British Speedway Forum

Maybe this is something we could see more of, EL clubs racing challenge meeting against PL opposition, certainly looks to be a great way of opening the season.

Very attractive opening fixtures for both monarchs and tiggers.

Well done to both promotions.

This ^^^. Monarchs v Belle Vue and Glasgow bringing Coventry up for their opener: now THAT's what I all promoting. Put on something way different for the fans and teams they woudn't normally see at PL level, hope it's a bumper night for both clubs. Good stuff....

• Like 3

The gap between EL and PL is getting closer and closer.

With some vision and cooperation in the near future we could be back to one big league.

He was immense when he came up with Reading in the mid 2000's at Armadale. Never did Ashfield as far as i can remember.

I am sure Zagar did ride at Ashfield once

Just checked my files 09/05/04 he rode at No.5 not sure if I can post pics on here so here is a link to a pic of him chasing Shane Parker

http://www.ianadam.co.uk/Temp/

Edited by snapper
  • Like 2

I am sure Zagar did ride at Ashfield once

Just checked my files 09/05/04 he rode at No.5 not sure if I can post pics on here so here is a link to a pic of him chasing Shane Parker

http://www.ianadam.co.uk/Temp/

Yes he did , though in the same season he never returned for the Premier Trophy semi final , Reading used Frede Schott that day , who had a bit of a disagreement in the pits with Lee Dicken :wink:

• Like 1

The gap between EL and PL is getting closer and closer.

With some vision and cooperation in the near future we could be back to one big league.

We'll be having Cookie then :party:

I would happily settle for any evening of teams if it meant that we went back to at least 17 teams in the top league with home and away once and all of the teams were on a level playing field.

Here here! Watching his performances away from home on Friday makes you realise how much we will miss him this season.

Hope he realises all his ambitions. Great guy and a great captain.

• Like 2

His form at end of season was immense being number 1 isn't too far away.

Two great openers for both clubs...

I've said on a number of occasions that speedway should have an "FA Cup" style tournament throughout the season which involves all the teams from all 3 divisions... If - for example, Stoke were to draw Belle Vue, then the lower division club would automatically race at home... with maybe a proportion of the probable increased gate going to the higher league club to offset the fact of not having a home leg.

Best wishes and good health to Mike Hunter in his decision to take a step back from his duties at Edinburgh. :t: Dam, just bumped the Monarchs to the top of the page. ;):cheers:

• Like 7

Best wishes and good health to Mike Hunter in his decision to take a step back from his duties at Edinburgh. :t: Dam, just bumped the Monarchs to the top of the page. ;):cheers:

oh no you didt, oh yes i did ..

• Like 1