British Speedway Forum
Alex2000

Eastbourne 2016

I read somewhere that it starts 6.30 for fans

Do we know if there is practice at Eastbourne this weekend as we have had some of the worst weather going the last couple of night with wind and rain?

Went up to the track today, Knight, Wood, Phillips and Hughes all there. I was impressed with Knight looking good on those higher lines. Wood was on the pace and Phillips maybe a bit slow getting to grips with the circuit. The only unfortunantly thing was it seemed Hughes spent more time with a spanner in his hand and didn't see him ride hope he gets sorted out soon! Very dry despite the soaking over the last few months

Went up to the track today, Knight, Wood, Phillips and Hughes all there. I was impressed with Knight looking good on those higher lines. Wood was on the pace and Phillips maybe a bit slow getting to grips with the circuit. The only unfortunantly thing was it seemed Hughes spent more time with a spanner in his hand and didn't see him ride hope he gets sorted out soon! Very dry despite the soaking over the last few months

Phillips was noticeably better than last week. Making progress. He's learning fast.

Went to Eastbourne on Sunday, track looked dusty but it was a lovely day, Hughes did get his bike going just as i was leaving he borrowed some bits of Knights bike to make it work, have to say he looked very impressive i would say with out any problems watching the lads today we have the makings of 3 number 1s in Hughes, and Knight, (Hopwood was not there) but i watched him last year.

Philips was good considering he only ever been to the place a few times he looks a bit like Danny Halsey when he rides, Paul Hurry was going good but the one that was outstanding was Tom Brennan, OMG fastest out of everyone apart from Hurry and Dugard, yes you got it right Martin had a few laps right at the end of the day, he didnt look as if he ever got off a bike.

Jake Knight is my man for the start of the season, i put him at the top the way he rode yesterday, Hughes will have to go some to keep his number 1 race jacket.

Edited by catinthehat

Hughes or knight at number one it doesn't matter both will be good to have in middle order as well compared to some others

how come you three haven't got your dream teams down in "little bit of fun"? ( r w , cat & alex).

Edited by gee jay
  • Like 1

Dont need a dream team as my team is the Eastbourne Eagles and that real life, Support it no matter what. Look back a year ago and it was an unknown, look at the Club and it looks stronger then ever, Yes we are in the NL but who cares its still speedway and i have to say its the best speedway product on the market for entertainment.

• Like 1

how come you three haven't got your dream teams down in "little bit of fun"? ( r w , cat & alex).

CBA tbh lol I've got my speedway star fantasy team done and it's easier to keep track of. Although my nl team would include jake knight. Think he could be one of the best signings this season on just 6.00 after I saw him yesterday. Btw cat did u see Hughes on track as I only saw him ride down to the car park then take his bike apart again.
  • Like 1

My dream team will always be Eastbourne but I will have a punt.

• Like 1

yeah hughes went out right at the very end of the day when there was only Wood and Dugard packing away, he looked very good, i left then so i not sure how much longer he was there for.

Eastbourne have come up with a good line to promote press and practice. Free speedway and plugging the family angle makes sense.

Free speedway tell me more, i bet someone has come up with a very smart way to promote it, i will be going to press day as i heard this is going to be the biggest one of all?

Free speedway tell me more, i bet someone has come up with a very smart way to promote it, i will be going to press day as i heard this is going to be the biggest one of all?

I just read it on website 5:30pm for the fans. Free entry and apparently pigs pantry catering not sure what's more exciting

I see on Twitter that Niall strudwick is trying to tell Nicki pedersen he should have ridden last night and the track was fine at BV. Good old Niall an entertainment on and off track