British Speedway Forum
mdmc82

Coventry Storm 2016

And Knuckey is back... teams are looking good from what's come out so far!

• Like 3

Brilliant to see Martin Knuckey back. Was the best NL rider I watched from any team last year, some amazing passes at Brandon.

• Like 2

Martin really deserves to be back at the Storm. He had a great 2nd half to the season and I think if he carries that form into next season he will one of the NL top riders.

Edited by TesarRacing
  • Like 1

Martin really is what the NL should be about for the likes of Coventry. Brought in seemingly from nowhere, no fan-fare he come in as a reserve and has improved, steadily at first but greatly the second half of last year. He's become a fan favourite and with any luck will pick up a PL place (or at least some guest bookings) this coming season and depending on what they do with the draft (and taking a positive view on the future of the club) he could well find himself riding for the Bees in the next few seasons.

It's all well and godo having the likes of Darryl Ritchings (who did a wonderful job) but ultimately he filled a gap and did a good job for a season, but he's a Swindon boy who will sign for the Robins when he's ready for the EL.

Anything I read about Martin seems to be positive too, theres no doubting he's become a real fans favourite.

On an average of 5.44, didn't even realise he had started scoring solid points at any point from reserve!

Conor Dwyer resigns for Coventry

Fully deserves another season after his performances last year but its going to be tough to improve on 5.44. I hope he proves me wrong but its a big step up into the main body of the team.

Edited by Sings4Kings
  • Like 1

Yeah, Dwyer had a good year that probably went under the radar for most. If he maintains his average around the middle of the 5-6 points then he's done a good job and should then look to kick on well over 6 in 2017.

Looks like they are building a decent Storm side for 2016.

• Like 4

Yes and keeping a few from this season too which I think is what went wrong between 2014 and 2015 and why the attendances dropped ~ that and the disjointed fixture list of course. Hopefully more fans will support The Storm next season.

• Like 2

Looks a very solid top 5 with Greenwood, Carr, Knuckey, Dwyer & RTD. Hts 13 & 15 should be particularly formidable. Two decent reserves (I suspect Halder will be one) and its got to be a play off spot team.

• Like 2