British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mdmc82

Confirmed Elite League Signings 2016

Reliable sources say he was announced at the talk in. The photo on the Hammers website says "returning number 1 AJ" attached to the article for 2016 team building.

Shame as had hoped we would have had him at Coventry but AJ agreed to be at Lakeside for 2 years.

Who are thes are these re liable sources then ? Not KKS by any chance is it ?

Nothing was said about AJ being on a two year deal when he was first signed. Why would he signed on two year deal when Lakeside didn't even know if they had a track in 2016 ?

The sequence of events as I recall them was that Jon Cook came on the mic mid season or thereabouts and said AJ had just told him he wanted to come back in 2016 but the actual confirmation was not given until it was confirmed Lakeside would be running in 2016

Edited by E I Addio
  • Like 1

I am not sure why these 2 year deals have become the in thing, Nicholls must be already signed and sealed for 2016, Just this week Hans has signed a 2 year deal. Coventry must have agreed with Belle Vue last year as nothing was mentioned when it was announced.

WIth no Zagar and Janowski then it weakens the product further and if there is a list of heat leaders does it permit for any dropping out. Hans must class as a heat leader now??

Edited by Coventry_Bee

I don't think you get this. If Coventry offer AJ and Scott a team place and they turn it down then Coventry are within their right to say they have to be bought. That means BV and Lakeside have to buy them if they want to use them.

If I remember correctly this rule was blown out of the water between Poole and Swindon where a point blank refusal to buy was allowed to stand.

Be interesting to know if Wolves have been better off in loan fees for Nicki Pedersen rather than an outright fee.there was virtually zero chance of him ever returning to Monmore.

Music to my ears. Couldn't bear the thought of the most hated rider pulling on a Wolves jacket.

• Like 1

Music to my ears. Couldn't bear the thought of the most hated rider pulling on a Wolves jacket.

Not a fan then ☺

Shouldn't Scott Nicholls be included in the Belle Vue line up as he's on a two year contract with them??

2016, some good meetings, some bad meetings, shouty man Pearson and Kelvin will get very excited on occasion, and then Poole will win go and win it again........ Plus ca change

Kyle Howarth at reserve for wolves?? How is that possible he was number 2 at Swindon and Coventry in the past 2 years. Can someone explain??

• Like 1

blackbird and mear at lakeside

sarjaent and bates at coventry

Really I thought he had retired?

Ellis and Newman for Poole - but query what averages are being used?!