British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
OveFundinFan

What You Think About The Rossi/marquez Spat.

Re the Malaysian GP

Rossi seems to think Mark Marquez was impeding him at the Australian GP the week before - presumably to give Lorenzo more chance of being this years world champ. Though Marquez and Lorenzo are not team mates they are both Spaniards. Rossi is after his 10th GP win, and only him and Lorenzo (team mates) are in for it.

Rossi has gone vocal with his views in the week leading up to the Malaysian GP, Marquez takes exception to this, so in the race Marquez lets Pedrosa and Lorenzo go off in the distance and plagues Rossi lap after lap after lap, playing with him at high speeds (the Yamahas are not as quick as the Hondas at the point in the season). I just knew it could end in tears for someone, hoping there would not be a serious crash.

Rossi must get fed up with it, runs Marquez out wide, they bump into each other, and it is claimed Rossis elbow got mixed up with Marquez front brake and down Marquez goes. Some say Rossi kicked Marquez off the bike, Rossi says his foot slipped of the foot peg.

Rossi finishes third, Marquez out of race. Rossi now only 7 ahead of Lorenzo with one round to go at Valencia, a Spanish track.

Race gets analysed and Rossi is given 2 penalty points, added to one he got earlier in the season, total three means he starts at the back of the grid in Valencia.

How do you see this?????

My opinion is that Marquez, or any other rider, should show respect for the two that are battling to be World Champ. If Marquez or anyone can beat Rossi or Lorenzo then let them do it, but to interfere with a battle for top spot is showing lack of respect.

Marquez is a talented rider, no doubt about it and will go on to win many world championships.... but at this moment one of his mentors just want to take him aside and tell him to behave himself.

Thats not to say Rossi was right doing what he did, but he is in with a chance of history making even at the ripe old age (for a GP rider) of 36, he must have got really cheesed off with Marquez.

If Marquez had the pace he should have been up front mixing it with Pedrosa and Lorenzo and trying to win the race for his sanctimonious sponsors Repsol, not faffing around trying to mess Rossi up. By the same token I think Rossi was very foolish goading Marquez in the Press Conference so setting the stage. Race Direction should have banged their heads together and told them to race "properly". The Championship is not out of Rossi's reach and I would rather him win it than Lorenzo. The true "Greats" like Hailwood and Surtees wouldn't have behaved in such a fashion.

The appeal on change.org to have the penalty points awared to Rossi after last weeks Malaysian GP has reached over 531,000 and will now be submitted, along with a Yamaha request, to an appeal panel.

Race Direction agreed that both riders were at fault but the rules did not allow Marquez to suffer any penalty, which means he can do th esame again and not suffer any consequence.

I would imagine a lot of the 531000+ petitioners will be strong Rossi fans, but I reckon a good number would be those who want to see fair play on the track.

Marquez was certainly giving Rossi a hard time compared to Lorenzo,not for the 1st time in recent GPs.Rossi knew what he was doing but don't really think he actually thought Marquez would fall off.Marquez made a it of a meal of it IMO .

• Like 2

Marquez was certainly giving Rossi a hard time compared to Lorenzo,not for the 1st time in recent GPs.Rossi knew what he was doing but don't really think he actually thought Marquez would fall off.Marquez made a it of a meal of it IMO .

Only saw this for the first time last night, and IMO Rossi was bang out of order, and has been rightly penalised for the next Moto GP.

Be interested to hear why you say Rossi was "bang out of order".

Look at the pictures, Rossi is more interested in pushing Marquez wide, or off, than he is in taking the right handed corner. If he has a problem with Marquez`s tactics clump him after the race but don't look for retribution on the track.

Oh, I forgot, moving riders wide dont happen in speedway..

We arent talking about speedway, you asked about Rossi and Marquez, I see Rossi has lost his appeal and will start at the back of the grid in Valencia, though wouldn't it just be like Rossi to battle his way through and enhance is legendary status.

Blocking takes place in all motor sports I can think of, same with taking wide. A very wide corner and Rossi being in the lead used the corner, not taking Marquez off the track. Same as in speedway, Marquez could have throttled off, but lent on Rossi - turning into him. Thats what you see when you look at different camera views.

Honda have the fastest bikes at the moment of the season, Marquez knows that by virtue at Aussie GP he made up a good second in the last lap to not only catch Lorenzo but then pass him fairly easy, yet for quite some time he played around with Rossi in what appears to be a slowing down move so fellow country man Lorenzo could get away.

So Marquez influenced the result of the Aussie GP, the Malaysian GP and the yet to be Valencia GP.

and Yes it would be good to see Rossi battle his way from last on the grid, but Valencia is far from his favourite track, last time he won there was 2004.

Marquez has shown himself to be a spoilt brat who also happens to be HRC's starlet

Edited by Joe Hatton

Hiya joe I reckon Rossi was bang out of order but would like to see him win the championship anyway,the only thing I will say in his defence is that I reckon Marquez kept letting him pass purely to slow Rossi down and get in his head.which he achieved.i understand Rossi s frustration but still think he was out of order

• Like 1

Have little interest in moto GP, but I just saw this on TV and it seems fairly minor clash by speedway standards

Just watching the collision on that one corner takes the whole incident out of context. I agree with Bruno, Rossi probably made the worst error of his career and it looked worse than it was. It was the type of action that you sometimes expected of him when he was sixteen and riding 125's. I think in the end he just lost his patience and did something very stupid. I think Marquez gets away with a lot because of his smiling young innocent demeanour, perhaps he believed that he was the "special one" after his successes in the big class and he must be very disappointed with himself after the errors that he has made this season. As Bruno said Marquez often does his utmost to break other riders race rhythm instead of getting on with it and showing that he can be a winner.

Over the years Rossi has matured, and I hope that the rest of the field won't hamper him on Sunday, It certainly will put a few more on the viewing figures for the race. I would hate Rossi's magnificent entertaining career to be ended by this controversy. The sad situation is that if Lorenzo takes the title then many will say that it's a hollow victory.

I thought this was live at 1pm on bt sport tomorrow ,I can't see it anywhere on live

I thought this was live at 1pm on bt sport tomorrow ,I can't see it anywhere on live

I've got it set to record, BT channel 417 on Sky

Rossi looked a bit uncomfortable in qualifying, I just hope he gets a chance to have a run at it today, but Lorenzo looked impressive. Danny Kent looked nervous yesterday. Should be an entertaining day