British Speedway Forum
Alex2000

Eastbourne 2016

A message from Brendan,

Unfortunatly i have had to pull out of the boxing due to having a weekend in France Booked for the Rugby 6 nations game. I initially said i would box in the event, but did say i would need to confirm the date when they found one.

The date was put to us all this week, regarding when it would be, there was no option to move the date of the event due to eastbournes press day being the day before. This left me unable to fight, i am sad to read childish comments from people on here over a charity boxing fight that was all for a good cause.

Good luck to the guys still able to do it, i hope they raise lots of money for ricky. I will be sending my contribution up with Ricky Neale (Spares Man) for there press and practice.

On another note Northern Monkey... Seems a few of us know this fact then. :t:

martin dugard

martin dugard

lol now thats a good guess but the wrong sex for starters, Lets try Len Silver next or even Jon Cook or Chris Louis pie in the sky

Edited by catinthehat
  • Like 1

Dont see why most eastbourne supporters keep knocking Johnson in whatever he does, dont forget he as never done anythin wrong towards eastbourne.

• Like 1

Good old Brendan. Always takes the bait.

Bet he would have fought Niall Strudwick though.

only if the fight was the half time entertainment in paris by the sounds of it.

Cat in the hat is a girl though right?

Beats me I've had a few guesses at meetings last year can't work it out!

Damm they changed the press day and i cant make that now as me and the kids are away on that Wednesday but we be there for the home match, which one is first home or away to Kent on the friday.

Damm they changed the press day and i cant make that now as me and the kids are away on that Wednesday but we be there for the home match, which one is first home or away to Kent on the friday.

Home at 12 and away 6.30

The Eastbourne fixtures are a disgrace, all other clubs have a well balanced fixture list why not Eastbourne, I have mailed the management I await there response with interest

• Like 1

hope the eagles get passed the tigers in the koc. to me the fixture list looks very light without the trophy , there's 2 months worth of reserved dates. one home meeting in the whole of july and august is a joke.

Not scheduling any home fixtures for August appears odd, but then you have to factor in the 4TT Finals at Coventry on Sunday 14th and the Pairs at King's Lynn on Saturday 27th, I suppose.

Maybe the stadium has other events scheduled in August.

(Mildenhall only have one home fixture scheduled between 19th June and 7th August.)

Edited by macca56

The Eastbourne fixtures are a disgrace, all other clubs have a well balanced fixture list why not Eastbourne, I have mailed the management I await there response with interest

They do seem ill thought out I agree with you for once.

I guess this is the reason why they have no fixtures in August as the stock cars have most of the dates, as i love my stock cars so i am happy with the fixture list. Not much room for the bikes this month but as the cars make the money more then the bikes so you can see which one is more important, plus the governing body sorts out the fixture list not the promoters as i remember Kent having the same problem.

http://www.spedeworth.co.uk/venue.php?name=Eastbourne

Edited by catinthehat

Hi guys, I just wanted to clarify the video related comments that have been posted on here regarding BDJRacing.

I was personally with Brendan all day at Iwade, and I was behind the camera for all of his run outs on track. He put together over 16 racing paced laps in totally, with his 2nd session (good session) not filmed due to a camera issue. Yes he did have a slide off towards the beginning of the third session. This was on bend 2 and was a slide off due to what I saw as an unsettling rut. Some others also slid off during the day over that way, and a few hairy moments from others also around the track at other points. The slid off wasn't included within that video which was a conscious decision not to include, bearing in mind the intention for the video. That said, you can clearly see how he was navigating around the track with the exception of that fall.

So regarding the comments that he could not slide it into the first bend are clearly untrue proved by the video, and the words "crashed into the fence" could also be phrased as "slide off near the fence".

However, I can't wait to meet Cat In The Hat and the rest of the Eastbourne posters on here either on the Island or at Eastbourne during the season to have good speedway banter during the meetings.

Andy :)

Edited by Speedway Portal
  • Like 1