British Speedway Forum
hyderd

Belle Vue 2016

I seriously blame the riders. Sell put crowd and we weren't that bothered what the racing was like.

Follow each other round, we wouldn't have minded.. But a good news story has been turned into a bad news one.

An extract from a post on the Leicester 2016 page by the Lions track curator 12 days ago:-

"But went by Manchester's new track they have so much to do in 12 days and the weather is giving them little chance. We had snow here in Manchester all day now its raining. Had no shale on two turns Just mud everywhere."

I seriously blame the riders. Sell put crowd and we weren't that bothered what the racing was like.

Follow each other round, we wouldn't have minded.. But a good news story has been turned into a bad news one.

Riders safety should come first. Nobody wants to see anybody injured. Harris says the track was rideable but not raceable but he will give most things a try. Why should fans pay out to watch riders just try and make it round 4 laps.

I feel sorry for the fans who made the trip. Sitting there in the cold without any updates.

Shambles and sad to see

• Like 1

Wondered how long it would be before someone blamed the riders !

Belle Vue Speedway are to blame for this fiasco nobody else

Edited by New Science
  • Like 7

You dont get a second chance to make first impressions, I hope I am wrong, but I suspect there will be long term repercussions will be over this.

• Like 1

I bet sky are reviewing their showing the meeting with Poole

Really hope they make a better job of the World Cup

Hope they move the World Cup to King's Lynn..

• Like 1

To be fair to the Belle Vue promotion, they are use to a rutty track at the old stadium, maybe that's what they thought speedway tracks are all like. :-P

Here's looking forward to what a shambles the World Cup will be. Major mistake offering it to a track that hadn't been built at the point of being announced. Let's hope we see back at Kings Lynn.

• Like 1

Really hope they make a better job of the World Cup

As someone who will be travelling from Berwick for the Friday & Saturday nights meetings, and having forked out hard earned pennies for hotel and tickets, I truly hope they do, though to be fare if Belle Vue are still having these kind of problems come SWC night, we might as well give up.

• Like 2

To be fair to the Belle Vue promotion, they are use to a rutty track at the old stadium, maybe that's what they thought speedway tracks are all like. :-P

Here's looking forward to what a shambles the World Cup will be. Major mistake offering it to a track that hadn't been built at the point of being announced. Let's hope we see back at Kings Lynn.

More likely to move it to another country tbh.

More likely to move it to another country tbh.

Any bets on Poland... AGAIN...

• Like 1