WOLVERHAMPTON WOLVES (39.38 total)

1.Joonas Kylmakorpi 6.80

2.Jacob Thorssell. 6.18

3.Mikkel Bech 6.16

4.Freddie Lindgren. 6.11

5.Sam Masters (d/u) 5.60

6. Kyle Howarth. 5.53

7. Max Clegg 3.00

I will add averages and change riding numbers if needed once this heatleader list is announced. It could be interesting.

Edited by mdmc82
  • Like 2

Is AJ official?

Reliable sources say he was announced at the talk in. The photo on the Hammers website says "returning number 1 AJ" attached to the article for 2016 team building.

Shame as had hoped we would have had him at Coventry but AJ agreed to be at Lakeside for 2 years.

Shame as had hoped we would have had him at Coventry but AJ agreed to be at Lakeside for 2 years.

Nice 30k cheque on its way to Coventry Speedway then! As if they offered him a 2 year deal we couldn't sign him and we can't demand a transfer fee.

Same with Nicholls. What's the point owning riders who are happy to do two year deals elsewhere? Especially as we can't offer anyone a two year deal this season. If I was Mick id be flogging anyone I could this season.

I should think both Lakeside and Belle Vue had permission from Coventry to sign up Jonsson and Nicholls on two year contacts.

I like your optimism thinking Jonsson is worth 30k.

Nice 30k cheque on its way to Coventry Speedway then! As if they offered him a 2 year deal we couldn't sign him and we can't demand a transfer fee.

Same with Nicholls. What's the point owning riders who are happy to do two year deals elsewhere? Especially as we can't offer anyone a two year deal this season. If I was Mick id be flogging anyone I could this season.

Who in their right mind will pay out a transfer fee these days(unless its for a young Brit to give a club a good FTR rider) When your post proves that riders will ride where ever they want to.Plus any rider at any time can just decide not to ride in the Elite league anymore.The asset system just does not work anymore.The only benefit from it these days is a loan fee.

Edited by B.V 72

Who in their right mind will pay out a transfer fee these days(unless its for a young Brit to give a club a good FTR rider) When your post proves that riders will ride where ever they want to.Plus any rider at any time can just decide not to ride in the Elite league anymore.The asset system just does not work anymore.

Its not about wanting to buy. It's being told you have to buy. You sign a rider on a two year deal then you run that risk. If Mick Horton is too soft to make people buy his assets then he's a mug.

And BV have done plenty of buying recently. Lakeside are not adverse to it in recent times either.

Edited by SCB

Its not about wanting to buy. It's being told you have to buy. You sign a rider on a two year deal then you run that risk. If Mick Horton is too soft to make people buy his assets then he's a mug.

And BV have done plenty of buying recently. Lakeside are not adverse to it in recent times either.

Who in their right mind would pay out big money for a 35 year old.You also have to take into account that clubs just dont have that sort of money these days.

As i said in my 1st post Belle vue have bought the only type of rider that is worth buying these days young Brits.For a few reasons the FTR system, they would not have cost that much,there is a good chance that they will ride in Britain for all there carrier and if they dont use them over the years they will get more than their money back in loan fees.

• Like 1

Who in their right mind would pay out big money for a 35 year old.

I don't think you get this. If Coventry offer AJ and Scott a team place and they turn it down then Coventry are within their right to say they have to be bought. That means BV and Lakeside have to buy them if they want to use them.

I don't think you get this. If Coventry offer AJ and Scott a team place and they turn it down then Coventry are within their right to say they have to be bought. That means BV and Lakeside have to buy them if they want to use them.

Unless it goes to the SCB or arbitration and is decided otherwise!! Didn't Swindon/Leicester have that issue?

Don't they take loan fees already paid into account when assessing a riders worth. In that case Coventry will probably owe us a refund.

• Like 2

I dont think you get that with the state of the Elite league big transfer fees are a thing of the past. I would think that any top rider who wants to ride over here will be able to ride for any club they want the SCB will just be glad they are willing to ride over here

With Nicholls it will be his 2nd year of a 2 year deal so Coventry will have agreed to that last year.

Edited by B.V 72

I assure you, Coventry agreed to no two year deal!

I assure you, Coventry agreed to no two year deal!

So that proves my point then there is no money in the sport for big transfer fees and the asset system is out dated and riders will ride where they want.

Be interesting to know if Wolves have been better off in loan fees for Nicki Pedersen rather than an outright fee.

Forget how many seasons hes rode in the UK since we let him go in 2001,but in hindsight we would probably have been better in getting a one off figure for him,because there was virtually zero chance of him ever returning to Monmore.