sure there is a few in there as well hidden for the just in case problems that always arise during the season.

Don't forget strudwick

Seems like we are going to run a squad this year of about 10 riders, Dugard, Spiller boys, Cottham, and i am sure there is a few in there as well hidden for the just in case problems that always arise during the season.

Yes and I know people don't believe me but Brennan will be part of this season I bet Edited by Al3x200

Really do you think Tom is ready for it, If i was to roll up at the set of lights in my car and see a kid who looks like he has just got out of school i drag race him across the lights just to show them whos boss lol, the kids in the back love it the only problem i get is when my fag smoke blows in my face.

I think Tom would get pushed about too much but given the time and we all know how hard Martin used to be if he can install a little bit of that into Tom then we will have a winner.

Then Mr Drury can blow smoke up his own backs*de as we will have or own Zac whatshisname, we be within the rules no matter what Drury tries to throw at the Clubs in the Uk

Really do you think Tom is ready for it, If i was to roll up at the set of lights in my car and see a kid who looks like he has just got out of school i drag race him across the lights just to show them whos boss lol, the kids in the back love it the only problem i get is when my fag smoke blows in my face.

I think Tom would get pushed about too much but given the time and we all know how hard Martin used to be if he can install a little bit of that into Tom then we will have a winner.

Then Mr Drury can blow smoke up his own backs*de as we will have or own Zac whatshisname, we be within the rules no matter what Drury tries to throw at the Clubs in the Uk

Yes and I am and my thoughts are not totally unsupported.

Talking out of yours again eh as usual :t:

Talking out of yours again eh as usual :t:

Yeah so you say, dont worry your see smoke out my arse when you kiss it :rofl: they say the truth hurts, Spiller is English and he put bums on seats, nothing wrong with that, funny how Birmingham also wanted him but the race night didnt agree with his plans, whos to say he might move over to the Uk and live here just to take up his speedway racing, Drury didnt worry about when he was racing in Germany way back in his day as he didnt have a team place in the UK he was quick enough to go to Europe and take the oppitunity, why try to stop and English lad who lives in Germany ride in the UK. Its got to be better for the league and British speedway to get better if we have better riders, if we sit around at the bottom of the sport then we will always be at the bottom.

Robert Lambert ended up going to Germany to improve his racing nobody complained about that.

Edited by catinthehat

i don't think that there is anything wrong with what drury actually said . nobody wants to be giving track time to a possible grand prix/ world cup/ world champion who is going to be representing some other country, not if they're in their right mind anyway. where drury has got it wrong is he's being rather selective with his examples, he should have left it to a general point not picked out 2 names to suit himself. after all he didn't seem to have any worries about giving what turned out to be the best rider in the league a team place last season even though he could quite easily turn out for france in the future as i believe ellis was born in france unlike the spillers who moved to germany.

• Like 1

But what Drury has thought about it long term is that Ethan Spiller has a good chance to come to Eastbourne rather then anywhere else so he was making sure that he stopped that in the future as he knows that Eastbourne could change there team around during the season if needed. Again i dont think they can stop an English passport holder racing for an English club and to ask them to sign a bit of paper that would not stand up in any European court of law is a joke.

Yes i agree that it should be for English riders and for up and coming riders but at the end of the day we need to get as many names out there to show people what speedway is not stop the likes of the spiller boys racing speedway, Andrews, Wood, Hopwood, are all crowd pleasers. maybe he should have not used names?

Well Mr Drury objected to Bradley Andrews riding for us next season even thou was born in England with a British passport. Drury will try anythin I supoose.

He will try anything unless in gain his advantage. :t: but to put it out in the press to get at the Spillers boys thats just a S*it way of doing is as they have no way of reply he has just used the media to his full advantage, mmmm didnt mention anything about Ellis did he.

If He doesn't want a decent national league then the national league doesn't want him.

If He doesn't want a decent national league then the national league doesn't want him.

Im all for a little pantomime be it Drury, Jolly and so on. Im not saying what he said was right just that a little drama adds something to the league, its no fun if everyone is friends.

As I said for me a British passport is enough to race in the NL and I look forward to seeing the Spillers somewhere in the future (although Id rather it had been this season).

That said it was raised at the AGM and voted upon so even if the outspoken Drury is the mouthpiece others chose to agree on the subject so it is not entirely fair for all the venom to be aimed at him.

Im all for a little pantomime be it Drury, Jolly and so on. Im not saying what he said was right just that a little drama adds something to the league, its no fun if everyone is friends.

As I said for me a British passport is enough to race in the NL and I look forward to seeing the Spillers somewhere in the future (although Id rather it had been this season).

That said it was raised at the AGM and voted upon so even if the outspoken Drury is the mouthpiece others chose to agree on the subject so it is not entirely fair for all the venom to be aimed at him.

Yeah I like there being some drama and controversy to the league but not aiming it at specific riders. Also there is nothing to say we won't see the spillers this season after june

• Like 1

I think Connor will have Daniel on the sidelines clearly has a good friendship with the spillers