British Speedway Forum

Sounds very positive - let's hope it works out for everyone's benefit.

• Like 1

So Eddie Kennett and Richard Lawson to share their position due to too many EL/PL fixture clashes early season??!! Have I missed that rule somewhere?

Glad I'm not the only one who has missed all these new rules on the BSPA web-site😉

even if bjarne was going to miss some meetings , he would still do more meetings than bridger . a bridge too far for lewis .

• Like 1

Sure Bjarne is in the twilight of his career and past his prime. But one thing you do get with Bjarne is that he is 100% professional, and totally reliable. Don't throw what about Leicester, because it was clear he had major issues with the promotion and track.

He was excellent for Poole and Eastbourne, and rides Lakeside well. Clearly it was a cost cutting move. No offence to Bridger but he will be cheaper, and no where near the points scoring power of Bjarne.

A move that will take Lakeside to the battle of the spoon.

you can hardly call leaving a team mid season for personal reasons 100% professional.

Last 20 x EL matches:

Lewis Bridger: 88 rides / 159 points / Average = 7.23

Bjarne Pedersen: 91 rides / 149 points / Average = 6.55

Stats tell the picture I expected. Bjarne has been in a steady decline season upon season for too long.

Nice to have a British rider over a half hearted Dane anyway.

• Like 2

Bjarne he isn't. A second heatleader he isn't. A team player he isn't. Good on away tracks he isn't.

Talented he is. Exciting he is ( at least he is at Lakeside).

You sound like Yoda.

Bridgers style puts bums on seats ,,however unreliable he maybe..I think its worth the gamble .If he does the business and i think he will ,,as probably in the last chance salloon... and knows it !

Mind you every time i watch him at Blunsdon he generally unseats his own bum....

• Like 4

I think this will be a good move back in december i saw he was putting hard training in on his instagram so must of been wanting to come back since then listened to that interview and he has said he wouldnt come back if he didnt want to be the best and is aware of the risks but doesnt bother him because its what he wants to do.

Good luck lewis

• Like 1

Good for Lewis. He is certainly a pleasure to watch and I look to seeing him back in Lakeside colours

• Like 2

I have always liked lewis well his riding anyway, sounds like he is commiting fully to the

season so we should be unbeatable at home :lol: but we thought that last season. :t:

Never been a big fan of Lewis.But i hope that he has got his head together and that his heart is back into speedway,and that he has a really good season.With a lot of riders now not wanting to ride in the U K he is what the sport needs at the moment a decent British talent that should be loyal to British speedway.Fingers crossed.

Edited by B.V 72

Sure Bjarne is in the twilight of his career and past his prime. But one thing you do get with Bjarne is that he is 100% professional, and totally reliable. Don't throw what about Leicester, because it was clear he had major issues with the promotion and track.

He was excellent for Poole and Eastbourne, and rides Lakeside well. Clearly it was a cost cutting move. No offence to Bridger but he will be cheaper, and no where near the points scoring power of Bjarne.

A move that will take Lakeside to the battle of the spoon.

OMG - for once I am in total agreement with the things that Mr Shovalr writes - this time about Bjarne !!!

The major words like "twilight', "past" and "was" fully sum up the rider in 2016

Welcome to the real world Steve - look forward to further sensible posts from you

Kelvin Tatum said last night that he wanted Bjarne in the team and classed him as a true pro. He also said he wanted Bridger as well and wanted to get rid of another rider but the choice was not his.

• Like 1

where did you see kelvin saying that?

where did you see kelvin saying that?

Kelvin and Pearson had there talk in at Poole last night

Kelvin Tatum said last night that he wanted Bjarne in the team and classed him as a true pro. He also said he wanted Bridger as well and wanted to get rid of another rider but the choice was not his.

That sounds like the usual Shovlar spin to me, aimed at stirring, but does anybody have a link to what was actually said, in what context and the words used ?

Kelvin is a bright guy and very articulate.. He is also a riders man who doesn't speak in BSF language. I don't believe for one moment that he spoke in blunt terms of "Getting rid" of another rider. I am sure it would have been expressed differently to that. After all he said about building the team last week I don't believe he is so stupid as to alienate riders by saying things as pejoratively and as bluntly as that. as that. I think he is far to astute to give the impression that he disagrees with management thinking when he hasnt been in the job 5 minutes

Nobody wanted to see Bjarne go but as we now know he would be missing a total of seven meetings in all then after all that was said about r/r last year the team can't be going into a quarter of the league programme with r/r for the second heatleader, especially against teams like Belle Vue or Poole.

The only rider who could be dropped to fit Lewis average in would be Kim Nilsson who not only has done nothing wrong, but he was one of the first riders signed up and is a fans favourite so it would be monstrous to drop him this close to the start of the season.

Once again all we have so far from Lewis is talk and expectation. I hope for everyones sake he delivers but he still has to walk the walk. He still has to show he can score well on all the away tracks and he still has to show he has a new attitude. Kim is in much the same position as Lewis, in that he still has to reach his potential and still has to master most of the away tracks, although he has on occasions topped the away scores,which I dont think Lewis has..Plus Kim fits in with the rest of the team , which Lewis has still to learn to do.

I'll ask Kelvin at Press and Practice, but I bet the point he was making was not quite as the Poole stirrer in chief would like us to think ;)

• Like 4