1 Sam Masters 8.72
2 Kevin Wolbert 8.18
3 Ryan Fisher 7.60
4 Erik Riss 6.13
5 Anton Rosen 5.14
6 Max Clegg 3.69
7 Dan Bewley 3.00
Total: 42.46

SCB, once a rider has done four home and away, he can be dropped.

An average marked up to the minimum is not deemed an assessed average.

All the best

Rob

Of course it is! If it's not real it's been assessed.

18.6.2.1 No rider with an Assessed MA, other than the Category 4 rider, can drop below 5.00 at any time during the Season
"rider with an assesed MA" how much more clear do you want it?

That is my understanding and the way it should be. Forgetting about be the specific rider in question I think it is correct that an assessed rider should be guaranteed a decent chance to prove himself and not discarded after 3 or 4 meetings. In theory it also means they have genuine MA even if this new minimum rule might prevent them using it. I am open to it being longer than8 matches however it can't/shouldn't be the whole season.

As usual an ill thought out rushed through rule that is not clear. What happens next season can they use their genuine MA or minimum 5 forever. If it was for the whole season does that mean you can replace a rider with a 5.01 average but not 4.99. absolutely crazy.

For those suggesting that Edinburgh are putting things in the paper to pressure him to quit you really need to have a word with yourself. Talk about 1+1=200 the article does not reflect well on anyone but to read that from it is utterly bewildering.

Jye gets his official MA tomorrow so guess we'll find out soon if the monarchs want to replace and if they are allowed to.

TBF, the rules rarely make sense. Jump and touch the tapes and you can start form 15 metres or a reserve comes in. Jump and don't touch the tapes and you're disqualified with no reserve and no option to start from 15. Totally illogical but thats the rules.

Edited by SCB

Edinburgh can fit in Anton Rosen!

1 Sam Masters 8.72
2 Kevin Wolbert 8.18
3 Ryan Fisher 7.60
4 Erik Riss 6.13
5 Anton Rosen 5.14
6 Max Clegg 3.69
7 Dan Bewley 3.00
Total: 42.46

Again... with the realism..... Like I posted on the Berwick thread

SCB, once a rider has done four home and away, he can be dropped.

An average marked up to the minimum is not deemed an assessed average.

All the best

Rob

Of course it is! If it's not real it's been assessed.

SCB, averages marked up to the minimum are already used and have firmly been established from many years.

Example:- an UK newcomer with no previous PL or EL experience, will initially be given an assessed average of 3.00.

If after completing the required 4h + 4a qualifying matches, his CMA is less than 3.00, he will still be marked up to the minimum of 3.00.

For instance, if you examine Issue 5 of the 2016 PL Green Sheets you will note that Ellis Perks, who had completed the required 4h + 4a was no longer classified as having an assessed average, but was still assigned the minimum of 3, despite his actual match average being less.

However the likes of Dan Bewley, Lee Payne, Danny Ayres, & others were classified as having assessed averages of 3, as they had yet to complete the required 4h +4a to be no longer assigned assessed averages.

The above confirms that after completing 4h + 4a, riders are no longer recognised by the BSPA/SCB as having assessed averages, irrespective of what you may think :nono:

• Like 1

Etheridge out the elder Riss brother in.

Feel for Jye it just hasn't worked out for him I'm afraid. Shown glimpses of what he can do hopefully it's not the end of his career over here.

Brace yourself all Edinburgh folk

I don't follow German speedway but is Mark Riss any better than Jye, genuine question.

Thanks for all your endeavour Jye,

Edited by ekimba
  • Like 1

can someone explain the rules to me ?

mark is a 5.00 average, yet cant fall below a 5.00 average

surely the same would be for scunthorpes asset now p'bro rider holub ??

(or is that a case of bspa vice chairman fiddling the rules to suit)

Etheridge out the elder Riss brother in.

Feel for Jye it just hasn't worked out for him I'm afraid. Shown glimpses of what he can do hopefully it's not the end of his career over here.

Campbell added: Jye is probably one of the worst newcomers in the Premier League"

At least he leaves with a glowing reference....

Got to laugh at Campbell saying he'll do his best to find him a team place at a track that suits him after last weeks comments.

can someone explain the rules to me ?

mark is a 5.00 average, yet cant fall below a 5.00 average

surely the same would be for scunthorpes asset now p'bro rider holub ??

(or is that a case of bspa vice chairman fiddling the rules to suit)

jye is classed as a new rider in 2016. so is campton because he missed he 2015 season . good to see that good old english rider holub getting a number 7 spot .. where is davey when you need him ?. prob with ty proctor in oz .

hard luck jye , hope you find a team soon and just remember when you get back home tell everyone how the edinburgh management treat you . you came 1/2 way around the world to be shi7 on by a bunch of seagulls . feel 4 ya ..

Edited by jenga
  • Like 1

Whilst obviously riders need somewhere to live am i the only one that thinks it stinks that an overseas rider is required to have accommodation supplied for them whilst British riders have to pay their own rent/mortgage and are not paid significantly different?

Campbell added: Jye is probably one of the worst newcomers in the Premier League"

At least he leaves with a glowing reference....

Got to laugh at Campbell saying he'll do his best to find him a team place at a track that suits him after last weeks comments.[/quote

To be fair to John he's not really wrong though. He has scored around 9 point in 39 or something along those lines wich to be completely honest isn't very good.

A spell at reserve probably would of helped him to score some points and gain some confidence but that wasn't going to happen.

I have no idea where this crazy rule has come from but for a young struggling rider not to be able to drop to reserve is absolutely ridiculous

Good luck Jye

• Like 1

hard luck jye , hope you find a team soon and just remember when you get back home tell everyone how the edinburgh management treat you . you came 1/2 way around the world to be shi7 on by a bunch of seagulls . feel 4 ya ..

Feel 4 ya, my ar$e... this is the first change that Edinburgh have made based on form in nearly 3yrs...I'd say were one of the more tolerable promotions in the current era...

Workington have been known for team changing when riders have been scoring more points than what Jye has so be prepared for a visit from Carlisle Glass if you want to start hurling those pebbles...

I have no idea where this crazy rule has come from but for a young struggling rider not to be able to drop to reserve is absolutely ridiculous

Good luck Jye

Indeed... Good luck Jye and thanks for your efforts...

• Like 2

Feel 4 ya, my ar$e... this is the first change that Edinburgh have made based on form in nearly 3yrs...I'd say were one of the more tolerable promotions in the current era...

Workington have been known for team changing when riders have been scoring more points than what Jye has so be prepared for a visit from Carlisle Glass if you want to start hurling those pebbles...

Indeed... Good luck Jye and thanks for your efforts...

Of course it is, you have been winning trophies for fun. Why would they change winning team(s)?

• Like 1