British Speedway Forum
hyderd

Belle Vue 2016

Looking forward to seeing Craig Cook at Lakeside. As far as I know, he's never ridden at the Arena-Essex Raceway before.

I'm looking forward to seeing Cookie there too. The way he rides the likes of Edinburgh, Wolves & the old Kirky Lane, I'd expect him to go well at Lakeside.

Should be a good season for the Aces, a decent team, a new stadium - just need to fix the Manchester weather now and we'll be fine!

At home (once they get dialed in) i'd say the aces have a good top 4 and a solid bottom end. Away from home a decent top 3 and at least no duffers in the team!

And whilst they do, teams like Swindon will come away with all the points :)

They are going to race on Fridays I believe - but can't find it in black and white anywhere...

Will race Fridays yes

Edited by Phil The Ace

...and Wednesdays on GP weeks?!?

....and Mondays when Sky are there??

...and Wednesdays on GP weeks?!?

....and Mondays when Sky are there??

Mostly Friday's with Colts NL meetings on GP Friday's.

Won't be any Monday's as we only have planning permission for Wednesday's, Friday's, Saturday's.

• Like 1

Mostly Friday's with Colts NL meetings on GP Friday's.

Won't be any Monday's as we only have planning permission for Wednesday's, Friday's, Saturday's.

Think there might be the odd bank holiday Monday fixture

Think there might be the odd bank holiday Monday fixture

Can't see it happening as like I said when they got the planning permission Monday's weren't included, plus it is stock cars next door on bank holidays so would be chaos.

Can't see it happening as like I said when they got the planning permission Monday's weren't included, plus it is stock cars next door on bank holidays so would be chaos.

Isn't it great to be able to say those 2 little words.

As a Coventry regular and supporter since 1976, am so chuffed that I can welcome back a "real" Belle Vue since the demise of Hyde Road team of all those years ago. A cracking line up too for 2016 - imo the team that everybody else has to beat. Hats off to the promotion for keeping strong and achieving the dream.

• Like 5

Can't find the new stadium topic so had to post on here, hopefully if this link works you'll see some great shots of the new stadium and track work being carried out.

https://www.facebook.com/bellevuespeedway/photos/ms.c.eJw1ydENACAIA9GNjFRKy~;6LaUK8v5drmaguAAGc1WO~_ktRYO23Lju~;5qQuhXA0M.bps.a.978526842221235.1073741833.129552893785305/978526962221223/?type=3&theate

• Like 3

Good to see Cook getting fixed up in Poland with Lodz.Hopefully he will go up another gear this season,apart from the times he races against Lynn of course :D

Interesting to see the size difference between old and new in the photos. New track will clearly have much bigger sweeping bends, reminiscent of Hyde Road. I'm sure H&S will never allow us to lean over the fence as we did at Hyde but it is looking great.

• Like 2