British Speedway Forum
Alex2000

Eastbourne 2016

still reckon knight will be a number 1? :lol:

good performance from kent against a shocking eastbourne team

Oh dear,shud never lose by that amount at home. Thought they were gona be world beaters after reading how good they looked after practice.

Pleased to see Eastbourne pumped at home after the way some of their supporters behaved at Rye last year

• Like 3

A mere aberration I'm sure.....

Well, I'm sure that's the excuse that will be given later.

Along with that its only a challenge match and that the cobwebs

are being blown off.

Will be casting an eye across the updates later, when at Perry Barr.

(You watch, now I've said all that, Stoke will bring their A game)

Suspected broken left ankle for Kyle Hughes and to be replaced by Joe Jacobs in this evening's return fixture. If this is the case, hope he mends well & swiftly.

Kelsey Dugard signed up for the Isle of Wight Warriors.

Obviously most of you lovely critics were not there or it was another excuse to have a pop at Eastbourne?

Were they disappointing - Yes, but the final score was to say the least flattering.

1) Kyle Hughes after a super victory over Luke Bowen in heat one next time out inexplicably crashed a few yards from the line when home and dried. Off to hospital in the ambulance and out of the meeting.

2) Georgie Wood when clear of Danny Ayres on lap 3, when the bike stopped.

3)Richard Andrews two dreadful rides on a very slow bike then borrowed what was probably the track spare and put in the best race of night against Ayres twice (A Re- Run)

4)In his first race coming round bend two James Shanes got in a terrible mess and Ben Hopwood, probably thinking he would fall and have to avoid him tried a quick turn inside and caught the fence himself. By some miracle Shanes recovered but Hopwood was excluded.

5)Jake Knight looked a bit uncertain on what was a strange track after Kings Lynn but by his fifth outing he looked pretty good beating Bowen and Ayres.

Never mind the aberration jibe it was just one of those days I am sure they will overcome the mechanical problems.

I am quite happy with the 1 to 5 they will come good but the real problem is at reserve, 10 rides 3points says it all. Powell was a trier but will take time to master the switch from Grass to Shale but Nick Phillips? I hate to be critical or riders that risk life and limb but Phillips does not even look a prospect I wonder how long before he gets his first point unless somebody falls in his race.

Without all that Kent would still probably have won a close match as they look a compact unit but there is no doubt the reserves would have won it for them.

I hope Hughes injury will not keep him out too long as without him they are in trouble, and how many meetings before Phillips has to go.

Before today I thought he was a youngster that might show some promise but find he will be 28 in June and the oldest man in the team.

What on earth possessed them to sign him?

I thought the writing was on the wall when Danno Verge won a race !!

Was told that Kent looked very good at Iwade, and so it proved.

Danny Ayers and James Shanes were brilliant, a shame a few more Kent fans didn't come to witness it.

Thought the boy Thomas looked promising too.

The Eagles, well, NO excuses, but were we beaten by the better team or the better prepared team !!

Lets hope this performance was a one off and that Kyle is soon back.

Was going to Sittingbourne tonight, but have to stay home and do my hair !!

Yes, Eagles well beaten. Had some bad luck but still they would have lost.

Fortunately, league championships are not won or lost in a challenge match on Good Friday.

I remember last year Brummies were tonked in their first home match. We know what the end result was.

For Eastbourne, all the top five showed flashes of what they can do.

Powell and Phillips didn't click but let's wait and see before we rush to judgement.

Hughes confirms his broken leg near the ankle on Facebook. He's having an operation tonight or tomorrow to have it screwed. Best wishes to him!

Oh no, not Richard as well. How many teams have lost their No 1 and their skipper on the first day of the season. Hope your ok Richie and hope Kyle will soon be back.

Bad day all round for Eagles. Connor's phone will be in meltdown.

just got in from watching at kent tonight, thought Jake Knight was absolutely fantastic as was Jacobs

as for the rest

Bad day at the office for Eastbourne but they have not shied away from keeping fans informed online and on social media.

You have to think after last year that what they are saying is: "I'll be back."

Ellis Perks is after a team place after IOW dropped him.Could do a lot worse than sign him..

Edited by martin_t