British Speedway Forum
hyderd

Belle Vue 2016

As already pointed out to you, of course good drainage saves meetings, otherwise why have any drainage in the first place. You do say some strange things fella..

Time will tell. Not with the amount of rain you get..

Why is starman so bitter against belle vues new stadium? Its almost as if he wants the place to fail.

Hes just highlighting what a true donut he really is i suppose

I would call NW42 's post smug, wouldn't you ? Or maybe you wouldn't... When was the last time you won a league title ? A new stadium will not gurrantee you any league titles. You had your chance last season but blew it..

Edited by Starman2006

I would call NW42 's post smug, wouldn't you ? Or maybe you wouldn't... When was the last time you won a league title ? A new stadium will not gurrantee you any league titles. You had your chance last season but blew it..

Mmmm, a difficult one. What would I rather have, a few extra league titles or a 21st century stadium with a track that promises excellent racing, that ensures the future of the club, gives the opportunity to run a NL team, to develop new British talent with the prospect of more league titles and regular world class events like the SWC finals? Think I might go for the latter but then again I'm interested in not only Belle Vue but the future of the sport in the UK.

• Like 3

Mmmm, a difficult one. What would I rather have, a few extra league titles or a 21st century stadium with a track that promises excellent racing, that ensures the future of the club, gives the opportunity to run a NL team, to develop new British talent with the prospect of more league titles and regular world class events like the SWC finals? Think I might go for the latter but then again I'm interested in not only Belle Vue but the future of the sport in the UK.

We've done all that mate. Give somebody else a go..

No i wouldnt call it smug.

You always pop up on the belle vue thread slagging off belle vues stadium, looking for faults all the time. Why?

If we keep a tally of rain related call offs it will give us an idea of how badly Belle Vue are effected.

The current table is

Kings Lynn 4

Wolves 2

Swindon 2

Coventry 1

Lakeside 1

Leicester 1

Poole 1

Belle Vue 1

• Like 1

If we keep a tally of rain related call offs it will give us an idea of how badly Belle Vue are effected.

The current table is

Kings Lynn 4

Wolves 2

Swindon 2

Coventry 1

Lakeside 1

Leicester 1

Poole 1

Belle Vue 1

He's not interested in facts, just his own little world, bless him.

The current table is

Kings Lynn 4

Wolves 2

Swindon 2

Coventry 1

Lakeside 1

Leicester 1

Poole 1

Belle Vue 1

Which as a % probably has BV top! Thats 50% of their meetings!

No i wouldnt call it smug.

You always pop up on the belle vue thread slagging off belle vues stadium, looking for faults all the time. Why?

Do i ?

Which as a % probably has BV top! Thats 50% of their meetings!

although statistically that is correct, Factually it was the fault of the track builders, so since the track has been given the green light the record for the EL is 0 rain off's

• Like 1

Starman Poole can add another title to their collection (how can i put it politely) having the biggest silly billy on the BSF as a fan.

I'd say a new stadium could be a major factor for future success. A new facility like this is always going to be an asset when trying to attract new riders. If, they can also increase their home support too, I think riders want to race in front of packed crowds. And crucially, a new stadium means new sponsors, a heightened visibility in the business community, and control of and increased revenue streams. If Belle Vue can get the best out of their new business model, then they are going to have more money for rider payment etc. It's better than nowt I suppose :)

• Like 2

Problem is it always seems to rain in Manchester.

I believe its the weather in Manchester meself..

Still doesn't get away from the fact you get more rain than most,

Pretty sure on a National Statistics site of the wettest places in Britain, Cardiff was the wettest place. Manchester was quite a way down the list about level with Poole/Bournemouth.

Might have to try to find it and make Starry look a chump again...

• Like 3

That didn't take much finding. Data from the Met Office. Average yearly rainfall in cm (1981-2010)

Cardiff 115.19cm

Glasgow 112.43

Preston 103.36

Huddersfield 102.84

Plymouth 100.74

Blackpool 88.27

Carlisle 87.21

Manchester 86.71

Bournemouth 83.52

Other speedway places:

Sheffield 83.46

Stoke 80.61