Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
hyderd

Belle Vue 2016

Belle vue had every intention to race

Other parties wouldn't risk it

So Belle Vue had every intention to race on a track that has problems and needs relaying in several places?

That just about sums up everything that is wrong with the promotion!

Thank goodness 'other parties', whomever they are, are stepping in to sort the shambles out.

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 7

LIARS......the fact they couldnt even tell a simple truth, and give a cock n bull story about the weather sums them 2 up perfectly!

• Like 3

It shows them up as speedway promoters and that's why the sport is where it is. Great promoters who were speedway business men have gone and we are left with keen fans with a bit of cash or contacts behind them who suddenly think they can run a club.

Until things pick up and we can get some good people in this is what we have to put up with but the problem we now have is its a chicken and egg scenario to attract good promoters.

Agreed. But any decent businessman will look at the sport and realise that they will be wasting their time and money - that is why they are good business people.

• Like 3

LIARS......the fact they couldnt even tell a simple truth, and give a cock n bull story about the weather sums them 2 up perfectly!

Exactly, they are treating the paying public like ****.

I would urge as many of you as possible, to claim a cash refund for the farce of the opening PC meeting.

I was thinking of just leaving it, but after this latest fiasco, will definitely be claiming a refund.

It will be interesting to see how quickly they pay out the reimbursements.

For those of you that bought a 20 meeting season ticket, I would think that now they are behind with the fixtures, you will

not get your 20 home meetings.

Yet another case of cash in the bank, for the promotion.

Taken from the Belle Vue website for those interested,Scott Nicholl's views on matters.

http://www.bellevueaces.co/newsitem.aspx?id=1670

"Belle Belle Vue captain Scott Nicholls has welcomed yesterday's decision by the club and Manchester City Council that further urgent works on the National Speedway Stadium's circuit are required.

The Rentruck Aces were forced to postpone their Friday night clash with Leicester after heavy rain throughout the week washed out the track and brought to light several defects on Turns 3 & 4.
Nicholls says he and his team mates share the fans' frustrations at their lack of home meetings, but has urged people to embrace the bigger picture where these repairs are concerned.
He said: "I know there's a lot of people who have been left very frustrated by the number of postponements we've had, none more so than myself and the rest of the Belle Vue riders.
"But I think I speak on behalf of all the team and the officials when I say that I'd much rather us delay our home fixtures and get the track sorted than try to rush things for the sake of it.
Scott Nicholls with Aces' Team Manager Mark Lemon (CS)
"Unfortunately the weather got the better of us on Friday but in hindsight I feel that was a blessing in disguise. We've got some big events coming up this year and we want them to be successful.
"As frustrating as it is, I think it is the best and wisest decision to conduct further work on the track ready for our next meeting and the management team have our fullest support in that respect."
The Belle Vue boys travel to Leicester tonight hopeful of repeating their sublime victory over King's Lynn last week, something which Nicholls believes his team are more than capable of pulling off.
He said: "You can never underestimate people. It's when you get caught unaware that things start go wrong so you have to treat all teams, no matter how strong, with equal amounts of respect.
"Leicester may not be the strongest club on paper but they've got plenty of riders who are quite capable of delivering the goods on their day, so we have to ensure we go in to tonight prepared.
"We want to carry on from where we left off at King's Lynn. Belle Vue haven't won there for some time and the Stars look to be a strong outfit this year but we were able to match them step for step.
"It'd be nice to get the momentum building again at Beaumont Park. It's been very stop start with all of the rain offs but we're in good form right now so hopefully we can come away with a win.
"Leicester is a deceptive track. It rides different to how it looks but hopefully the changes they have made over the winter have been enough to open it up a little bit and allow a few more racing lines.
"We've got a strong and solid team from top to bottom and already everyone is showing great promise in their performances so we've just got to make sure to maintain our momentum tonight."
Coventry's Chris Harris will deputise for Rentruck Aces' spearhead Matej Žagar tonight, who is absent due to his commitments in Round 2 of the Slovenian National Championships in Ljubljana".

Can we ride all our matches away !

Who knows, we might have to?

Taken from the Belle Vue website for those interested,Scott Nicholl's views on matters.

http://www.bellevueaces.co/newsitem.aspx?id=1670

"Belle Belle Vue captain Scott Nicholls has welcomed yesterday's decision by the club and Manchester City Council that further urgent works on the National Speedway Stadium's circuit are required.

The Rentruck Aces were forced to postpone their Friday night clash with Leicester after heavy rain throughout the week washed out the track and brought to light several defects on Turns 3 & 4.
Nicholls says he and his team mates share the fans' frustrations at their lack of home meetings, but has urged people to embrace the bigger picture where these repairs are concerned.
He said: "I know there's a lot of people who have been left very frustrated by the number of postponements we've had, none more so than myself and the rest of the Belle Vue riders.
"But I think I speak on behalf of all the team and the officials when I say that I'd much rather us delay our home fixtures and get the track sorted than try to rush things for the sake of it.
Scott Nicholls with Aces' Team Manager Mark Lemon (CS)
"Unfortunately the weather got the better of us on Friday but in hindsight I feel that was a blessing in disguise. We've got some big events coming up this year and we want them to be successful.
"As frustrating as it is, I think it is the best and wisest decision to conduct further work on the track ready for our next meeting and the management team have our fullest support in that respect."
The Belle Vue boys travel to Leicester tonight hopeful of repeating their sublime victory over King's Lynn last week, something which Nicholls believes his team are more than capable of pulling off.
He said: "You can never underestimate people. It's when you get caught unaware that things start go wrong so you have to treat all teams, no matter how strong, with equal amounts of respect.
"Leicester may not be the strongest club on paper but they've got plenty of riders who are quite capable of delivering the goods on their day, so we have to ensure we go in to tonight prepared.
"We want to carry on from where we left off at King's Lynn. Belle Vue haven't won there for some time and the Stars look to be a strong outfit this year but we were able to match them step for step.
"It'd be nice to get the momentum building again at Beaumont Park. It's been very stop start with all of the rain offs but we're in good form right now so hopefully we can come away with a win.
"Leicester is a deceptive track. It rides different to how it looks but hopefully the changes they have made over the winter have been enough to open it up a little bit and allow a few more racing lines.
"We've got a strong and solid team from top to bottom and already everyone is showing great promise in their performances so we've just got to make sure to maintain our momentum tonight."
Coventry's Chris Harris will deputise for Rentruck Aces' spearhead Matej Žagar tonight, who is absent due to his commitments in Round 2 of the Slovenian National Championships in Ljubljana".

If Mr Nicholls had to pay to get in, had paid in advance for tickets (season or one off) or didn't get a mileage allowance to travel there, he might think differently.

• Like 1

No I don't think so. He has the ability to focus on the future and the potential for the season.

• Like 4

As a bees fan can I just say be very thankful and if it takes another few weeks then so what. We have a few meetings left and no plans in place, even the Swindon cock up is nothing compared to Coventry. We are looking for land to build a track on, while we sell land we own a track on 😁 if only Coventry/rugby council would help😇. It looks a great stadium and the track shape looks like you are going to have brilliant meetings to go to. What's happened wasn't ever planned, it's something that can be put right though and you have got a home and a great future.

I'll be there for the British final and I can't wait, it's frustrating I know but you are in better shape than most. Your teams picking up points away so come September and the play offs there could well be a completely different feel what happened a few weeks back.

Edited by Coventry_Bee
  • Like 8

As a bees fan can I just say be very thankful and if it takes another few weeks then so what. We have a few meetings left and no plans in place, even the Swindon cock up is nothing compared to Coventry. We are looking for land to build a track on, while we sell land we own a track on if only Coventry/rugby council would help. It looks a great stadium and the track shape looks like you are going to have brilliant meetings to go to. What's happened wasn't ever planned, it's something that can be put right though and you have got a home and a great future.

I'll be there for the British final and I can't wait, it's frustrating I know but you are in better shape than most. Your teams picking up points away so come September and the play offs there could well be a completely different feel what happened a few weeks back.

Couldnt agree more with this. The bigger picture must be looked at, Speedway meetings can be called off at any time its the risk you take!

21 years without a track now, Id love to waste GBP100 on a washed out first meeting!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cradley_Heathens

Edited by BUDGIE
  • Like 2

As a bees fan can I just say be very thankful and if it takes another few weeks then so what. We have a few meetings left and no plans in place, even the Swindon cock up is nothing compared to Coventry. We are looking for land to build a track on, while we sell land we own a track on if only Coventry/rugby council would help. It looks a great stadium and the track shape looks like you are going to have brilliant meetings to go to. What's happened wasn't ever planned, it's something that can be put right though and you have got a home and a great future.

The best summing up amongst all the posts I would say.

• Like 1