British Speedway Forum
Alex2000

Eastbourne 2016

It's on Facebook why they can't have any meetings in August:

Eastbourne Speedway Co-Director Connor Dugard confirms that the fixture list released yesterday has a few errors that are due to be corrected immediately. He also has explained why there is a large gap of home fixtures in July and August.

'As a Saturday club making sure we don't run against GP nights is never easy. With many riders doubling up this year too we wanted to make sure that teams coming to Eastbourne are at full strength. Better racing for the fans and a better atmosphere for everyone involved'.

'A bit of stick has been thrown our way yesterday which I understand as everyone is entitled to their own opinion however it is impossible for us to host any meetings in July/August because:

July

9th SGP Cardiff

16th SEC Gustrow

23rd SWC

30th SWC

August

6th SEC Daugvapils

13th SGP Malila

20th SEC Toglatti

27th SGP Gorzow

I hope this clears the air as we are doing all we can to make sure the fan experience at Eastbourne is the best yet.'

• Like 2

All very well for an EL club supporter to have that point of view. The us and them is being created by the EL/PL who don't wish to pay for riders they take from the NL. Developing a rider costs money. Why shouldn't the EL/PL pay and why must they have priority?

If EL/PL want priority, find your own young riders and then let go out to NL-for free, of course.

On that we can agree, NL clubs should certainly get fees for developing riders, no argument there at all.

However supporters of all leagues are guilty of having a them-and-us attitude, speedway in this country can only move forward if all three leagues work together and co-operate.

On that we can agree, NL clubs should certainly get fees for developing riders, no argument there at all.

However supporters of all leagues are guilty of having a them-and-us attitude, speedway in this country can only move forward if all three leagues work together and co-operate.

The great complaint from fans of all leagues is R/R and guests.

NL fans are no different.

Doubling up/down/sideways/ and fast track is a way of getting over the rider shortage.

Speedway never thinks these things all the way through.

Edit = Bet it's going to be cold in north Norfolk the next few days. Lazy wind on the way!

Edited by Richard Weston
  • Like 1

Another write off of a weekend for practise only 5 or 6 now until the first meeting running out of time for practise!

How do we know they aren't practicing in the week?

There would have been online evidence from either the rider or the club I expect and they probably have to do a thing called work just like everyone else!? and lets be honest I don't think we have gone 24 hours with out some form of shower this week.

They do have flood lights lol they can race at night

doesn't cover my point of the riders usually comment that they have had a practise ect ect! I bet they have done very little if any at all at Eastbourne anyway.

EDIT: Jake Knight has tweeted saying looking forward to getting back on track, not long now. which means they must have a session planned. It also proves my point that riders or the club would post about it.

Edited by Al3x200

It's on Facebook why they can't have any meetings in August:

Eastbourne Speedway Co-Director Connor Dugard confirms that the fixture list released yesterday has a few errors that are due to be corrected immediately. He also has explained why there is a large gap of home fixtures in July and August.

'As a Saturday club making sure we don't run against GP nights is never easy. With many riders doubling up this year too we wanted to make sure that teams coming to Eastbourne are at full strength. Better racing for the fans and a better atmosphere for everyone involved'.

'A bit of stick has been thrown our way yesterday which I understand as everyone is entitled to their own opinion however it is impossible for us to host any meetings in July/August because:

July

9th SGP Cardiff

16th SEC Gustrow

23rd SWC

30th SWC

August

6th SEC Daugvapils

13th SGP Malila

20th SEC Toglatti

27th SGP Gorzow

I hope this clears the air as we are doing all we can to make sure the fan experience at Eastbourne is the best yet.'

Is SEC really that popular with Eastbourne fans that they lose so much money running against it, that they're prepared to not run in the middle of summer when clubs usually get their largest crowds?

• Like 2

I guess the management thought so maybe so long without speedway will also give the fans a real bug to go watch it again?

The euro football and olympics are on this summer

The euro football and olympics are on this summer

Good point. They have been hugely damaging in the past to speedway attendance figures. Can remember Eagles doing a Saturday afternoon to dodge round a Euro or World Cup match.

Richard Andrews, along with Kelsey Dugard, are taking part in the Isle of Wight's opening 4TT fixture scheduled for Thursday 07 April.

Andrews as part of the 'Weymouth' side and Dugard as part of the Warriors.

Richard Andrews, along with Kelsey Dugard, are taking part in the Isle of Wight's opening 4TT fixture scheduled for Thursday 07 April.

Andrews as part of the 'Weymouth' side and Dugard as part of the Warriors.

Good luck Kelsey deserved a full team place really