British Speedway Forum
Alex2000

Eastbourne 2016

Good reply from Eastbourne today but Coventry must be kicking themselves. Knight excelling on a bigger track and Woody finding more power to post a good score along with solid points from Hopwood and guest perks. Reserves still look a huge concern and I expect changes in the not to distant future.

If he is going to ride like that then they must snap Perks up. I think Islander has it spot on. Interesting to see how they go at Lynn this week which will suit Knight perfectly, but can they get a decent reserve by then?

I can only think perks had turned Connor down as surely he would have called him, but why would he do that? I think with perks, Knight and wood are a formidable pairing we are looking solid in the top end.

Good reply from Eastbourne today but Coventry must be kicking themselves. Knight excelling on a bigger track and Woody finding more power to post a good score along with solid points from Hopwood and guest perks. Reserves still look a huge concern and I expect changes in the not to distant future.

Powell had a puncture when leading and then, when leading again, his engine seized.

If he had converted those to wins, his score would have been decent.

Phillips certainly needs more laps

Charley Powell fell whilst leading heat 2 and whilst leading Hopwood and fell whilst on a 5-1 Georgie wood he's definitly got the ability just needs it moulding! both reserves look like different riders very impressive turn around keep it up

Both reserves had the speed, hopefully the control will follow.

Yes, hope so - I'm sure you can teach that but you can't teach them to go fast.

• Like 1

Dugards Twitter had a photo of Phillips bike so i guess again that he is going to have a look at his bike and make a few changes to get phillips up and on the rode. Both reserves had speed and looked much better then they did on Friday, but again friday was a challange match also a challange for the promotion to see whats wrong and whats right.

Looks like a change in the wind from the storm Katie has gone in the right way of Eastbourne, so whats the news on the team if any?

Ellis perks has signed up!

However Hopwood has gone!?

Edited by Al3x200

I wonder what is going on he's come up with 2 riders but isn't telling us.....

No way where have you read about Ben?

IF Hopwood has gone to accommodate Perks plus a new number 1 then that is extremely had on him. Whilst a new signing is clearly required to cover the very unfortunate Hughes the Eastbourne merry-go-round is becoming a concern?

How many riders will question signing for Eastbourne in the future with the high rider turnover?

Wow i have to say that its a bit hard on Ben if its true but again is seems that the unfortunate accident with Hughes has casued this problem only so many riders can fit in a 40 point limit. But again Eastbourne have gone ahead with nothing unturned wanting to win again, Hats off to them for a change and again a different Eastbourne to the years before and i have to say its only in the interest of the club and keeping speedway alive in sussex.

Hard as it is but speedway seems to have come alive in sussex and that through another set of goggles, you may call it a merry go around while i say it was a high trill roller coaster with all the dips and turns of a ride your never going to forget.